New CPU for h61m-s2pv - 2.1v

intricate

Broken In
Hello Fellows,
I own H61M-S2PV 2.1 version motherboard. It has G2020 Pentium @2.9Ghz. Recently to increase Graphics performance I installed a Graphics Card (with passive cooling as I like silence) Gforce GT 710 with 1 GB of DDR3. Now I wonder isn't it better to replace the Pentium with other better CPU and remove GT710? I know there are i5 and i7 cpus? Best with low Watt consumption. G2020 consumes only 55W.

I user my computer to surf internet and watching hd videos on the Internet.

Thx

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
you can buy a second hand 2nd/3rd gen i5 cpu and replace your existing pentium for increased performance.However dont expect it to work wonders though-you can only expect an uptick in performance in tasks that aren't too cpu heavy,such as watching HD videos etc.For anything else like gaming,it wont do much good.

the i5 will allow you to run hevc encoded videos that are slightly taxing on the cpu and can exhibit some lag if you try to run them on a pentium.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GT710 seems still better then Core i5-3550S which has Inter HD graphics 2500, isn't it?

yes ... but that depends if you want to save on power consumption and only watch HD videos then HD 2500 shall serve the purpose but having the GT710 on your system won't harm anything anyway. What type of work you don on PC is more important but still getting a i5 3550 makes sense..

Top Bottom