Need to buy a laptop

virus000

Broken In
Hello folks,
I was planning to buy a laptop under 40 or 45K which had configurations like 17" inch screen,500-1TB of HDD,4gb Ram,2 gb of graphics memory either shared or alone,HD webcam.I couldnt find many laptops but i saw a refurbished laptop that is
HP PAVILION G7-1150US 4GB DDR3 640GB SATA HDMI 17.3 but had Intel HD graphics of almost 2gb graphics memory for just 36K.Its refurbished laptop shipped from USA.So is it worth buying it?Is Intel graphics good enough for latest and upcoming games to be supported at decent settings?I am not a hardcore gamer but play games sometimes and portability is not an issue for me..
I need the laptop for programming,graphics design and 3d modelling and other stuffs and sometimes games and movies.
I look for a bigger screen since movies and games are best on big screen.But a friend of mine suggested that i invest in a smaller screen laptop with best configurations and buy a big monitor from the extra money and connect that to my laptop for movies and games.But i'm afraid it could be a heavy load on the laptop or the processor by connecting a monitor to it.Will it cause damage to my laptop or hamper its endurance?
Need suggestions please :).Thanks.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
17 inchers are rarely available in India- there only ones being a 2nd gen core i7 model from Asus for around 53k and of course the Inspiron 17R for 65k odd. They are very cheap in the US, you can get a decent configuration for 40-45k. Try buying a small laptop and hook up a big screen monitor. Should not be a problem

pratyush997

Inactive
17" inch screen
under 45k .. you won't find any
HP PAVILION G7-1150US 4GB DDR3 640GB SATA HDMI 17.3 but had Intel HD graphics of almost 2gb graphics memory for just 36K.
Intel HD for 17" on 900p and i3 1st Gen.. Never buy it
Intel graphics good enough for latest and upcoming games to be supported at decent settings
Nope
I need the laptop for programming,graphics design and 3d modelling and other stuffs and sometimes games and movies.
Get one with better Cpu and Gpu
How about getting a RiG ??will perform better than any lappy in this budget!

Last edited:
OP
V

virus000

Broken In
under 45k .. you won't find any

Intel HD for 17" on 900p and i3 1st Gen.. LOL Never buy it

Nope

Get one with better Cpu and Gpu

Lol,thanks for the heads up.I kind of thought too that Intel with whatever they boast would never make good enough for the latest games of today.They claimed to have 2gb and more graphics memory but thanks bro,I wont buy now knowing that Intel graphics arent good for games.

Well,i am not much of a hardcore gamer.I just play games ocassionally but yeah suggest me if you know any within a budget of 40 K.

17 inchers are rarely available in India- there only ones being a 2nd gen core i7 model from Asus for around 53k and of course the Inspiron 17R for 65k odd. They are very cheap in the US, you can get a decent configuration for 40-45k. Try buying a small laptop and hook up a big screen monitor. Should not be a problem

Top Bottom