Broken In
Hey folks,
My current config:
Intel Core i7-950 (D0)
Corsair XMS DDR3 8 GB
GA-X58A-UD7(Rev 2.0)
Seaagte 1TB ST31000524AS + Samsung SP0822N
Zotac GTX 470 1280mb

I have a Zebronics Bijli (1st edition) cabinet :cry: which is very poor in terms of cooling and has very little space to accomodate all hardware with a long GPU.

Pls suggest a new cabinet ideal for this config. I might also want to upgrade to Liquid cooling in the future:razz:, so please consider that. Also recommend a good quality PSU as i currently have a cheap VIP 600W PSU. It should be able to handle at least 2 way SLI.

OP
N

Navid

Broken In
PSU is not of great priority now. 1st thing that I need is a good cabinet. I was considering the NZXT Phantom Full tower.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are thinking of phantom then u should have a budget of atleast 9k. Phantom is a great cabby. You can also look for corsair graphite 600t. But currently your first priority should be the psu. U are running on a time bomb!!

Last edited:
OP
N

Navid

Broken In
I thought the Phantom full tower was available fr around 6k in lamington rd. It looks xtremely impressive. The 600T seems to be v.good according to numerous reviews. Any other good ones? Theres a huge range and i just cant decide.

People told me that. But why?

that my psu was a time bomb

sukesh1090

Adam young
because it is a local unreliable PSU on which you are running a power hungry card and thinking of checking your PSU's explosion capability by adding another 470.so better buy a good 600w psu at around 4k.
btw the nzxt phantom which is available at 6k is phantom 410 and is not a full tower but still looks and feels like its elder brother.for cheap water management case you can go for 400R but if and only if you are planning to buy corsair H100 or cooler with similar dimensions or thinner.you will have problem with DRAm slots if you buy a radiator thicker than H100.
It will help us a lot if you fix your budget and let us know it.

OP
N

Navid

Broken In
Thanks for your replies everybody. Budget is yet not fixed, but the final cost can always be reduced by around 2K coz the people at lamington rd are reasonable. Basically I want my rig to be extremly neat and good cable management and good airflow. My GPU runs @ around 70c idle without overclocking(factory overclocked card), which is why i wanted liquid cooling. Forgetting all previous requirements, should i first buy a PSU or cabinet looking only at my current config, coz overheating could damage my rigs parts, and my Bijli is a faliure at any kind of cooling. Please recommend only cabinets with long GPU support, coz its a big pain to have 2-3 hdd slots blocked

OP
N

Navid

Broken In
Hmmm. Any cheaper alternatives not compromising on quality? Anyways, I feel that the 410 looks cheap compared to the full tower

OP
N

Navid

Broken In
carbide 500r looks good. Ill probably go for it. Is it available in lamington coz people complained of its inavailibility in India.

btw my PSU recommendation is 490W according to CoolerMaster PSU calculator

sukesh1090

Adam young
ditch that calculator and go for a 600 or 700W psus as it will be there with you for some time in future and you are thinking about SLI.go for 500R its a great cabinet.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Until and unless you are quoting your budget, its hard to recommend any particular model. Secondly, Coolermaster GX series is not that good.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
go for the 500r. Its spacious and has nice cable management. Plus if u can get the components from smc you can get glacialtech ax 900 under 7k. Its modular and has 80+ silver certification.

OP
N

Navid

Broken In
Finally i might take the plunge today :) . Any final recommendations?

Ive thought of buying Corsair 500r and the PSU next week.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
hey hold your cabinet purchase till may because corsair has released new case vengeance at the same price point of 500R i.e., $139.99 and looks awesome.you may want to buy it.
Vengeance Gaming Cases ? designed for travelling gamers, with durable steel construction and high-airflow designs, they?re built for LAN party dominance

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Go for it. The vengeance cases will take time to arrive at our shores. Also they are almost the same cases. So which psu have u decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.