Need suggestions for 43" 4k UHD Smart TV at ~₹30k

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
???
Please explain.
Currently we watch tv channels using set top boxes of dth providers(dvb - s), cable TV(dvb- c) or Dd free dish(dvb -s). I really doubt the quality of these boxes & is it really providing best possible picture?

It would be great if the tv manufacturer were putting all possible transmission/ reception tuners within the tv box. This way we could bypass the set top boxes & could have option to choose with whom to go with. I guess I am not asking for more.

I also guess few TVs can receive all free to air channels ( or even paid channels) if the cable tv wire is connected to tv directly using compatible rf connector but the cable guys will not allow. If I am not mistaken Trai has not made set top boxes mandatory for those who just want to watch Free to air channels.

Currently all tv manufacturers are providing DVB-T/T2 (digital terrestrial tv. In tier 1 cities we can see dordarshan channels including HD by connecting indoor or outdoor antenna to our TVs.

Trai is pushing for digital terrestrial broadcasting but not sure if private player will be interested or may not be suitable business model for them with heavy investments.
Very popular in Europe & US to watch free to air channels.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Currently we watch tv channels using set top boxes of dth providers(dvb - s), cable TV(dvb- c) or Dd free dish(dvb -s). I really doubt the quality of these boxes & is it really providing best possible picture?

It would be great if the tv manufacturer were putting all possible transmission/ reception tuners within the tv box. This way we could bypass the set top boxes & could have option to choose with whom to go with. I guess I am not asking for more.
My friend had a philips led tv with inbuilt videocon d2h tuner but teh setup guy could never manage to get audio working on HD channels as it needed some software/firmware update which my friend was unable to make videocon or philips customer care understand.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Yes, I do remember earlier this feature was available with all Videocon manufactured/assembled Philips as well as Videocon TVs. Mpeg 4 Audio codec issues.
It was taken down, may be these companies do not want us to have.

I really want to see how this digital terrestrial tv broadcasting norm comes out. The government is working since 2016.

I am fed up with compression of free to air and other regional channels, dropping of channels by DTH companies as well as their outage during heavy rains. I guess same would be the case with cable tv except outage in rains.

I have Tata sky HD connection with removable card set top box since November 2015.
Recently I faced issue of card error twice & I had to clean it & reinsert.
Second time it took long to get working so I booked for replacement of stb. I came to know from service person who was kind enough to tell me that these all are refurbished boxes & I will not be getting new box even if I am ready to pay for it as newer box have card already fixed inside. I have to apply new connection(not possible till November/December 2020 until I exhaust my balance of annual recharge) or upgrade with binge + box worth 4k or uhd box around 6k or recording box @4.5k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gave up on DTH a long time back, now I only pay it to compensate for my "downloading" from net so I don't feel bad about those "this movie took 1000 hours & provided jobs to 1000 persons so watch it legally etc" lines at the end of the movie credits.

I gave up on DTH a long time back, now I only pay it to compensate for my "downloading" from net so I don't feel bad about those "this movie took 1000 hours & provided jobs to 1000 persons so watch it legally etc" lines at the end of the movie credits.
Amazon Prime & Hotstar+ are good to have IMO. Good amount of content. If you want more, check if its possible to join someone's Netflix account, like those 800/4ppl pm type of groups. Then there's the free youtube.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazon Prime & Hotstar+ are good to have IMO. Good amount of content. If you want more, check if its possible to join someone's Netflix account, like those 800/4ppl pm type of groups. Then there's the free youtube.
Actually DTH is used by other members in home & package consists of hollywood movies channels, it is just that nobody watches them & I watch them on PC.

Actually DTH is used by other members in home & package consists of hollywood movies channels, it is just that nobody watches them & I watch them on PC.
Understandable.

I wish Hotstar should just allow live streaming of a channel instead of giving the show list (maybe give it to the 1.5k plan). Airtel's live TV selection is good but I don't use it though.

Here is side-by-side comparison of both

Both are very good TVs. But I will go with Vu as it has wider color gamut.
Considering there's no equipment with them to measure it, it just might be the case of more colour saturation. Many reviewers hate extra saturation but most people like a bit saturated colours, myself included. I increase vibrance a bit from Nvidia Control Panel for my monitor.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I emailed vu few days back for vu ultra tv, and got 2 replies with 2 mobile numbers for related area sales manager for local guidance. In mail they mention about cinema tv.
One of them replied on WhatsApp about premium tv.
"Available stock
43PM
Three years warranty
Amount - 35000"

What's that exact price for these vu tvs?

Hisense TV's are not certified Android tv.?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Considering there's no equipment with them to measure it, it just might be the case of more colour saturation. Many reviewers hate extra saturation but most people like a bit saturated colours, myself included. I increase vibrance a bit from Nvidia Control Panel for my monitor.
I personally hate saturated colors where the Green looks like fluorescent green instead of natural green.
Always look for Skin tones of the characters on screen and judge the quality. A life like skin tone color looks more pleasant to watch than the reddish skin tones.

That is where the WCG (Wide Color Gamut) comes into play. The more the WCG the better color accuracy.

I emailed vu few days back for vu ultra tv, and got 2 replies with 2 mobile numbers for related area sales manager for local guidance. In mail they mention about cinema tv.
One of them replied on WhatsApp about premium tv.
"Available stock
43PM
Three years warranty
Amount - 35000"

What's that exact price for these vu tvs?

Hisense TV's are not certified Android tv.?
Wait for some time and you will get it online. I might buy it in Sep/Nov in Diwali sales. :)

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I personally hate saturated colors where the Green looks like fluorescent green instead of natural green.
Always look for Skin tones of the characters on screen and judge the quality. A life like skin tone color looks more pleasant to watch than the reddish skin tones.

That is where the WCG (Wide Color Gamut) comes into play. The more the WCG the better color accuracy.

Wait for some time and you will get it online. I might buy it in Sep/Nov in Diwali sales. :)
Let me know then.

I don't like too much saturation as well, which was the case with Samsung phones back in S2/S3 days. But I like a bit saturated images & have found others to like it as well. Too much saturation is obvious to most.

Top Bottom