Need Tablet for Regular usage Under 20K!!!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@shreeux : I doubt the quality of these android tablets and no idea of how long they will last. I have used the Amazon Fire HD tablet twice and it didn't last long.

If you can check some good review on longevity of these android tablets please do so.

I would suggest to invest your money in Apple tablets. I have been using Apple ipad pro (2017) and its still going strong in 2023.

As of now, more are suggested...Xiaomi Pad 6
Next, any second best ones?
Xiaomi Pad 5

But the price difference is too small, so get Pad 6 instead. Andoird tablets were bad for long, I used to recommend iPad around 30k. It changed with Mi Pad 5 last year. Mi Pad 6 is a good successor.

If you are fine with the limitations of Apple, iPad is definitely a contender but is even more expensive.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
For Xiaomi Pad 6
Which site is preferable? MI or Amazon

(In India, there is no additional protection warranty.)

OrrBitt

Broken In
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 for 15K in 2020. I didn't want to buy anything Chinese so I got the Samsung tab. I thought it was a good enough choice for my usage, which is mainly reading books, and it serves that purpose well, but when you buy something thinking about a specific purpose for it, you will still use it for other purposes.

Now my Tab A 10.1 2019 is good for reading books, but the RAM is just 2 GBs, so when I open the browser and open four or five tabs, each time I switch tabs, the tabs reload. If I have logged into a site and I minimize the browser and then open it again, the tab reloads and I have to re-login on that site. The processor is also pretty slow, it plays x264 videos just fine, but 10bit x265 vids stutter.

I don't know if it's available at present, but even if it is, whatever you do, don't buy this one. Buy one with 4 GB RAM, or more.

The Xiaomi Pad 6 suggested above seems awesome - SD870 processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB storage - at 29K.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 for 15K in 2020. I didn't want to buy anything Chinese so I got the Samsung tab. I thought it was a good enough choice for my usage, which is mainly reading books, and it serves that purpose well, but when you buy something thinking about a specific purpose for it, you will still use it for other purposes.

Now my Tab A 10.1 2019 is good for reading books, but the RAM is just 2 GBs, so when I open the browser and open four or five tabs, each time I switch tabs, the tabs reload. If I have logged into a site and I minimize the browser and then open it again, the tab reloads and I have to re-login on that site. The processor is also pretty slow, it plays x264 videos just fine, but 10bit x265 vids stutter.

I don't know if it's available at present, but even if it is, whatever you do, don't buy this one. Buy one with 4 GB RAM, or more.

The Xiaomi Pad 6 suggested above seems awesome - SD870 processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB storage - at 29K.

Thanks for review. Let's wait Other members will suggest any alternative from Samsung

Thanks for review. Let's wait Other members will suggest any alternative from Samsung
I doubt anyone will. The only Samsung option at that price is inferior to Mi Pad 5, forget Pad 6. Read GSMArena's review of Pad 6.

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11524&idPhone2=11042&idPhone3=12237

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Amazon IMO
Amazon has a protection plan...MI.COM don't have this...which protection plan is good

Mi.com...tomorrow onwards Independence Day with unbeatable offers...No Protection Plan:sad:

imgur.com/fO4accG.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 58
OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Still, price has not changed...this offer for 2023 or 2024?

Attachments

• 364663550_680419887462643_9183139317269208198_n.jpg
    364663550_680419887462643_9183139317269208198_n.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 60

lutenic

Broken In
There is nothing under 30K which can be recommended for prolonged use.

Even after over a decade of existence Android tablets are nowhere near iPads. The Al-Cheapos between 15-20K price range barely works are e-book readers for which you can directly buy a Kindle.

2 of close cousins had bought the much expensive Galaxy tabs which performs way worse than the iPads of other cousins.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
There is nothing under 30K which can be recommended for prolonged use.

Even after over a decade of existence Android tablets are nowhere near iPads. The Al-Cheapos between 15-20K price range barely works are e-book readers for which you can directly buy a Kindle.

2 of close cousins had bought the much expensive Galaxy tabs which performs way worse than the iPads of other cousins.
Which galaxy tabs are performing worst than iPads?

Top Bottom