Need to purchase a Laptop between Rs50-60k

1) What is your budget?
Rs 50-60k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? India
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Sony, Asus
b. Dislike:HP

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
College projects, Matlab, Moderate gaming

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Mostly FPS and RTS games like Crysis, COD, Skyrim

8) How many hours of battery life do you need? 2-3 hours

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Both the options will do for me as long as I get a good deal.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Windows 7

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? No preference

Also, I will be moving to US for pursuing masters in July. So, please suggest laptops which provide international warranty with it.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Just check out Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D.
And you can purchase a Windows 7 from market so with it,it will cost you around 55k

Is this the one you are talking about : K53SV-SX521D / Core i7 / 8 GB / 750 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Does it have a backlit keyboard? How is the post sales service for ASUS?

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes I m talking about this only.
No it doesn't have a backlit keyboard.
Asus provide onsite warranty and the service is good

sarthak

In the zone
Check out HP dv6 6165tx. It has very good graphics and will run all your games smoothly, and HP also gives international warranty.
But if you don't need it badly right now buy the lappy in US. You can get much better laptop for your budget there.

Top Bottom