need suggestion which controller should i buy for PC

goldsmit409

Broken In
i am looking to buy a new controller after windows 8.1 i had too many problem with drivers to get a generic gamepad work... got frustrated...
so now decided to get a good one
i am going for xbox 360 wireless to go with my windows 8.1 because i think most games will support it out of the box i dont need to search for workarounds...
i wanted to know how well will it support and how long does the AA battery last. i am thinking to get rechargable battery along with it...which should i get??

this
Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com...

or this
Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com...

or this

i am thinking for PS3 controller because its cheaper and i can charge it through my PC wont need to do the battery hassle

also should i wait for xbox one controller will it be worth it and most of all would it add anything new???

thnx all

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/182238-gamepad-buying-guide.html

I made a short guide regarding specific controllers available in India..
Going for a PS3 controller is a bad decision if you are gonna play on PC exclusively, Get a 360 controller or something from Thrustmaster..
Avoid Logitech at all costs

OP
G

goldsmit409

Broken In
the only reason i am not looking into other brands because of the driver support until windows7 its good but with 8.1 u have to find lot of workarounds to make to work properly....
i am inclined towards wireless 360

flyingcow

Shibe
Only use a PS3 controller with motioninjoy IF you already own a PS3 controller...
I am currently using a PS3 controller with motion in joy setup and it really is a PITA for the first 1-2 days which i wasted in setup and troubleshooting alone.
But it is working fine now, also every time i plug it in i have to click a button or two in motioninjoy to enable the emulator.
Especially a big NO-NO if you have large hands with long fingers, the controller gets uncomfortable in 2-3 hrs. and fingers start paining. i find Xbox controller to be more comfortable.
So id suggest better get a Wired xbox controller so that there are no battery issues and its abit cheap too (~1.7k).

Happy gaming :)

gameranand

Living to Play
the only reason i am not looking into other brands because of the driver support until windows7 its good but with 8.1 u have to find lot of workarounds to make to work properly....
i am inclined towards wireless 360

Get a wired Xbox 360 controller. If you have money to burn then get Razer Sabretooth.

OP
G

goldsmit409

Broken In
get xbox 360 wired controller , best vfm controller in the market. You will not regret.

why is everybody saying wired one?
is there something wrong with the wireless one??? i thut it will be kind of cool to get the wireless one.... am getting it from snapdeal at 3170 -5% discount so it 3050 somthing.....worth it???
wired one is 2000

flyingcow

Shibe
its your choice after all, pick which you feel will be good for you :)
there are no differences b/w wired and wireless...
you have to change your batteries constantly, if you have rechargeable batteries then no prob
you can use the controller from a distance but if you sit close to your PC, you can go with wired

OP
G

goldsmit409

Broken In
its your choice after all, pick which you feel will be good for you :)
there are no differences b/w wired and wireless...
you have to change your batteries constantly, if you have rechargeable batteries then no prob
you can use the controller from a distance but if you sit close to your PC, you can go with wired

thnx man
can u tell the rechargeble battery above will be compatible with it or not...
if so can u tell the preferance order which one to buy considering the price of batteries also.....

gameranand

Living to Play
thnx man
can u tell the rechargeble battery above will be compatible with it or not...
if so can u tell the preferance order which one to buy considering the price of batteries also.....

Gaming is never meant to be played wirelessly. How many wireless gaming mice you have seen or Wireless gaming KBs for that matter. If you go wireless then there is always a delay in the input, it may or may not be noticeable to you but its there. That is why I suggested you to go wired mode, also the chord length is long enough so that you are comfortable even at some distance. Like I said if you have money to burn then get a better product then going for the same Xbox wireless controller. Get Razer Sabretooth, one of the best till date.

jak3072

Broken In
get a wired Xbox 360 controller, got one 2-3 years ago, no problems so far. Best decision ever made... all games compatible right off the bat.

Top Bottom