[Needed] Mobile Phone Under 15K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hello everyone

I'm planning to purchase a mobile phone under 15-16K. So I request all mobile experts to provide their opinion which handset should I go for? :)

I don't have any special feature requirement but the handset should look excellent. So I want to know which mobile would fit the best in my budget?

Thanks in advance.

sujoyp

Grand Master
at least specify
1. Smart phone or not?
2. u will use internet on that??
3. Camera preference???
4. Touchscreen vs non-touchscreen?

:p:p

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
All these things don't matter for me. I just want a value for money mobile set. So please suggest the handsets which come in your mind while thinking about this budget. :)

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Since am Android Bhakt; I would recommend a Samsung Galaxy or Samsung Galaxy Spica. Probably the best phones at that price point! Check specs. before taking a call.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
IMHO buying WM is a sheer waste of money esp. since Microsoft had acknowledged that WM in its current form is not up-to the mark.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Nokia E71: 15k-16k (qwerty symbian phone)
Nokia 5800XM: touch symbian phone : 13.5k
Samsung i7500: android touch phone: 15.5k

My pick for you would be E71

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Thanks. How much does it cost? I can increase the budget a little bit if required. Will you recommend HTC mobiles over your previously suggested Samsung models?

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
^^ Thanks. How much does it cost? I can increase the budget a little bit if required. Will you recommend HTC mobiles over your previously suggested Samsung models?

I have a slight bias towards HTC because I use one and I find them supremely rugged & polished. I use HTC Magic & it still retails for 22/23K! HTC Hero too retails for around same price point (down from 32K earlier). But in Mumbai prices of phones are generally high :x. I am pretty sure that Magic will never get an Android 2.1 upgrade; Hero probably will.

HTC mobiles (being older in the game) also has a more active developer community (read : XDA). My suggestion: If your net cash outflow (for HTC) is less than or equal to 20K get HTC Magic/Hero; else get Samsung i5700.

Samsung makes more sense because of the hardware they offer at such an unbeatable price.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Thanks. So I think I should go for Samsung. But still confused between i5700 and i7500. Whats the price difference between both of them? I found feature-wise i7500 is better than i5700.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
All these things don't matter for me. I just want a value for money mobile set. So please suggest the handsets which come in your mind while thinking about this budget. :)

then wats the reason for spending 15k.....
we have so many VFM cellfones @ different price ranges....& ur budget
heavily depends on ur type of usage...:-o

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Its a classic "catch 22" question that I have seen on many forums. The price difference between them is 1500-2000 or less.

Last week I checked i7500 at my neighborhood store and the AMOLED display was massive and gorgeous! It just pwnd my Magic display with its size and quality. I have heard its 5MP camera rocks! If you are not bothered about Android 2.1 upgrade go for Galaxy it really rocks! Please read this review (Post 12), may give you more clarity; the reviewer is clearly excited :) (though it is for i5700 shouldn't make much of a difference)

*www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-spica-i-e-i5700-160562.html

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think you made a great choice. This phone is definitely VFM if you ask me. Although I'm not sure how its performance is. Please include a brief review from your point of view if you get time.

If you are not bothered about Android 2.1 upgrade go for Galaxy it really rocks!
I thought Galaxy was getting a 2.1 upgrade or at least I saw it mentioned somewhere on the Internet.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey HI vishal...

I am also planning to buy samsung galaxy...but me confused in i5700 and i7500

I m getting i5700 in rs. 11k only

I read somewhere tht bluetooth transfers r not possible,... Also u can not receive incoming calls while u r browsing internet on it.
Please clarify my doubts..
Also is it possible to play avi, mpeg videos on it or not.. As i read somewhere it does not support xvid or divx codecs..

Please reply asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom