Need suggestions for 43" 4k UHD Smart TV at ~₹30k

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
1. Budget?
~30k or less
2. Display type and size?
4k UHD and 43"+
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
TV, Smart things (casting, internet, ott apps, other apps)
contents from = 4K UHD 2160p HDR 10bit or 12bit supported mostly for (4k prints from ***ahem groups***)
(I don't know whether these formats HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision or HLG will able to play these above videos)
1080p 12bit supported on 4k HDR tv?
As I searched mediatek is leader in TV market, is it capable enough to play this.
Also 2GB and 16GB is really necessary for 4k UHD? I don't see many tv has it.
4. Types and number of ports required?
2+HDMI ARC needed (for speaker future purchase), Ethernet/LAN, 3.5mm jack, 1+USB ports,
is it possible to connect 4+ Bluetooth headphones on TV at a time?
Are there any else ports?
5. Preferred choice of brand?
What exact difference will be there in branded and others? I see too many similar specs, but they don't mention exact hardware they used.
preferable os - Certified Android TV (google play store or google apps) high boot time for android tv, will be fine.
Not used any Smart TV, don't know much about Fire OS, webOS or Tizen or Linux TV.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
preference to any latest model. Value for money.
No TV in consideration.
Any TV that will last around 5+ years max
(I was looking for branded TV (specifically LG), as most company have good service after purchase. But confused about need of after sale service.)
7. Any other info that you want to share.
need 20w+ sound (even 20w seems not good enough).
After sale service or any repair service does not mean a thing as I experienced. And there is not enough warranty years to claim for it.
Most cases standard TV needs repair after 4-5 years later, when there's no warranty. except "display panel" everything can be repaired but service center don't repair it. They just replace it with new one. Display panel costs around 40%-80% of TV price. So service does not mean anything unless it's in warranty. Otherwise standard TV lasts for many years if you are lucky. (correct me if I am wrong)
I have experienced this in case of standard TV. Is this similar for smart TVs too.

Are smart tvs more prone to damage because of being smart (OS problems, hardware problem)? Anyone using smart tv without issue over 5 years?

I can wait till Diwali too for better value for money Smart TV.

Any suggestion before purchasing Smart TV, as most TV's are online you can't check lower brightness, higher brightness, features, etc.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Keep an eye on this TV fits your budget:

*www.philips.co.in/c-p/55PUT6103S_9...slim-smart-led-tv-with-pixel-precise-ultra-hd

Or if you can extend a bit this is Bang for the buck

*www.vutvs.com/product-page/vu-cinema-4k-tv

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Keep an eye on this TV fits your budget:

*www.philips.co.in/c-p/55PUT6103S_9...slim-smart-led-tv-with-pixel-precise-ultra-hd

Or if you can extend a bit this is Bang for the buck

*www.vutvs.com/product-page/vu-cinema-4k-tv
55" too big for small room.

Vu 43 CA, this have inbuilt sound bar is it cool. I also thought about this but if they giving 3 models at similar price range MRP ₹36k. As it is with sound bar, it might be missing one or two features compared to other 2 models of similar price in 4k category. (43PM, 43UT)

*www.flipkart.com/vu-108cm-43-inch-...id-tv/p/itmd98cbdb233ae6?pid=TVSFZARWGJSCH2YH

Zangetsu

The panels from Vu are great LED panels with FALD features and A+ grade.
Compare the picture quality first as I found them to be excellent than most of the other brands.

Hisense A71F 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India
Hisense TVs are now available in India. Vu rebadged their TVs & sold it here. OOS now though.

Most TVs under 1 lakh has 8bit+FRC panel. HDR10 is relatively easy to get, that Hisense TV supports Dolby Vision which needs a good panel relatively (like 400 nits of brightness).

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
*www.flipkart.com/vu-108cm-43-inch-...id-tv/p/itmd98cbdb233ae6?pid=TVSFZARWGJSCH2YH

*www.flipkart.com/vu-108cm-43-inch-...id-tv/p/itm145737828bab3?pid=TVSFSNJVZEVWUSCU

*www.flipkart.com/vu-premium-108cm-...id-tv/p/itm20f01d180b1f3?pid=TVSFPENZWHAAVD7Z

What's exact difference between these 3?
-1 has sound bar
-cinema tv lags when casting/mirroring

Different prices but same specs in manual on their official site. Please check those specs in PDF.

