Need to buy a Desktop PC for Gaming/ Programming

dashang

Journeyman
Please let me the product model for my configuration.

. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Programming Application , might use Virtual Machine even simultaneously and playing games like Crysis 2, assassin creed latest etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:35000-40000 (max)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I am looking for Core i5 /i7 , if processor is unlocked then its more better .

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: it would be for win8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Have a 22 or 24 inch LED monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: none

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2-3 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai. Open to buying online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Will need 8GB RAM High frequency and latest DDR3 or DDR4.

12. Include keyboard , mouse and Good speakers 2.0 and webcam

Doubts:
1) What is use of Dual HDD ?
I mean 1st using SSD and 2nd normal HDD

2) Is AMD processor better now over intel ?
I had Laptop with AMD anthlon which gave lot of heat. Please specify which processor to use . Preferred INTEL but suggestions are accepted for AMD also

- - - Updated - - -

Config in Short:

-Processor: Core i5/i7 (please specify model) (recommend high Ghz model)
-RAM: 8GB
-Graphics: 2GB and more (if under budget/if needed)
-Keyboard , mouse,speaker 2.0, 22inch - 27inch LED monitor
-HDD: 1TB
-SSD: (please specify why needed in case dual HDD)
cabinet
-DVD Combo Drive
-Webcam

Please specify processor Intel or AMD (does amd gives out more heat )

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Have a 22 or 24 inch LED monitor

Do you have a monitor or do you want one?

Doubts:
1) What is use of Dual HDD ?
I mean 1st using SSD and 2nd normal HDD

2) Is AMD processor better now over intel ?
I had Laptop with AMD anthlon which gave lot of heat. Please specify which processor to use . Preferred INTEL but suggestions are accepted for AMD also

- - - Updated - - -

Config in Short:

-Processor: Core i5/i7 (please specify model) (recommend high Ghz model)
-RAM: 8GB
-Graphics: 2GB and more (if under budget/if needed)
-Keyboard , mouse,speaker 2.0, 22inch - 27inch LED monitor
-HDD: 1TB
-SSD: (please specify why needed in case dual HDD)
cabinet
-DVD Combo Drive
-Webcam

Please specify processor Intel or AMD (does amd gives out more heat )

> Use of dual HDD - to store more data.

> Use of SSD + HDD - to install OS on SSD and store user data on HDD. SSD being much faster eliminates the delays in various OS' tasks.

> There is no such thing as 'AMD is better' or 'Intel is better than AMD'. I suggest you read this thread- *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q1.html

> "recommend high Ghz model" and "Graphics: 2GB and more (if under budget/if needed)" - Again, go through the above mentioned thread.

In case you do have to buy a monitor, you can get the forum's 40k rig -

Budget - 40k

ProcessorAMD FX63007,350
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-970A-DS3P5,800
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,700
Graphics CardSapphire R7 250X 1 GB DDR57,900
Power SupplyAntec VP5003,100
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD3,300
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,800
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
MouseIncluded in combo0
Total41,600

Add another 4 GB RAM if you feel the need.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
for cabinet,you may look at corsair spec series like spec 01,02 and 03. a monitor is already included in the suggested config.

for cabinet,you may look at corsair spec series like spec 01,02 and 03. a monitor is already included in the suggested config.

Hey!Mate am looking for finalising a Cabinet too!
Pls. Lemme know which one amongst Spec02 and Spec 03 and difference between the one with 2 Orange Led fans and other one with 3 Red Led fans in Spec 03 and best buy price of the same?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hey!Mate am looking for finalising a Cabinet too!
Pls. Lemme know which one amongst Spec02 and Spec 03 and difference between the one with 2 Orange Led fans and other one with 3 Red Led fans in Spec 03 and best buy price of the same?
they are more or less the same. the only difference is the number of fans(one higher in spec 03). if you already have the case fans, you can skip spec 03. if the price is higher for just 1 more fan, you can skip it. if the price difference is very close, you can consider spec 03. also have look at antec gx700 and gx900. and if you can go near 5k there is nzxt phantom h240.

they are more or less the same. the only difference is the number of fans(one higher in spec 03). if you already have the case fans, you can skip spec 03. if the price is higher for just 1 more fan, you can skip it. if the price difference is very close, you can consider spec 03. also have look at antec gx700 and gx900. and if you can go near 5k there is nzxt phantom h240.

No,mate what i actually meant is Spec 03 has two variants one with 2 Orange Led fans priced @4k on primeabgb and another with 3 Red Led fans priced @4.5k on itwares.com,so why does it have two variants when price of Spec 02 Red led case is 3800 with same specs as that of spec 03 orange led case?
Really confused Pls. Clarify asap!

No,mate what i actually meant is Spec 03 has two variants one with 2 Orange Led fans priced @4k on primeabgb and another with 3 Red Led fans priced @4.5k on itwares.com,so why does it have two variants when price of Spec 02 Red led case is 3800 with same specs as that of spec 03 orange led case?
Really confused Pls. Clarify asap!

They are the same. Prices vary from seller to seller.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Really confused ��Pls. Clarify asap!

See, since those 2 are exactly the same, you can choose whatever you like depending on the money you have. If you are going to spend 4.5k+, nzxt h240 was available for around 4.8k.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
does OP needs a betger clocked processor? If yes then i'd suggest togo with M5A97 R2.0 EVO and overclock that FX6300. Else everything is good. Also get HyperXFury if you get m5a97 r2.0 evo

20150120_224912.jpg

Finally bought this rig today for prices and specifications attached:
Time to update the prices for following configurations in budget segment :-
Intel Core i3-4150 @7100
GA-H81M-S2PH(rev2.0) @4100
GA-B85M-D3H (rev2.0) @5100
Corsair Vengeance (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 ram @2750
WD BLUE (WD10EZEX) 1tb 7200 Rpm @3400
Dell S2240L 21.5 inch monitor @8350
Antec VP450P SMPS @ 2300
Cooler Master elite 311 cabinet @2150
Asus DRW 24D3ST DVD writer @ 1050
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @700
Prices inclusive of VAT5%
In addition to the above got following free accessories :-
Headphone with mic,Spike Guard,Card Reader,Mouse pad,Dust cover:p:razz:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
WD Blue, VP450p and B85M D3H sure are priced very good. Specially WD Blue.
Btw you asked for cabinets like SPEC 02/03 and bought a 311? :/

anyways, good purchase. But is this a thread hijack? Because you aren't the OP :p also upload pics on imgur/puush and link back here, TDF attachments stopped working a long time ago

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=138794]conman_revolution[/MENTION] , those prices are great indeed. congrats on the purchase.

Top Bottom