Need replacement cost for dvd writer ... lenovo laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
its over 7K ....if you ask me then its not worth getting it replaced .......buy a LG external DVD writer drive (round 4.2k).......its pretty compact and runs directly from the USB (no power cable) ...My friend recently got one...

BTW there is no guarantee that the replacement lenovo drive will not conk out in the next few months....(my friend had to get it changed twice and it still does not work)

acewin

Point Blanc
for replacement cost you should contact their service center(if under warranty), otherwise search in local market. Cost in local market will be three-fourth to half and you also save labour cost.. it should come around 3.5-4 or 5K for just the burner, I think it should come to 3.5K only, but anyhow it is not 7K. and external burner from LG costs around 3.5-3.8K the slim ones and same from sony they cost 4.5K

What is the problem with your burner. check which device driver for the model.
If your part is not inwarranty take it out yourself (check in the bottomside of laptop there will be a screw for burner unscrew it and take the burner out. and get a similar burner for yourself. most of the burners supplied in laptops are LG burners.

@izzikio_rage, there is something called warranty, the service center will replace it as many times if it defective.

Last edited:
OP
G

great_manish

Journeyman
just found out from the service center .... replacement dvd write 7.5k ..... warranty extension 8.5k (dvd writer wud be replaced) ! expensive !!

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
As I said ...go for the external drive....makes a lot of sense....The lenovo writers have a nasty habit of conking out time and again....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom