Need suggestions for 43" 4k UHD Smart TV at ~₹30k

^^Did you see the above review video I posted. The reviewer has played some Netflix movies in 4K. There you will notice deep blacks and contrasts which only looks better in FALD/DLED panels.

For TVs under 30~50k I would suggest VU anyday. But if budget is above 100k+ then SONY/LG or Samsung is the best choice.
Its a VA panel, those have good contrast ratio, 3000:1 vs 1200:1 in most IPS panels.

Full Array Local Dimming for LED TVs Explained | LG USA

I don't think Vu has dimming like that, maybe it has DLED though. You can only notice that in say a dark room where blacks look bit greyish. Considering high contrast ratio, blacks are already better than IPS panels.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Yes, but get the Ultra TV 4K if you want to use the TV as Monitor or add some gaming consoles due to HDMI CEC port
HDMI ARC/ CEC and DLNA all available in all 3 vu TV's (model CA, PM AND UT)
still can't differentiate between those 3 vu's.
All are different prices and out of stock.

If Hisense and vu are same then why not Hisense.?
I will get 5year panel warranty also.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You suggested Hisense TV previous post. Does it have DLED/FLAD?
yes it has. check its website they bringing QLED also.

Watch the above video. The lady has described the TV very well with all details and the reason why the price is high in websites.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
You can ignore chromecast feature. Its not mandatory for everyday use. If you want to share your mobile screen on TV and want to turn a Dumb TV into a SMART TV. Then you will need chromecast.

All you need is HDMI and USB 3 port and the VU can detect & play content from disk > 1TB in size
vu TV Price is too high on websites TATA Cliq and Reliance Digital and no new model listed on both site.
I need to check in store.

From where to purchase vu TV's?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

HDMI ARC/ CEC and DLNA all available in all 3 vu TV's (model CA, PM AND UT)
still can't differentiate between those 3 vu's.
All are different prices and out of stock.

If Hisense and vu are same then why not Hisense.?
I will get 5year panel warranty also.
Picture Quality of Vu Ultra 4K is better than Vu premium.

Don't fall for 5yrs warranty trap. First compare the TV side by side and make the decision. If I were you, I would definitely go for VU.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

Don't fall for 5yrs warranty trap. First compare the TV side by side and make the decision. If I were you, I would definitely go for VU.
Ultra vs cinema tv?

Zangetsu

Ultra vs cinema tv?

Ultra 4K for picture quality. If you want higher brightness then Cinema.

Wait till Diwali you will get it on Amazon/Flipkart at discount prices.
or visit nearest showroom with a thumbdrive to test the TV yourself.
Once you see the demo of this TV. You will think that you are viewing a High-End SONY TV.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Currently vu is tried & tested so that's better choice in budget category. Few models are available offline at higher price but with extended warranty.

Somebody said Philips but strictly in dark room environment. Saying from my personal experience after using 50 inch model since April 2019. Btw my room has plenty of sunlight during day and panel is highly reflective.

Hi sense seem to be promising but only proper tv review can only disclose the true facts.
Dixon technologies is license manufacturer of hisense & Philips too as per ceo Arun Menon's statement in launch event even though initial models of 2018 were imported from china.

My observations
Actual TV's picture quality is good if using built-in apps & USB contents.
Once you connect through HDMI then the upscaling of the connected device, the quality of HDMI cable comes into picture.
My tata sky hd box is 5 yrs old now & pathetic moreover these dth companies compress regional sd & other channels a lot as per their wish.

I wish digital terrestrial broadcasting for all channels( including private players) get implemented soon in India

Or

Television companies bundle multiple tuners inside the tv box so no need of these cheap set-top boxes just insert card for dth or connect 75ohms cable to tv.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
yes it has. check its website they bringing QLED also.

Watch the above video. The lady has described the TV very well with all details and the reason why the price is high in websites.

Ok. Software and picture quality difference

Comparing with other tvs

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
How to close apps on Android tv?
As I will use Mobdro app which uses idle resources or start "mining" in background? (If not activated ads).
Is there any issue of background running apps? Like some other apps like Titanium TV, Terrarium TV etc etc?

Zangetsu

Don't use app which do Mining in the background. You will reduce the life of the TV by using its resources unnecessarily.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Don't use app which do Mining in the background. You will reduce the life of the TV by using its resources unnecessarily.
Ok. But how do I know which app does mining and which doesn't?

contents from = 4K UHD 2160p HDR 10bit or 12bit supported mostly for (***ahem groups***)
(I don't know whether these formats HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision or HLG will able to play these above videos)
What about this?

Also,
Do you know any offline store for vu in Mumbai?
Their site doesn't mention anything.
I found this one.
*www.highstreetphoenix.com/store/vu

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Edit your post to mask the "ahem groups" names. All content can be played using a pc & with proper setup so first focus on TV capability & after that only worry about software setup.:)

Ok.
I am not connecting TV to pc (for that I need to move pc to other room). I want to play 4k 10/12bit contents directly from USB ports.
Can I play that on vu ultra tv?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok.
I am not connecting TV to pc (for that I need to move pc to other room). I want to play 4k 10/12bit contents directly from USB ports.
Video should be no issue & audio too should be alright but there may be some contrast/brightness issues on certain videos depending on the HDR standard used but still I think it will be rare & you should be able to get same video with another HDR format easily. See below an old article but still valid.
*www.theverge.com/2017/1/5/14180456/hdr-formats-hdr10-dolby-vision-hlg-advanced-ces-2017

Zangetsu

Ok.
Yes the TV will play HDR content and 4K videos smoothly. All you need to check if the TV supports HEVC decoding and you are good to go.

If you want to check offline stores then try these (they do have it in showrooms)
Vijay Sales
Croma
Reliance Digital
eZone

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Yes the TV will play HDR content and 4K videos smoothly. All you need to check if the TV supports HEVC decoding and you are good to go.

If you want to check offline stores then try these (they do have it in showrooms)
Vijay Sales
Croma
Reliance Digital
eZone
Can you provide videos/links for thumbdrive test?

Top Bottom