Need UPS

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi All,

As summers has kicked in, frequent power supply disruption has begun. The supply goes off for a minute until backup DG kicks in, which is enough for abrupt shut down.
My PC is only used for gaming, and the specs are in my signature. Please advise the best UPS for my pc, considering it should be able to take load without any issues for 10-15 minutes even if my system is drawing max. power. Budget is not a problem, and I have a single 24" 1080p TN monitor.

mitraark

Decrepit
Judging by your signature, your PC components are quite power hungry and will require a powerful UPS. I think this UPS might be a decent choice.

APC 900VA​

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Seems like this forum is not that popular anymore. :\
6 days and just one response.
Anyways, I bought this:

*www.flipkart.com/apc-back-ups-bx11...PSEHZE7UMK3GFZC&lid=LSTUPSEHZE7UMK3GFZCVLREZ1

Hope this solves the purpose. This is supposed to give 2-3 minutes of backup on ~600w load, and approx. 30 minutes on 100-150w load.
Will drop my quick review once I get it.

I power my PC (i5 12400 + 3070) as well as my 2K monitor with that APC BX1100. It gives about 5 mins of backup while gaming, not too long for sure. While not gaming, I got 20mins+ once.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I power my PC (i5 12400 + 3070) as well as my 2K monitor with that APC BX1100. It gives about 5 mins of backup while gaming, not too long for sure. While not gaming, I got 20mins+ once.

Good to know! :)
I only have two expectations from this ups:

1. This shouldn't cause pc shutdown while switching from main supply to battery, even during gaming.
2. Should be able to give atleast a minute of backup.

I am still not sure about first point. Did you ever face any problem such as this?

Good to know! :)
I only have two expectations from this ups:

1. This shouldn't cause pc shutdown while switching from main supply to battery, even during gaming.
2. Should be able to give atleast a minute of backup.

I am still not sure about first point. Did you ever face any problem such as this?
Not yet, have played games for a few mins on battery when power was cut. So switching happens without any issue. If it was not able to take the load, PC will trip & reset.

Your rig will take similar power to mine. If you have multiple monitors, don't power secondary ones.

Top Bottom