New camera for around 15k

saswat23

Human Spambot
Guys I am looking for a new camera for around 15k. Point and shoot are the only options I know. But I have also seen some Semi-SLRs around this price too and I am much interested in getting one of those.
How's this one: Fujifilm FinePix SL1000

Please give me your opinions.

What's your budget?
~16k

Camera type?
DSLR or Point and Shoot

Body Style?
Doesnt matter, but probably looking for bridge

How much zoom do you want/expect?
Decent optical zoom (16x +)

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yep

What will you be shooting with this camera?
Functions and for almost every occasions.

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
probably no action/sports, but I am not sure. May be I would like to do so any time later.

Video?
Not much, occasional.

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
Nothing as such, but the only good brands I am aware of are: Canon, Nikkon, Panasonic, SONY and Fujifilm.

From where will you be buying?
Online/Local store, wherever I get the best deal.

Any other features you need?
The more I can, the better it is. I am not much aware of many of these features and functions as I have not used many digital cameras (This is the first that I am gonna purchase).

Anything else you would like to tell us?
Having WiFi would be an added bonus, but not compulsory. But I want a decent camera, the most feature rich in my budget.

Looking for your suggestion guys.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Fuji S series bridge's IQ is not that great.
You can check out Nikon P series bridge and Panasonic FZ 70. Comparatively better in my view. See if you like it.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Guys I am looking for a new camera for around 15k. Point and shoot are the only options I know. But I have also seen some Semi-SLRs around this price too and I am much interested in getting one of those.
How's this one: Fujifilm FinePix SL1000

Please give me your opinions.

What's your budget?
~16k

Camera type?
DSLR or Point and Shoot

Body Style?
Doesnt matter, but probably looking for bridge

How much zoom do you want/expect?
Decent optical zoom (16x +)

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yep

What will you be shooting with this camera?
Functions and for almost every occasions.

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
probably no action/sports, but I am not sure. May be I would like to do so any time later.

Video?
Not much, occasional.

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
Nothing as such, but the only good brands I am aware of are: Canon, Nikkon, Panasonic, SONY and Fujifilm.

From where will you be buying?
Online/Local store, wherever I get the best deal.

Any other features you need?
The more I can, the better it is. I am not much aware of many of these features and functions as I have not used many digital cameras (This is the first that I am gonna purchase).

Anything else you would like to tell us?
Having WiFi would be an added bonus, but not compulsory. But I want a decent camera, the most feature rich in my budget.

Looking for your suggestion guys.
Nikon COOLPIX L830 16 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 34x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and Full 1080p HD VideoAmazon.com : Nikon COOLPIX L830 16 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 34x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and Full 1080p HD Video (Red) : Camera & Photo

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
Fuji S series bridge's IQ is not that great.
Why so? Any problem?

You can check out Nikon P series bridge and Panasonic FZ 70. Comparatively better in my view. See if you like it.
This one: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70K Point & Shoot Camera Rs.17493 Price in India - Buy Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70K Point & Shoot Camera Online - Panasonic : Flipkart.com
Seems good for its price.
But how is it better compared to FinePix SL1000?

- - - Updated - - -

Nikon COOLPIX L830 16 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 34x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and Full 1080p HD VideoAmazon.com : Nikon COOLPIX L830 16 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 34x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and Full 1080p HD Video (Red) : Camera & Photo

It doesnot have the mode control knob like others in this range.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:D Not just that...
FZ70
+ Full manual controls when recording video
+ Better focal range (though it's little softer @ tele end)
+ Better aperture range
+ Stereo recording
+ Review are little better

Check Nikon P series bridge if you haven't...

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
:D Not just that...
FZ70
+ Full manual controls when recording video
+ Better focal range (though it's little softer @ tele end)
+ Better aperture range
+ Stereo recording
+ Review are little better

Check Nikon P series bridge if you haven't...

Thanks. But which model of Nikon are you talking about? I find most of them priced more.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I would say, FZ70 is little better comparing with P530.

Hotshoe, aperture range, movie controls, RAW...

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
But by adding a few extra grands you can get a DSlR

Will try to do so. But DSLR will require more maintainance and I will need different lens for different occasions. That will add much more to the cost. Isnt it?

- - - Updated - - -

I would say, FZ70 is little better comparing with P530.

Hotshoe, aperture range, movie controls, RAW...

Hotshoe doesnt matter to me. But others do. If FZ70 had WiFi, it would have been my final option.

$hadow

Geek in making
Will try to do so. But DSLR will require more maintainance and I will need different lens for different occasions. That will add much more to the cost. Isnt it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hotshoe doesnt matter to me. But others do. If FZ70 had WiFi, it would have been my final option.

it will be adding cost but you don't have to bought the lens from the get go. Plus point to shoot always leaves a lot to be desired from the camera.

$hadow

Geek in making
^^ Didnt get you!!

A dslr will always give you more flexiblity and options to control on your camera. Point and shoot is always a basic device with less to no controls in comparison to dslr. I was also in your place a few weeks ago with similar budget and then after getting the suggestions I decided to wait till deewali to get a dslr. And regarding lens you can always buy a new lens later.

mayasinha

Right off the assembly line
I think you should go and browse on Snapdeal.com and Flipkart.com for new camera. I damn sure you will get it from best camera in 15k budget.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
A dslr will always give you more flexiblity and options to control on your camera. Point and shoot is always a basic device with less to no controls in comparison to dslr. I was also in your place a few weeks ago with similar budget and then after getting the suggestions I decided to wait till deewali to get a dslr. And regarding lens you can always buy a new lens later.

Yep, that's true. I had been to local store yesterday. After using and knowing the advantages of a DSLR I am really fascinated to get one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should go and browse on Snapdeal.com and Flipkart.com for new camera. I damn sure you will get it from best camera in 15k budget.

Yes, snapdeal has very good pricing. Almost 4-6k difference from the offer the local stores made here. But my concern is will there be any warranty issues if I purchase camera from snapdeal? Because Nikon and Canon have clearly mentioned that onine sites like flipkart, snapdeal, amazon, etc are not there authorized reseller.

Top Bottom