Need Some Advice Regarding Laptop

ckn008

Right off the assembly line
I am looking forward to buy a laptop will b used mostly for official work and browsing
i have choose this
Lenovo Flex 2-14D Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1/ Touch) (59-436783) Rs.32841 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Flex 2-14D Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1/ Touch) (59-436783) Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

It has 8gb ssd and 4 gb ram and amd a8 whichas per people is lil better than i3 but has no backlit keyboard
and gives decent backup f 4 hrs
Is there any other laptop i should be looking at. Needs
1-Backup
2-Touchscreen
3-Decent performance
4-the model i have posted has 300 degree rotation so convertible will b good
am ready to stretch budget a bit
Advance thanks

Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase:

1) What is your budget?
max 38,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Browsing
Movies
Music
MS Office
Photoshop etc

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Amd A8 or i5 or i3 (nyone which fits budget and is vfm)
4gb or more ram
500 gb hybrid drive

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
None

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Battery back up extended (5-7hrs)
Purchase place Online

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill the questionnaire

*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

@mods please move this thread to appropriate sub-forum. And rename this sub forum to "Mobile/Tablet buying advice"

OP
C

ckn008

Fill the questionnaire

*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

@mods please move this thread to appropriate sub-forum. And rename this sub forum to "Mobile/Tablet buying advice"

Filled the answers sir

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lenovo B40-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (59-440451) (FHD) Rs.39790 Price in India - Buy Lenovo B40-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (59-440451) (FHD) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

would've been the best for you but OOS on flipkart

OP
C

ckn008

Lenovo B40-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (59-440451) (FHD) Rs.39790 Price in India - Buy Lenovo B40-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (59-440451) (FHD) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

would've been the best for you but OOS on flipkart

But i wanted a touchscreen

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But i wanted a touchscreen
Touchscreen is a gimmick for any >10" laptop screen. Also you won't get a good enough config for the price.

So, if you want a touchscreen, get a hybrid (tablet with keyboard dock). Unfortunately, these will lack processing power compared to laptops.

OP
C

ckn008

Touchscreen is a gimmick for any >10" laptop screen. Also you won't get a good enough config for the price.

So, if you want a touchscreen, get a hybrid (tablet with keyboard dock). Unfortunately, these will lack processing power compared to laptops.

but i want a backup of minimum 4 hrs and i think non touch laptops dnt generally giv that much backup

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
but i want a backup of minimum 4 hrs and i think non touch laptops dnt generally giv that much backup

Who told you that? :lol:

My E5-511 gives >8 hours easily.

And IMO touch screen should reduce the battery backup because well the display acts as an input device too

OP
C

ckn008

Who told you that? :lol:

My E5-511 gives >8 hours easily.

And IMO touch screen should reduce the battery backup because well the display acts as an input device too

ok sorry for my lack of knowledge
but i exclude touch
but i want a covertible typs laptop like 300 degree or 360 degree (it will look nyc and cool :p)
so final advice ?

Top Bottom