Zangetsu

FALD is actually a DLED. Its just the marketing name which LG introduced in 2018.

Check the review posted above you will notice the picture quality with deep blacks and 400 nit brightness.

plus you will be supporting an Indian brand if you decide to buy this TV :)

Vu Premium & Vu Ultra 4K are same in hardware and specs the only difference is the 1 additional HDMI CEC port in latter. So, I would suggest choose Ultra 4K and also its available at offline stores and Amazon

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
vu rebranded Hisense TV
Thomson and Kodak both licensed by same Super Plastronics company
Anything else remaining?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Yes, but get the Ultra TV 4K if you want to use the TV as Monitor or add some gaming consoles due to HDMI CEC port

Zangetsu

What about other companies?
Mi, nokia, realme, Kodak, Thompson, tcl, iffalcon etc etc.?
They are not DLED and have issues and complaints from users.

iffalcon is no more in market and TCL is good but after sales service is poor.
Nokia & Kodak are new to will take time to settle well.
Thompson never saw any TV reviews.
Mi is a joke and have quality issues.
Realme is a new player just entered but is limited to FullHD and ELED panel

FALD is actually a DLED. Its just the marketing name which LG introduced in 2018.

Check the review posted above you will notice the picture quality with deep blacks and 400 nit brightness.

plus you will be supporting an Indian brand if you decide to buy this TV :)

Vu Premium & Vu Ultra 4K are same in hardware and specs the only difference is the 1 additional HDMI CEC port in latter. So, I would suggest choose Ultra 4K and also its available at offline stores and Amazon
Vu is indeed claiming DLED in their specs, still not sure if it's actually that. DLED/FALD are similar, I agree, but usually it is expensive to implement. Even if we forget DLED, I agree that Vu has one of the best panels in budget TVs. Many people have praised it.

Maybe it has DLED, but doesn't have the tech to dim some LEDs when required based on the video.

Zangetsu

^^Did you see the above review video I posted. The reviewer has played some Netflix movies in 4K. There you will notice deep blacks and contrasts which only looks better in FALD/DLED panels.

For TVs under 30~50k I would suggest VU anyday. But if budget is above 100k+ then SONY/LG or Samsung is the best choice.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Yes, but get the Ultra TV 4K if you want to use the TV as Monitor or add some gaming consoles due to HDMI CEC port
I won't use it as monitor. But other than monitor does it have any more advantages? Getting more or of it than normal HDMI

These are some others names/trade names

AOC: E-link

Hitachi: HDMI-CEC

LG: SimpLink or SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC)

Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI

Onkyo: RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)

Panasonic: HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link

Philips: EasyLink

Pioneer: Kuro Link

Runco International: RuncoLink

Samsung: Anynet+

Sharp: Aquos Link

Sony: BRAVIA Sync

Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link

Vizio: CEC

HDMI CEC, ARC, HEC..
Getting more complicated.

My old standard tv lg 32ls4600 had simplink feature, but don't know how to use it? (As I know now, it's HDMI CEC )
Now that tv is gone.

As I'm searching, Chromecast can be used HDMI CEC.
But do I need Chromecast for smart TV?

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Vu is indeed claiming DLED in their specs, still not sure if it's actually that. DLED/FALD are similar, I agree, but usually it is expensive to implement. Even if we forget DLED, I agree that Vu has one of the best panels in budget TVs. Many people have praised it.

Maybe it has DLED, but doesn't have the tech to dim some LEDs when required based on the video.
You suggested Hisense TV previous post. Does it have DLED/FLAD?

Zangetsu

You can ignore chromecast feature. Its not mandatory for everyday use. If you want to share your mobile screen on TV and want to turn a Dumb TV into a SMART TV. Then you will need chromecast.

All you need is HDMI and USB 3 port and the VU can detect & play content from disk > 1TB in size

Top Bottom