Need urgent buying advice on Andromedia, for around 20k. Plz help!!!

breathslayer

Broken In
Hello guys, ive been very confused off late and have spent countless hours trying to search for the best possible android smartphone worth my wallet.

I started my search with the Micromax canvas hd first, as my cousin has one and it offers good performance as per its standards and norms. and then came the Xolo play 1000 news which made me think again, with its impressive benchmarks! While i was searching more about the latter, i happened to read great reviews about the nexus 4 and the Sony Xperia ZR. And now, im completely clueless as to what should i do next. i started my budget with 15k, but i may even try shelling out more (around the 25k mark).

1. Budget- Around 20k, (can try to increase to 5k more for a super amazing device) Cap limit is 25k, that too, in the most absolute case.

2. Display type and size- HD minimum, 4.5-5"

3. Form Factor- Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand- Brand conscious, but would support the local ones if seem promising.

5. Preferred input method- Touchscreen (Would have loved a Qwerty, but that would just gobble down my other priorities)

6. Camera- Decent one (Im not a shutterbug). Would be glad to have a flash (xenon?) and autofocus. A front facing mandatory.

7. Preferred operating system- Android

8. Preferred connectivity options- 3G, WiFi Other perks are welcome.

9. Preferred applications- Assisted GPS necessary (I travel by road often and on my own. had a Garmis ASUS nuvifone M10 earlier. The best GPS device on a phone till date!!!) Other than that, social apps and the rest.

10. Primary use of handset- In order of pref- Internet, Mails, Gaming, Multimedia.

12. Any specific mobile phones in consideration- In order of pref- Xolo Play T1000, LG Nexus 4, Micromax Canvas 3, HTC One X and X+, Sony Xperia ZR.

13. Other Info- Ill be using the phone for surfing the net mostly, opening multiple pages at a time (in 3G) thereby, doing a lot of multitasking. Therefore, my MOST IMPORTANT criteria is an extremely good processor and GPU that doesnt hinder my performance. I chose Canvas 3 and Xolo Play here, as im willing to settle for them if they're performance is true to their word, esp. the Xolo, with its tegra 3 CPU (4+1 cores) and 12 core GPU, which ooks impressive on the paper till now. As for the phones over the 25k mark, if i do chose one, i would prefer them to not seem archaic till atleast an year from now, and handle my the apps well enough, without a glitch.

If you suggest me a canvas 3 or xolo play, do let me know it they're aftersales service have improved than before, if not at par with the premium brands. I stay in Navi Mumbai and would know if the vicinity boasts something about it.

The smartphone should have these features as a must-
1) Good processing and graphics
2) Smooth and fast web browsing (will be on 3g, mostly- and i understand that this feature is network dependent)
3) HD screen with crisp image quality (that's a minimum)
4) Battery life atleast for a day
5) Multitasking
6) Decent enough camera (not expecting 41mp or ultrapixel stuff, but value for money)
7) Social networking should be handled well (whatsapp and facebook may be used extensively)
8) No lags expected whatsoever (Dont know if i can demand this....)

I also intend to buy a small backup phone, just in case...Therefore, kindly also advice me on a low budget one for around 3-4k, that can take care of my social networking needs (whatsapp, facebook) and web browsing. I personally was thinking about the nokia asha series (asha 201, in particular).

Thanks for bearing with me. Earnestly looking forward to some honest and unbiased advise and opinions.

ashs1

Padawan
You could go for the Nexus4 or Xperia ZR..I'd suggest you to avoid Indian brands at this price range. Most of these companies offer average to bad After sale services. Its better to go for companies like Sony/samsung/lg/htc.

Nexus 4 is almost the default choice for most of the guys as its one of the best performing mobiles.But, i think ZR has better camera & build quality.
Since, you've mentioned that you're not a shutterbug, Nexus 4 should be perfect for you.

For your backup phone, Nokia asha 5012 is a good choice. WhatsApp is said to be available on the phone shortly. But it doesn't have 3G..Its about 2k more than your budget ( cost :Rs. 5000).

OP
B

breathslayer

Broken In
Sorry for the late response, guys. Been very busy held back with some issues requiring immediate attention.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I am myself inclined on the nexus 4 to a great extent, but just got punched in the face with my Ritz suspension squeaking, and need to divert my funds for now..... Dont know really when can I think about Nexus 4 :-(

Top Bottom