ppl i want to remove windows messenger that comes with windows xp home edition

(legal)...........

i tried removing through windows components but still no use

pls guide me

regards

.M.

ice

In the zone
Get Xp-Antispy, its a 300kb software, U can uninstall windows messenger using that. :D

*www.xp-antispy.org/

prankzter

Journeyman
install service packs 1 and/or 2. Then goto add/remove programs in control panel ,click on the 'add/remove windows components' tab...from there the last option is windows messenger...u can uncheck that box 2 remove win messenger.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
no need to install anything ...

*www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=487

*www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=2089

Naga

Broken In
prankzter said:
install service packs 1 and/or 2. Then goto add/remove programs in control panel ,click on the 'add/remove windows components' tab...from there the last option is windows messenger...u can uncheck that box 2 remove win messenger.
That will only remove MSN Messenger from the start menu but it'll remain in ur system and pop up when u least expect it. The entry for Messenger is hidden in the Add/Remove tab. To view it u have to go to <Windows\Inf\Syscoc.inf.>. There, look for this line =msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide ,7. Delete the hide keeping the commas. Now u can uninstall it from Add/Remove. But if u use SP1, it will come back if u use outlook or if some other program asks for messenger (like IE, Msn, etc.). A better option is to go to "Set Program Access Defaults" and select Custom and there disable access to MSN Messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom