Krow

Crowman
Requirements:

Size: 13-13.9 inches
Sandy bridge
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 500GB OR SSD: Any size OR a bit of both
Dedicated Graphic card
Budget: under 40-50k (expandable only to add SSD)

The Sony Vaio S is ideal, but out of budget. Any cheaper alternatives?

Please let me know if any more information is needed.

I was considering these:

ASUS U36Jc review -- Engadget
Toshiba Portege R705 review -- Engadget

But I am not sure if laptops like these are available in India.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus U Series is very much available in India. I personally love Asus Slim and light laptops .. but they are a bit on expensive side. I had taken the Price List from Asus Branded Showroom. Will give you price in morning i will search it in my bag.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Hmmm, seems like all options are beyond my budget.

I found Dell Vostro 3350 to be pretty good, but it has only 2GB RAM with the Sandy Bridge model. :(

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
@Krow
Dell Vostro and Inspiron are crappy .. not so good looking either.

Sorry for delayed reply, Here is what I got from Asus Official Store in Delhi - Price List for this week:
in 13inch its too bad that not many options, that's what I was looking for. here are the prices

U36JC-RX098V is priced at Rs.56,699
1201T (12 inch)- 21,990, 1215T - 21,990, K52N-EX285 (15 inch) - 21,990
14 Inch:-
U43JC Bamboo - Rs.53,490
X42JR .. Core i7, 4GB, 640Gb, 1GB ATI Card, 14.1 inch but its a good deal - Rs.38490
A42F-VX130D .. i3, 2GB, .. Dos .. Rs.29990

So I have decided to buy an All-In-One .. but have to decide on which one may be Thinkcentre A70z and find out where I can buy it.

___ ADDING ___

@Krow

Its too bad that we dont have many options in 13.3" screens, 14-15 inch are just too bulky and heavy. I found a light weight MSI x340 that was retailing for 19k but it has Single Core Centrino 2. I know the processor is limited but the lappy was very portable. have a look if that serves ur purpose bcoz .. spending more than 45k is too much seriously.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
^Thanks a lot for that post. Yeah Ultraportables are to few to be honest. I'll check out more models before finalising. But for now, I guess I'll have to settle for a 14-incher.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
After a lot of research and reading and brainfreezing, I have finally decided to increase my budget a bit and go for the Sony Vaio S. Link: Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB16FG Laptop Price India: Buy Sony VAIO S Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com(Black)

I will try to bargain at shops in Lamington Road, Mumbai and see if I can get the price down a bit more.

By the way, for those looking at the freebies offered by Flipkart: the Sandisk Cruzer Blade pendrive is one of the not-so-good ones in the market. Don't consider it a useful freebie. Quite a few people are having problems with it when trying to burn OSes to it. Just a heads up. :)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Good .. :_

and thanks for the tip :) ... I have bought books from flipkart earlier, havent bought anything else from them, i dont know what is exactly cheaper other books.
secondly, I seriously wish there was just one site where i could order online and have peciece of mind having nice deal and not got ripped off. Now that i am not spending much time at my delhi home, so i dont go to nehru place for buying stuff. and it is so tricky not to be able to know the prices. isnt there a place where can we order. or may be one of the geek can just start on a portal to sell computers .. its not too big a deal Amazon is too far off to india any time soon.

i have to buy one computer next week or so... i just dont have time to go to delhi any time soon, and i dont know if i can just order online. except if its dell. do you know any? .. i am thinking about A70z Thinkcente .. hows it.

Top Bottom