need suggestions on mobile purchase ( newbie in cells) !

Which one should be opted for? (pls post details also)

• Nokia 5700

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • SE w810i

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Moto E6

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
~It_is_Andrew~ said:
1)could anyone provide any 'how to' to install java utility apps on w810i
You simply drag and drop the java App/Game in the Others folder in Phone or memory card and then open it from within phone to install.

~It_is_Andrew~ said:
2)Is w810i is a good enough phone for web bowsing (mainly email checking & little chatting & googling)?
That should be fine. But if you wanna surf wid more real estate you may wanna check out other models with bigger screens.

~It_is_Andrew~ said:
3) Some say it support only upto @GB memory , some say it does up to 4GB , some say it does up to 4GB but most of the time freezes when 4GB is inserted. whats true?
The phone supports Memory stick pro duo cards upto 4GB without any problems. 8GB support is not confirmed.

~It_is_Andrew~ said:
4) How is the SE support? (in kolkata?)
SE provide decent support here in Bangalore. Someone from Kolkata may answer this specific Q.

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
thanx for the reply :) ....

anyone may know about the support & shop thing?

Is there any java app for w810i which supports password protecting the inbox? (i tried searching but none yet)

I have almost decided on w810i :)) )though its an old model ( :( ) & not sure aboput the password soln :)( )

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ No problems regarding that. It was there in older firmware. The newer ones don't haf this problem. Don't worry :)

Plus once you get your hands on W810i you can jus hack into it to do wonderful things :)

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
ok finally i got the time to visit a few shops....

Almost all of them tried to convince me that SE phones are no good as they are not user friendly , hangs & terrible battery.....
one guy argued a lot in favour of nokia 5310 ( so what do you guys say?)

The price thread in here says that w810i are prices at 9.3 k but the two shops in kolkata including nikkys quoted 10.5k for it.
themobilestore selling it for ~9.8k but without the MPS 60 speaker.

so what should i do? Is not getting MPS 60 to save few bucks is good?
Are the prices ok or should i look for a better deal?

If anyone is from kolkata & knows any good shops please recommend so....

Thanks for keeping replying guys... waiting eagerly for some more inputs..... :)

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
ummm thanx for the reply paradisevikas

sorry for prolonging this thread .......but anyone to with any inputs for my last worries? please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom