New bike under 85k (on-road).

koolent

Youngling
I want to purchase a bike within 85k (on-road), I live in a town called Rawatbhata and the roads are nicely laid here.Really less traffic is observed as is signified by the presence of no traffic signals. The roads only have one hitch, at some places there are really bad stretches on the road for 2-3 kms. Everything else is butter.

What is your budget?

Your height & body build (lean/medium/heavy).
- Medium

Looking for 100cc or 125cc or 150cc or >200cc?
- 150cc, Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge 2012 will be good enough.

How many KMs do you travel everyday?
- 12-18 kms

How do you intend to travel most of the times- Alone or with pillion?
- Alone, but rarely mom will be there as one.

Looking for Naked/Semi faired or faired bikes?
- Does not matter, performance does.

Do you have preference to a certain brand or interested in any specific bike?
- No, but no Suzuki as there are no service centers here

What do you want most out of your bike? (Mileage/Power).
- Power, milage around 43 kmpl would be enough.

Your place of stay and where you intend to buy it.
- Rawatbhata, Rajasthan. Will buy from here only but test drives might be at Kota, Rajasthan 50 kms from my location.

What bikes have you owned in the past?
- A TVS Scooty PEP+ (Black). Nothing else.

How long do you intend to keep the bike?
- 9 yrs or more

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will take a look at the FZ series from Yamaha but it doesn't suit my dad's built so please keep that in mind while suggesting.

Secondly, I personally like bikes with less noise ex: Apache, pulsar etc. Rather than bikes like the Bullet which make a great deal of the same.

BUMP!

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Hey buddy.
RTR 160 is a great bike, except for its vibrations and sporty riding position. Its great for short riders, not so much for taller ones.

The RTR series is better performing than the Pulsar series for the same cc. RTR 160 is better than P150. RTR 180 is better than Pulsar 180. Plus RTR's frame is amazing in handling.
But RTR suffers in mileage. Either ways, you should get about 40 kmpl from RTR 180 when ridden sanely.

But I couldn't get it clear: You want it for yourself or your dad?

Either ways, I think you should narrow it down to Pulsar 180 & RTR 180. If you're prepared to extend your budget a bit, Karizma 223cc and Pulsar 220 are also good bikes at around 88-90k.
Karizma is good for intercity touring, with more torque, lesser power and longer 5th gear.
Pulsar is good for city commuting & intercity touring both, with more power.

Any more queries, you can put forward. I have ridden all these bikes and some more too...

Anish

Spectre
Honda cb Unicorn - quiet engine, good comfort, mileage upto 55kmpl
Since you dont want suzuki i didnt mention, but gs150r is on firstplace - you wont even know whether the engine is ON or OFF during idling :mrgreen:

Last edited:
OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
^ Yu are late :D :D, Bought the TVS Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge, Awesome bike yaar!

basically, I am really happy with my decision. The vibrations are not bad at all! And the suspensions are pretty much good.

My road conditions are perfect and I ride it for a max 20 kms a day. Might be 150 kms or more if I head to Kota. But a really nice bike indeed!

Anish

Spectre
^ Yu are late :D :D, Bought the TVS Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge, Awesome bike yaar!

basically, I am really happy with my decision. The vibrations are not bad at all! And the suspensions are pretty much good.

My road conditions are perfect and I ride it for a max 20 kms a day. Might be 150 kms or more if I head to Kota. But a really nice bike indeed!
Many more happy returns of the bike bro :nanananana:
When did you buy?

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Proud Apache 160 RTR HE owner here :) 10k+ kms done, vibrations occur after one week/~150+kms of Servicing, it also occurs if you raise engine. It's got blistering acceleration!

Top Bottom