Need to buy me my first bike! Need quick views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you are going for Gixxer make sure you have good service center in your vicinity. My friend has a Gixxer and I have a Access. The service center where bought our vehicles have crappy service but not as bad as others.
Thanks for the advice. I live in metro city. I have service centers in vicinity. But I will make sure to see the quality of the same.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, I finally bit the bullet and got myself a Suzuki Gixxer. The Rear disc model. Following color:
*i.imgur.com/RF6TQyl.jpg

Cost me Rs. 91501. Rs 5k is the cash back I will get from PayTM. So the final price I would have been paid is Rs 86,501.

Following is the bike in my home (night quality pic so bad. But I wont be able to drive it until weekend and I will only get a chance to get a clean good pic then only. So better pic later):

*i.imgur.com/eOAxOfb.jpg

Thanks for all the people who helped me decide my first bike. Learned a lot! :D

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
So, I finally bit the bullet and got myself a Suzuki Gixxer. The Rear disc model. Following color:
*i.imgur.com/RF6TQyl.jpg

Cost me Rs. 91501. Rs 5k is the cash back I will get from PayTM. So the final price I would have been paid is Rs 86,501.

Following is the bike in my home (night quality pic so bad. But I wont be able to drive it until weekend and I will only get a chance to get a clean good pic then only. So better pic later):

*i.imgur.com/eOAxOfb.jpg

Congrats dear. Party to banti hai.
You paid for that bike from paytm wallet? Can't see the pic, change the imagehosting website.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congrats dear. Party to banti hai.
You paid for that bike from paytm wallet? Can't see the pic, change the imagehosting website.
Yes, I paid Rs 80121 from CC (via PayTM) and rest from debit card.

Attaching image.

Attachments

• eOAxOfb.jpg
    eOAxOfb.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 217

Hrishi

So, I finally bit the bullet and got myself a Suzuki Gixxer. The Rear drum model. Following color:
*i.imgur.com/RF6TQyl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/eOAxOfb.jpg

You RIDE a bike, not drive. Congratulations again, btw.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Ronnie012

Earthling
So, I finally bit the bullet and got myself a Suzuki Gixxer. The Rear drum model. Following color:
*i.imgur.com/RF6TQyl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/eOAxOfb.jpg

Congrats on your purchase. :)

I guess now you can use that paytm cashback to throw us a party : just kidding.

Enjoy the bike but drive carefully at first. Drive it in open fields before tak8ng it out to the road.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks man. Open fields here are hard to find, so I guess I will be finding roads that are less crowded or go out in nights.

Btw, I did a correction in my post. I bought the rear disc version, not the rear drum.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
*i.imgur.com/RF6TQyl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/eOAxOfb.jpg

Congrats!!! Ride safe. Buy a good quality helmet and always wear it while riding. If possible, post a brief review of the bike. Have fun.

thatsashok

peace panda
@Vyom congrats for the purchase. Now go buy a helmet (full face). Plan the additional gear in coming months.

Follow the manual for proper break in procedure for engine / tyre. I recommend do it in ghats (use that round tyre)

ezio16

Journeyman
Just wondering that even bikes are bought from PayTM nowadays. :wow:
For my first bike, I had to visit all available show rooms in my town and test drive every model I thought of. Then select the one my friend told that it looked good for me.
And my first bike was Yamaha SZ RR V2.0 which was in your initial considerations.

Anyway Congrats on your new bike @Vyom !

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vyom congrats for the purchase. Now go buy a helmet (full face). Plan the additional gear in coming months.

Follow the manual for proper break in procedure for engine / tyre. I recommend do it in ghats (use that round tyre)
I have a full face helmet already. But I do intend to buy a new and quality one. I didn't accept the cheap Rs 700 helmet (brand MTR) which in turn was deducted from the amount I paid for bike. Also I will get gloves, jacket and boots. I intend to ride in full biker fashion. :D
As for the manual, I forgot to take it from dealer. I will get it this weekend along with other documents like RC, Insurance, Number plate etc.

How do I practice in ghats? (From google: a flight of steps leading down to a river). :confused:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just wondering that even bikes are bought from PayTM nowadays. :wow:
For my first bike, I had to visit all available show rooms in my town and test drive every model I thought of. Then select the one my friend told that it looked good for me.
And my first bike was Yamaha SZ RR V2.0 which was in your initial considerations.

Anyway Congrats on your new bike @Vyom !
Yes, bikes are available to be bought from PayTM. Here is the PayTM listing: Here is the PayTM listing for the bike I bought: Book Suzuki Gixxer (Disc) Pearl Mira Red/Glass Sparkle Black (2017 Edition) (Ex-Showroom Price) online at best price in India |Paytm Mall
So in theory I could have bought the bike online and it would have been delivered in few weeks. But I paid at the dealer's shop and the took the bike in person. Digital India. :D

Yamaha SZ RR V2.0 was indeed a good bike. Only height was the concern. Belated congo on your bike. ;)

thatsashok

peace panda
I have a full face helmet already. But I do intend to buy a new and quality one. I didn't accept the cheap Rs 700 helmet (brand MTR) which in turn was deducted from the amount I paid for bike. Also I will get gloves, jacket and boots. I intend to ride in full biker fashion. :D
As for the manual, I forgot to take it from dealer. I will get it this weekend along with other documents like RC, Insurance, Number plate etc.

How do I practice in ghats? (From google: a flight of steps leading down to a river). :confused:

1. Get atleast ISI certified helmet. I suggest you go for MT helmet as they sell high quality low price helmets. Check out Spartan ProGear Co. - Home for the range and local reseller address. Vega / Steelbird / Axxor / SMK are good too.

2. Jackets and boots are not fashion they are safety.

3. You proved yourself as a dumbwit yet again. Ghats have twisty roads causing you to go the entire gearbox usage (all gears ) and break in engine rpm range.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
1. Get atleast ISI certified helmet. I suggest you go for MT helmet as they sell high quality low price helmets. Check out Spartan ProGear Co. - Home for the range and local reseller address. Vega / Steelbird / Axxor / SMK are good too.

2. Jackets and boots are not fashion they are safety.

3. You proved yourself as a dumbwit yet again. Ghats have twisty roads causing you to go the entire gearbox usage (all gears ) and break in engine rpm range.

Completely unnecessary

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn, the bike is powerful. And the pics are here: (heavy album):

Suzuki Gixxer -Vyom Suzuki Gixxer -Vyom

Sample:

*i.imgur.com/8H1CLNO.jpg

It's too sexy! :wub:

Reactions: nac
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Cool pics. Just a question - Are you able to place both your feet on the ground while riding it?
Not flat. Just a inch short on either side. My toe reaches though, one side at once, which is enough to control the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom