New Android Mobile needed, budget 4k to 7k !!! Suggestions Please

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
now MMX has announced Canvas Spark, for just 5000 and also Zenfone is coming, i think wait and watch is the best thing to do right now, also InFocus M2 is also very tempting

yes, thread will stay alive for some time now, hope i will get a good phone

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
now MMX has announced Canvas Spark, for just 5000 and also Zenfone is coming, i think wait and watch is the best thing to do right now, also InFocus M2 is also very tempting

yes, thread will stay alive for some time now, hope i will get a good phone

dont get MMX unless its yureka
avoid Infocus etc,youll regret it trust me

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I think you primarily endorse Lumia Windows phone.
Any suggestions for a decent phone under 10k(Windows Phone)

I do prefer windows phone but i recognise its pros and cons and suggest android or wp accordingly
if you want to go in for a windows phone,I suggest Lumia 535 and Lumia 640(if you can spare 2k more)

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Any comments on this phone: ZTE Geek V975 Price in India - Buy ZTE Geek V975 Black 8 Online - ZTE : Flipkart.com .

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
2 year old phone
Good point, however a quick google search shows that its CPU's benchmarks are comparable to that of moto e 2nd gen. Also did you see the rest of the specs? Doesn't it look like a really bang-for-bucks kind of phone ?

no news of updates.
I am curious why people place such an importance on having the latest OS for their mobile ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Good point, however a quick google search shows that its CPU's benchmarks are comparable to that of moto e 2nd gen. Also did you see the rest of the specs? Doesn't it look like a really bang-for-bucks kind of phone ?

I am curious why people place such an importance on having the latest OS for their mobile ?

SoC and most of the specifications are same as in original Zenphone 5. But if anybody is buying a 2 year old phone for 7k, I'd say get one which has got dev support. AOSP based roms will make that old phone worth it.
Jump from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 (or 5.0.2) has lots of performance improvements.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
SoC and most of the specifications are same as in original Zenphone 5.
Actually a closer look shows that the zenfone @ Rs.9500 that has a slower cpu ( Z2560 ) than the zte one : Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG White 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Jump from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 (or 5.0.2) has lots of performance improvements
sigh.. I hope you don't mind me , but I have heard this for every software update for every software I ever heard being updated since the last 10 years. And its rarely ever true.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Any comments on this phone: ZTE Geek V975 Price in India - Buy ZTE Geek V975 Black 8 Online - ZTE : Flipkart.com .

nah dont fall for such phones
-2 year old
-poor after sales
-relatively unknown brand
-100% cheap build quality
-poor dev support
etc

why buy it when you have Zenfone for the same price and same config

- - - Updated - - -

True in a way but I will say this Kitkat is wayyy more stable than stock 5.1 and Jelly bean which are notoriously buggy and slow

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Actually a closer look shows that the zenfone @ Rs.9500 that has a slower cpu ( Z2560 ) than the zte one : Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG White 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

sigh.. I hope you don't mind me , but I have heard this for every software update for every software I ever heard being updated since the last 10 years. And its rarely ever true.

This is the original Zenfone 5
Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG - Full phone specifications

A501CG is India specific model IIRC.

Well ram consumption decreased, smoothness and battery life increased going from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4. This also depends on the stock rom and user apps running at startup/background.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

actually Lollipop and Jelly bean are the slowest and poorly optimised versions of android,kitkat was more stable
also Zenfone 5 itself is soo well powered why compromise on important stuff like brand,build quality,after sales etc just for an overkill cpu with the ZTE

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
This is the original Zenfone 5
Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG - Full phone specifications
I see. thanks for correcting

zte-relatively unknown brand
but its a HUGE company. ZTE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well ram consumption decreased, smoothness and battery life increased going from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4.
RAM consumption is a complex art to measure (at least on linux). From what I know RAM is always fully utilized on linux..

why buy it when you have Zenfone for the same price and same config
- Not a fan of ASUS
- slightly expensive

hmm I did some more research on zte, and I'll have to drop it. Reviewers have pointed out that the software is less than impressive on this thing. Slow animations, chinese labels, custom buggy UI etc..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
ZTE is not an unknown brand, infact they are right up in the top with Xiaomi and Huawei, they dont market their phones in India thats why their presence isnt felt here..
If anyone remembers the DellXCD5 or something a couple of years back, the first 480p resolution phone under 15k, it was a rebranded ZTE Blade .. back in the old days where everyone was running around with Optimus one and Froyo :S

$hadow

Geek in making
If it helps YU will be coming out with a phone to have a direct competition with redmi 2 so I am guessing for a 7k around pricing.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Redmi 2 is nothing new to offer, and i believe its not priced right, Redmi 1 was perfect for its price and features, Redmi 2 has only 4 G support nothing else great to write about.

I would have bought Redmi 2 is the price was around 6000, and if they could have packed a good quality headset, and black cover. Since the day Zenfone 2 is annouced all the company is traying to sell their product as fast as possible, as they may be able to stand up to the competition,

how can Redmi 2 is still available for sale, for past one week, where as earlier it used to go out of stock wihin 2 seconds, because people have more option now,

Also i dont know why, but i received email from Flipkart that Huawei Honor 4X, limited edition is added to my cart for 10500, dont know what to do.

I belive this flash sale thing was idea of Flipkart and not the company, Flipkart (getting worse and worse day by day) but now they are offering direct to cart,

anyone want this phone, i can order it to their address, for cash on delivery

ajayritik

Technomancer
[MENTION=72751]Skyh3ck[/MENTION]
Bro your thread is running to almost 7 Pages.
So are you going to decide soon or not?

Top Bottom