Need suggestions for 43" 4k UHD Smart TV at ~₹30k

Sadly there are no good tech reviewers. I do watch VM, but to just get a general idea.

Rtings.com is the best for TV reviews IMO, sadly don't have budget TV reviews.

36 zones is not good IMO, 72 is still manageable but still not good. HDR400 is not good, beyond HDR600 + good number of zones will give a good experience, mostly on a VA panel. Hardware Unboxed has a checklist for HDR, and none of the budget TVs get close to meeting it for a good HDR experience, Hisense U6G gets close though. OLEDs are the best for HDR.
Capture.PNG

Okay.

About brightness,
Luminance measurements should be taken on center and all four corner. Total 5 measurements.

In 1st video, Vineet's review, i can see value rising from that Luminance meter
In 2nd video, techiebeez, same thing.

1st, Also brightness was tested on screen center.
2nd, not tested on center

TBH, I am no expert.
But may be Techiebeez channel got defective product. Or Vineet Malhotra was targeted by Toshiba brand and they indirectly send that quality TV.
Also recently I am also facing used product delivered by Amazon (i returned all, but all products were below ₹1000)

Also there are no in depth reviewers for tv in India.
Showing all colour testing, settings, all content.

I checked this review too. But this TV is different. Just like TCL in India and abroad.
*www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/a6h
TCL at least doesn't use same model number here. Hisense used to bring the same models here, like U6G & upcoming U7H. Is A6H available here not same as A6H reviewed by rtings?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The luminance device 99% of reviewers use is not the accurate device. The accurate luminance device costs 8lacs rupees.
And its not about peak brightness issue, VM mentioned the wrong dimming zones and also said the back panel is metallic....which he proves by sticking magnets at the back panel of the TV(s) to prove them metallic.

Most of the reviewers get paid by the companies to promote their product, by which the reviewer only give +ve points to create high sales volume.

watch this video which gives good Tips while buying any 4K HDR TV in market

Last edited:

Zangetsu

TCL at least doesn't use same model number here. Hisense used to bring the same models here, like U6G & upcoming U7H. Is A6H available here not same as A6H reviewed by rtings?
Correct. The Europe manufactured TV(s) will have difference in Quality than Asia manufactured TV(s)

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I don't know exactly. but there is no comparison of abroad model and Indian model.
like this.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
So finally purchased Hisense 43A6H 4k TV
₹21990 on Amazon.
Discounts -
4000 coupon on product page.
2000 instant discount SBI debit card.
1000 discount by price above some limit
1200 Cashback coupon collected during Kickstart sale

I think there is more discount for SBI credit card.

Next purchase is warranty. I will try gowarranty.

Sony x74k 43" 4k 2022 model is also available for 34500k but above my budget.
Is this good choice? or bad?
my budget was 25k earlier.
but increased budget to 30k during covid.
then decided this Hisense 43A6H 4k TV
But found this deal on 23rd midnight. So purchased at ₹21990.
So good choice or bad choice?

Zangetsu

^^TV is good as per budget. But remember you cannot enjoy true 4K experience and Dolby Vision with 350nits of brightness and also Dolby Atmos. So, take them as pinch of salt features.

for 4K experience TV should >= 55" and Dolby Vision needs 1000nits of brightness minimum.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
^^TV is good as per budget. But remember you cannot enjoy true 4K experience and Dolby Vision with 350nits of brightness and also Dolby Atmos. So, take them as pinch of salt features.

for 4K experience TV should >= 55" and Dolby Vision needs 1000nits of brightness minimum.
Do's send don'ts after tv installation.
Some YouTube ad-free apps for TV?
And anything else interesting Add-on, gadgets for tv?.

I will use Kodi and IPTV app.

I will be playing 4k movies and series from USB or direct url.
So, I will disable/remove those Netflix and prime video apps, any issues, disadvantage or advantage after removing this?

Please share some video links to download which I can test on this 4k tv.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
So finally purchased Hisense 43A6H 4k TV
₹21990 on Amazon.
Discounts -
4000 coupon on product page.
2000 instant discount SBI debit card.
1000 discount by price above some limit
1200 Cashback coupon collected during Kickstart sale

I think there is more discount for SBI credit card.

Next purchase is warranty. I will try gowarranty.

Sony x74k 43" 4k 2022 model is also available for 34500k but above my budget.

Congratulations!
Thats good pricing for 4k tv with 3 years warranty, as recently I had mostly seen 43inches 4k tvs around 28k to 30k.

Do share your opinion of it. I am too planning for 43inch tv to be used with PC. Content mostly 1080p.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am too planning for 43inch tv to be used with PC. Content mostly 1080p.
In that case you will need either good upscaling in 4k TV(unlikely in case of budget TVs as that requires powerful hardware) or in your PC via madvr(requires a 1650/equivalent level graphics card minimum).

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Congratulations!
Thats good pricing for 4k tv with 3 years warranty, as recently I had mostly seen 43inches 4k tvs around 28k to 30k.

Do share your opinion of it. I am too planning for 43inch tv to be used with PC. Content mostly 1080p.
For that you need big brand tv.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Do's send don'ts after tv installation.
Some YouTube ad-free apps for TV?
And anything else interesting Add-on, gadgets for tv?.

I will use Kodi and IPTV app.

So, I will disable/remove those Netflix and prime video apps, any issues, disadvantage or advantage after removing this?

Please share some video links to download which I can test on this 4k tv.
???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need official apps to check if TV is supporting HDR/DV properly as these streaming sites have content in both these formats. It helps in troubleshooting if HDR/DV is not working properly with downloaded content.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
You need official apps to check if TV is supporting HDR/DV properly as these streaming sites have content in both these formats. It helps in troubleshooting if HDR/DV is not working properly with downloaded content.
Okay. Got it.
Can you share some downloadable sample videos?
There was a link on MX players ac3 codec xda forum thread, but i couldn't find it now. Site have videos of different resolution, different bits (8, 10 and 12 etc), and hdr formats etc.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site have videos of different resolution, different bits (8, 10 and 12 etc), and hdr formats etc.
12 bit is not standard & you will rarely find it in mainstream downloadable content. 1080p non-HDR/DV h264 is 8 bit while 2160p 10 bit h265 is HDR/DV. Your best bet is to download some standard release group from "ahem sources" to test as that's where it will matter whether it works or not.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
12 bit is not standard & you will rarely find it in mainstream downloadable content. 1080p non-HDR/DV h264 is 8 bit while 2160p 10 bit h265 is HDR/DV. Your best bet is to download some standard release group from "ahem sources" to test as that's where it will matter whether it works or not.
Tried. And it's working good on VLC, tried "ahem"releases.
So much brightness and whiteness. But no lag surprisingly while playing Thanos fighting and some other endgame scenes.
Need some calibration for these types of movies.
Suggest calibration hdr for this model.
Global release model seems to have little different settings on ratings. Those settings looks wired for me on this tv. Too much Vivid even in natural default settings.
Picture Settings are different when playing HDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom