Need to buy 1 ton AC, max budget 25k

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Hi guys, I need to buy an AC for my home office. It's a small room so 1 ton AC will do. Max budget is 25k. Please suggest options. Thanks.

$hadow

Geek in making
Is there any major difference in power consumption between 4 star and 5 star AC's? Carrier 4 star is 26k while LG 5 star is 27k.

It depends on how long you are planning to use it. For long runs like 13 or 14 hrs+ a day it will matter but not much if you are going to use it like 8 to 10 hours a day. This is as per my personal experience and try to avoid LG.

OP
B

bikramjitkar

In the zone
It depends on how long you are planning to use it. For long runs like 13 or 14 hrs+ a day it will matter but not much if you are going to use it like 8 to 10 hours a day. This is as per my personal experience and try to avoid LG.

Thanks, I won't be using this for long stretches of time everyday, maybe 6-8 hours a day in total. Ordered Carrier 1 ton 4 star AC from Flipkart for 25.8k. Much more expensive in local shops.

OP
B

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Ok, so I purchased the AC from Flipkart and it got delivered last Monday. Everything went downhill from there. The installation guy came after a couple of days, opened a flap on the side of the box and said that the copper pipe's missing. Called Flipkart and they said that they would get the issue solved within 48 hours. After a couple of days they again called up and said that I should ask the installation guy to bring the copper pipe, pay for it myself and send the bill to Flipkart to get it reimbursed. Next day the installation guy tells me that the service center head of Carrier is not agreeing to this and says that the unit should be returned to the dealer! I try to contact this guy but each time someone says that he's busy and gives another number that's also unreachable! Then, on Monday, I get a call from Flipkart and this customer care girl says that I should purchase the copper pipe myself! This really blew my lid- how and where the hell am I supposed to go buy this damn pipe! I shouted at her and told her to fix this or refund my money! Then she calls up after a few minutes and says that she spoke to some area manager of Carrier and he will contact me within 48 hours. No response for 2 days. Called Flipkart again today and now they tell me that "the service request is cancelled and they will need to raise another service request" which will be fulfilled in , you guessed it, 48 hours! At this point I've had enough and told him to just refund my money and take back this stupid ac. Let's hope that doesn't take an indefinite period of time again!

TLDR: Never gonna make any big purchases from Flipkart again. Better to spend some extra money than die of high blood pressure! And Carrier can go to hell too!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Never buy an AC online mostly every company won't honour the warranty. Air conditioner business is very cunning one be careful. Don't ever buy a Carrier their quality has gone to the dogs, they no longer use quality parts but cheap Chinese compressors and boards. All of the machines are cheap Midea basically they no longer use a Copeland or Tecumseh or Goodman compressors.

At the moment your best option is to stick to a Daikin, Hitachi or Volta's. I wouldn't ask you to buy a Sharp cause it will overshoot your budget.

ajayritik

Technomancer
If you are from city I think it would have been better if you had bought from local store.
When you buy they will give you free installation.
If we shift to another place then we may have to buy the copper pipe which is little expensive.

Top Bottom