Need PC Config @ 20 K

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Internet, Programming and Some medium performance gaming.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 20K for only CPU. I don't wanna change other parts.
4. Planning to overclock?
A: no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7 . and Ubuntu.
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB at the most
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 1024*768
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: No last time, I bought it, it was done by an assembler.This time, I will be building it myself.
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Next week. By 10th Oct at the most.
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: No
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I am from Kolkata and will buy it from there itself.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:
I am looking forward to buy the AMD x4 635 Processor. Which one of the motherboards will fit best to it? With it I will also buy a HD 5000+ Series GPU and I need a DDR3 2 GB RAM. I'm looking forward to recommendations of the PSU and Motherboard and also a SOUND Driver.
One of my friend suggested me to buy the SMPS from Frontech 500W. It looks cheap enough, but will it be good enough?
Thanks.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD Athlon II X3 435 @ 3.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Sapphire Radeon HD5670 @ 5k
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 20.8k

OP
soumo27

soumo27

AMD Athlon II X3 435 @ 3.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Sapphire Radeon HD5670 @ 5k
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 20.8k

Thank U very much.
But just two questions regarding it:-
1. Is there any need for Sound driver with the config u recommended?
2. Will this config be able to handle medium range gaming and run games properly at 1024*768 resolution on my 15" CRT?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yes it will be handle the games on that monitor.
sound drivers are provided in mobo cd. and no sound card is required. mobos have integrated sound chipset also.

OP
soumo27

soumo27

yes it will be handle the games on that monitor.
sound drivers are provided in mobo cd. and no sound card is required. mobos have integrated sound chipset also.

Thanks. I was unaware of that sound driver part.
Well any1 having an idea of the price of Xbox 360 pc controller..both the wired and wireless one..??

Piyush

Lanaya
Thanks. I was unaware of that sound driver part.
Well any1 having an idea of the price of Xbox 360 pc controller..both the wired and wireless one..??

wired controller is about 1.6k (xbox 360)

but u can look at this one too
*smcinternational.in/v2/index.php?p...ategory_id=60&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Top Bottom