neoSearch 1.86 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshyjohn

Developer
Sources:
- *www.koshyjohn.com/software/neosearch.html
- *www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/neoSearch.shtml

Full Disclosure: This is one of my programs...

*koshyjohnuk.googlepages.com/neosearch.png

[neoSearch - Screenshots - Testimonials - Feedback] Ξ [Koshy John]

Release date: 01-01-2009, 00:00 IST (GMT +530) - version 1.86 (forward release)
Size: 470KB
Download count: 12,675+

Quick Feature List
- Super-fast indexing (options to include/exclude paths, schedule, set priority; progress display window)
- Six rapidly changing dynamic results that change as you type
- Full list of results (re-sortable by name, size, date, path)
- Super-Navigation - allows you to rapidly access any file or folder on your system using wildcards and path auto-completion.
- Unicode support - foreign language search!

USP
- It's fast! Ridiculously fast! And it's amazingly light on memory and processor usage (proc spikes only if indexing at maximum speed).
- It looks really really good. Vista-esque. Check out the screenshots.
- It does not require administrative privileges! Use it ANYWHERE!

Sample Performance Trace
Indexing: 6.5 secs (7384 files)
Searching: 0.01 to 0.40 secs usually

*www.koshyjohn.com/images/dloadnow.png​
Websites Hosting neoSearch

*i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/dl/button/anim_button.gif *www.softpedia.com/images/softpedia_download_small.gif *www.snapfiles.com/images/dnldbut.gif *www.soft82.com/images/download_buttons/download_button_1.gif and many many more...

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
I am not sure if all the other apps in the pipeline will be released because I don't want to compromise the quality of my offerings by releasing anything that isn't at least as good as what is already out there.

It's surprising that there's only one comment on this. Considering how useful this can be (or as Russell Peter says "mind-blasting... anything can blow your mind.. but this blasted my mind" .. lol)

I can only scream out "It's great! It's great" for so long before I start looking like an idiot.. Everyone needs to try it out and go: "I'll be darned! It's even better than he claimed it was..." :D

@everyone else other than anandk
Let's say you try it out.. At worst, you'll waste 5 minutes of your time.. On the flip side, you might just find that you've discovered a really useful application!

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
I will try this out but for some strange reason, Kaspersky detected as Tojan like Behaviour and stopped it
Hmm... False positive. I use Norton Antivirus 2009 (no booing please) and I've not gotten any such. Anyone else getting this? Try it inside of a sandbox (like SandBoxie) to see what it does with having to worry...

It's been tested and hosted securely as a mirror at Softpedia - it's the closest to being sure it's safe I can offer at the moment if you don't want to try a sandbox...

Nice App. Looks a bit unfinished though. But seriously fast. :)
I know it can be better but in what way do you feel its unfinished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom