Need your help on purchasing N72

Status
Not open for further replies.

casual_gamer

In the zone
I want to purchase a new mobile mainly for Gprs, Games Camera and Music. Now, i have zeroed it on N72. I want to know...
1) Whether it has a D-pad or a Joystick (which is better for playing games) ?
2) what is the processor speed. bcoz i read on mouthshut.com that the phone slows down a lot..
3) I know it has 20mb internal memory, but what is the actual memory available for applications after the phone starts(i.e the free memory displayed in Fexplorer)
4) Should i get N72 or Nokia 6630?

Of all the reviews i have read, none of the reviews threw any light on its gaming capabilities. I hope it has a d-pad like Nokia 3650, which is very comfortable to play games.

This comment on Mouthshut.com is scarring me alot
"I have also bought this piece. The one thing that i want to say that, Dont play games or download games as these seriously slows down and even hangs up the phone. I had to restart the phone many times and finally i removed all the games and after that it is working as good as ever.
Also one more thing that also install a antivirus, this will help secure ur files and phone system"

K

krazyfrog

N72 has a square shaped D-pad which won't be good for gaming. I myself would prefer a circular D-pad. For that reason i suggest you go for Nokia 6681 as its D-pad is nice and decent for gaming. I suggest you take a look at 6681 if gaming is your main priority.

outlaw

De@d
hm... i would have suggested n70 cuz its got 3g and the price diffrence is just 1000 bucks

but as u gotta game the n70 keypad wont be of much help
its too cramped up

so better get n72

of if u want bigger keypad go for 6680 its got 3g as welll

reddick

Mobile Freak
Go for N72...don't opt for 6630 :cool: N72 gives u gud camera,sound,graphics n better controls on games :wink: 6630 is out-dated now :rolleyes:

OP
C

casual_gamer

In the zone
Some of you are saying N72 controls are not good for games and others are recommending N72, i am confused guys. What is the difference between N70 and N72 keypad and D-pad as far as gaming is concerned. One of the reason i am looking at N72 over 6630 is that it has 20mb Ram compared to 10mb ram of 6630.
Also i don't understand why the 6630's price is stagnant from the past 10 months? currently in bangalore it is selling for 11,400 rs.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
casual_gamer said:
Some of you are saying N72 controls are not good for games and others are recommending N72, i am confused guys. What is the difference between N70 and N72 keypad and D-pad as far as gaming is concerned. One of the reason i am looking at N72 over 6630 is that it has 20mb Ram compared to 10mb ram of 6630.
Also i don't understand why the 6630's price is stagnant from the past 10 months? currently in bangalore it is selling for 11,400 rs.

N70 have 2 Cam - make me correct if I am wrong.

6630 - No problem Symbian Phone - All time Nokia's most Hit phone, even I bet you if Nokia, re-launch it with Candy bar shape I'm the first buyer with 1000's of others who wish to have 6630 but don't like it's shape.:)

What you think about W800i/W810i?

K

krazyfrog

Go to a shop and check out the joystick/D-pads of various phones that you are thinking about. See if you find them comfortable. You can also do the same if anyone of your friend has the phone you are thinking of. But i still think 6681 has the best D-pad (better than N70/N72, 6630). Try it.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Only drawbak n72 has is keypad odrwise it is much much bettr dan 6681/6630.
U can read my review here

OP
C

casual_gamer

In the zone
Hey Akshay, does N72 has joystick or d-pad? Is it comfortable for playing games? Does it play games compatible with older phones like 6600 and is it compatible with older s60 applications?
Also tell me the amount of RAM available in N72? you can see the available Ram after boot up on FExplorer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom