New Desktop PC for Clinic

joshiks7

Journeyman
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Running software to store patient's data. Its based upon cloud storage. Data is mainly text and simple pdf, there are no images (like Sonography or CT scans). Casual surfing, mails , powerpoint . No gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Rs 55-60K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Windows 10
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 tb minimum

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
FHD 22 inch
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:NO

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Within a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Solapur but can from Mumbai (prime ab gb)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want to add SSD for fast booting. Need in built wifi and wireless mouse and key board to avoid wire clutter. DVD writer needed. I want future proof system , fully reliable and FAST.
Regards

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anything basic will do for your need. Since Ryzen APU costs just a little more than Athlon/Pentium, you can go for that and also you have good enough budget.
~50k

Ryzen 2200G
MSI B450M Pro VDH
Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 4GB DDR4 CL14 x 2
Corsair CX450
Corsair 100R
Asus DVD Writer
WD Blue 7200rpm 1TB
Samsung 860EVO 250GB SSD
Logitech KB&M wireless combo
LG 22MP68VQ-P
USB Wifi adaptor

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
Will 8th generation i3 be overkill for my needs?
Rather than external wifi USB, Do we get internal Wi fi card?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,8th gen i3 is overkill for your needs.Internal wifi cards are costlier & messier(in the sense you need to install them in pcie slots after opening cabinet cover plus you can not simply plug & play them like usb).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Will 8th generation i3 be overkill for my needs?
Rather than external wifi USB, Do we get internal Wi fi card?
Even 2200G is overkill. It's alright as you have budget. Couple of thousands more you can get i3, better CPU performance than 2200G but not as good wrt iGPU performance. But for your case, it doesn't matter.

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
Thx a lot.
I was thinking in terms of i3 as my home PC is i3 based assembled in 2010 and still doing excellent duty.
But since its an overkill, I will go ahead with 2200G. It will save some money also.
Regards

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thx a lot.
I was thinking in terms of i3 as my home PC is i3 based assembled in 2010 and still doing excellent duty.
But since its an overkill, I will go ahead with 2200G. It will save some money also.
Regards
2010 i3 is now slower than latest pentium dual core(used to be available at 4.3k but now after intel price increase due to shortage,is costing 6.5k).

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Go with the AMD Ryzen. I have one at home. Is a decent processor.

Also I feel it will be better for future because AMD tends to support their CPU sockets for long time in turn leading to availability of motherboard replacements for longer in the future too. I had an AM2 setup running for 10 years at home in which time I had to change 3 motherboards. AMD has promised to keep current pin for 4 years.

AM4 socket information Socket AM4 Platform | AMD

Last edited by a moderator:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
@whitestar_999 Sorry about that. I thought of it as a single post. Forgot that the second line was added shortly afterwards and was hoping it would auto-merge. (Is that functionality still there?)

-------------------

@joshiks7 Please consider adequate backups too. I suggest one onsite and one offsite password protected backups. And also store the password in physical form in a bank locker in case you happen to forget password. (Considering that it is patient data that is both precious and privacy risk)

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No problem.:) There is actually a time limit(maybe within a minute or two of posting) within which any new post is automatically merged with previous post by same user provided nobody else posted in between.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -54K

AMD Ryzen 5 2200G -8k
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -13k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 8GB DDR4 -6k
Corsair CX450 -3.5k
Corsair 100R -3k
Asus 24x DVD Writer -1k
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3k
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -5.5k
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22inch LED IPS -10k
Logitech MK200 -1k

Total -54K

Mobo has built in WiFi and Bluetooth.

Last edited:
OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
hi.
Can I use samsung 1 tb SSD rather than HDD ? OS and main data stoarge will be on same drive . Planning to get from USA. Its cheap there

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
You can do that. In that case I strongly advise getting another mechanical hard drive to keep in the same box and use Syncthing to keep a running backup in case of SSD failure.

Top Bottom