Need suggestions for 55” LED TV

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
55” as for display type, shud have good viewing angles and good blacks.

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Dining room and regular entertainment.

4. Types and number of ports required?
HDMI and other basic things…

5. Preferred choice of brand?
LG highly prefrered, may consider sony if and only if required.

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Buy LG 55UM7290PTD 4K Smart UHD TV Online at Best Price in India | LG India

7. Any other info that you want to share
my main motive is something that will sustain me 7-8 years. It should have good color reproduction. I am preferring lg because my previous lg tv lasted 10 yrs. it should not have low brightness.

also i will be buying it after 15th june so suggest any new launches also.

i prefer offline purchase.

Thanks in advance :)

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Realme will reveal 4k TV's on 31st. Have a look at them.
Redmi x55 is also available in this budget. X65 is 58k if you have the space for it.

For sony, Lg, philips and samsung the good panels are a tad bit on the higher side.
Heres a samsung 50inch within your budget the sony was going over 60k.

*www.croma.com/samsung-series-7-125..._lrmPKFQZFQRo0-H2v9eF85Wa0ybDu3EaAhTXEALw_wcB

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Realme will reveal 4k TV's on 31st. Have a look at them.
Redmi x55 is also available in this budget. X65 is 58k if you have the space for it.

For sony, Lg, philips and samsung the good panels are a tad bit on the higher side.
Heres a samsung 50inch within your budget the sony was going over 60k.

*www.croma.com/samsung-series-7-125..._lrmPKFQZFQRo0-H2v9eF85Wa0ybDu3EaAhTXEALw_wcB

anything from lg? You can suggest something a bit over 55-60k, till 65k also, i will adjust it with distributer as he is a known of me.

only con for samsung is that its service is not good where i will be using this tv.

i had have realme and redmi experience, i wud prefer to stick to big names instead.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Sony bravia 4k has a 49 inch at 62k and a 55 inch at 68k.
LG's next lineup ith nanocell tech starts at 80k.

Check whichever give best service for you locally and go with that.
Digit youtube channel has some great reviews you can check those.

The model you chose is good and is cheaper on amazon than lg website.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07TKC14R5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_V9371VBJTCC2VA4QC1T8

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
The model you chose is good and is cheaper on amazon than lg website.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07TKC14R5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_V9371VBJTCC2VA4QC1T8

Any idea about boot time of webOS? Also, how much time will it take before slowing down? Is it laggy like android tv or better?

Any idea about boot time of webOS? Also, how much time will it take before slowing down? Is it laggy like android tv or better?
WebOS & Tizen are faster than android TV but not as many apps as android, not sure about sideloading. Among WebOS & Tizen, many prefer webOS & both are regularly updated.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
WebOS & Tizen are faster than android TV but not as many apps as android, not sure about sideloading. Among WebOS & Tizen, many prefer webOS & both are regularly updated.

Got it. I have shortlisted this lg model then.

I am still on lookout, if something better is found then pls tell.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Sony is having a sale on their website. There are offers for soundbars too. See if you can grab a better deal or not.

*www.reliancedigital.in/sony-bravia...H-abI78FKXbeG4eyeztLXWw76UGc3kdUaAsnyEALw_wcB

*shopatsc.com/products/sony-bravia-...rH0AY9Zq8K8YKAup4kW--rpK02wiqNDcaAqujEALw_wcB

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
If you are getting a FALD TV from LG in your budget then only buy it otherwise buying an ELED IPS panel will not suffice for deep blacks.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.androidauthority.com/oled-vs-lcd-vs-fald-1209257/

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/lg-nanocell-139...d?pid=TVSFHBVZG5663JTD&cmpid=product.share.pp
I think this is the cheapest 55 inch with full array dimming. Smaller sizes may be cheaper.
This is priced 115k on lg website.

Last edited:
OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/lg-nanocell-139...d?pid=TVSFHBVZG5663JTD&cmpid=product.share.pp
I think this is the cheapest 55 inch with full array dimming. Smaller sizes may be cheaper.

I will enquire about this and check how much discount i am getting, if it comes under 70K, I may get it. Otherwise I will get the other model,

(*www.amazon.in/dp/B07TKC14R5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_V9371VBJTCC2VA4QC1T8)

I have also shortlisted this Sony model,

*www.reliancedigital.in/sony-bravia...H-abI78FKXbeG4eyeztLXWw76UGc3kdUaAsnyEALw_wcB

And will enquire about its availability here..

You can get LG BX OLED on sale for 1.2L at times. Have seen older B9 for as low as 1.1L in some cities last year.

Got it. I have shortlisted this lg model then.

I am still on lookout, if something better is found then pls tell.
Chinese companies have better TV at 50k, like that Xiaomi one with QLED panel. But above 50k, I'll prefer LG or Samsung as well over Chinese. For 40k, Chinese TVs are a good value with extended warranty in a big city.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Chinese companies have better TV at 50k, like that Xiaomi one with QLED panel. But above 50k, I'll prefer LG or Samsung as well over Chinese. For 40k, Chinese TVs are a good value with extended warranty in a big city

I had actually considered Xiaomi, And there are 2-3 service centres, but only reason I am not going with it is that I need something to last 6-8 years, and also, my friend bought a Xiaomi tv, it did last him 4 years.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Toshiba is japanese you can look at it. I did not see much fanfare though.
They have local dimming tvs at 50k for 55 inches and 70k for 65 inches.

They are going to launch a 65 inch tv soon that is supposed have bettered the fald tech further. That one though should be near 100k.

Only go for it if it is being made in japan. If they are made in China then chuck it.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

They are going to launch a 65 inch tv soon that is supposed have bettered the fald tech further. That one though should be near 100k.

Only go for it if it is being made in japan. If they are made in China then chuck it.

Any idea which panels do they use? Overall toshiba does offer quality as i have used it. I would take a look at it.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Haven't found whether toshiba TVs are made in japan or not but they are using there own os vidaa and it is slower then lg web os. So you should pick between sony and lg only.

Maybe, they licensed their name to someone who manufactures the TV in China, like Nokia TVs.

Top Bottom