Need to buy a tablet for reading lots of pdf and little multimedia for 10-15k

ravi847

Journeyman
My friend currently has a Samsung i5 laptop with matte screen and he finds it kind of hard on his eyes to read text for long hours.
He is thinking of buying a tab which has a good display so that he can read stuff without much strain on his eyes and also for some web browsing and watching videos.
Please don't suggest kindle.
The primary requirement is good display which is easy on the eyes with some multimedia.
The budget is around 10-15K. Please don't exceed.

$hadow

Geek in making
Basically he wants something like a Ebook.Check out kindle.
Or Nexus 7 can be a good option.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
i also need that type android 3g good screen mainy for reading and some games under 6-7 k if anyone knows

OP
ravi847

ravi847

Journeyman
Basically he wants something like a Ebook.Check out kindle.
Or Nexus 7 can be a good option.
Are you suggesting the nexus 7 with 1080p display?? But that one is costly.
Please mention the model of nexus 7
Also android is not a priority i can get a non android tablet for a good screen and some multimedia features.

$hadow

Geek in making
Also android is not a priority i can get a non android tablet for a good screen and some multimedia features.

Umm I said check out Kindle. And I am suggesting you 1st Gen n7.

ashs1

Padawan

*www.flipkart.com/google-nexus-7-20...us+7&ref=bfaec6b9-9eac-40aa-a2ef-7b8a0d068416
or

*www.flipkart.com/asus-fonepad-tabl...TABDMHMQE3HG7KEC&icmpid=reco_pp_same_tablet_4

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if you want a tablet purely for reading a kindle trumps all.. 30 freaking days of battery life, e ink display.. it feels exactly like a book in hand

OP
ravi847

ravi847

Journeyman
*www.flipkart.com/google-nexus-7-20...us+7&ref=bfaec6b9-9eac-40aa-a2ef-7b8a0d068416
or

*www.flipkart.com/asus-fonepad-tabl...TABDMHMQE3HG7KEC&icmpid=reco_pp_same_tablet_4
Thanx will tell my friend to choose one of these

ipad mini (non retina) - 17k or nexus 7(2012-10k)
Can't go with ipad as its out of budget but Thanx for nexus

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanx will tell my friend to choose one of these

Can't go with ipad as its out of budget but Thanx for nexus

ohh then a nexus 7 is better for a smaller budget
though an ipad or nexus is worth much more than any other tablet in that range

- - - Updated - - -

if you want a tablet purely for reading a kindle trumps all.. 30 freaking days of battery life, e ink display.. it feels exactly like a book in hand

but u cant web browse or watch videos etc on an e-ink display
plus op already mentioned dont suggest kindle

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My friend currently has a Samsung i5 laptop with matte screen and he finds it kind of hard on his eyes to read text for long hours.
He is thinking of buying a tab which has a good display so that he can read stuff without much strain on his eyes and also for some web browsing and watching videos.
Please don't suggest kindle.
The primary requirement is good display which is easy on the eyes with some multimedia.
The budget is around 10-15K. Please don't exceed.

Then the Nexus 7 is a good choice IMO,
also take a look at the Kindle Fire HD.. (Rs 11k)
its more of a reading tablet than the Nexus

OP
ravi847

ravi847

Journeyman
Then the Nexus 7 is a good choice IMO,
also take a look at the Kindle Fire HD.. (Rs 11k)
its more of a reading tablet than the Nexus
Thanx kindle fire seems good, has an IPS screen so should be good for watching videos too right??

Also was checking out the Asus fonepad on flipkart and one of the users said it had a great screen so can anyone comment on that?
i am talking about this one.

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah asus fonepad has hd screen equating to over 220 ppi, so it should be easy on eyes. i would go with fonepad as it is always great having a calling option in a tab

Top Bottom