Need new keyboard

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
My 8yrs old Logitech keyboard is dying a slow death (some keys are not working):-?

so,want a new keyboard.

suggest a good keyboard which should last for atleast next 5yrs :mrgreen:
budget is 400~600

ritvij

rated R
logitech k200.. have been using it for a year and its washable too....!! :D
Logitech K200 Media USB 2.0 Keyboard | Keyboard | Flipkart.com

dont buy from flipkart though.. when i got it it was for 400 only!

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^thanx looks good to me..but is it enough

The keys of the Logitech K200 have a stroke life of upto 5 million (50 lakhs) key strokes, while the hotkeys have an equal life

rouble

Journeyman
K200 is awesome..Im using it and has butter smooth but you want for gaming so don't know if it will fit or not..
Though I play comfortably on it..
BTW this is another option from Amkette

Heard good things about it..

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

guys suggest fast whether I should buy K200
i m going to LT Road tommorow

guys just now I read that PS/2 is better bcoz N-key rollover is not there in USB keyboard?

Last edited:
If your budget allows it get a mechanical keyboard. They will last you much much longer then a membrane based keyboard and I like the click sound of the mechanical switches :). Some might think its too noisy though.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Nowadays you won't get many PS2 keyboards. And many motherboards don't even have PS/2 port. Using USB-PS/2 isn't a solution.

Nowadays you won't get many PS2 keyboards. And many motherboards don't even have PS/2 port. Using USB-PS/2 isn't a solution.

This is actually not true. PS2 keyboards are good for gaming as they do not have the rollover problem which the USB keyboards have. That is you can press more numbers of keys simlutaneously without the keyboard blocking out then the USB keyboard ones. That is why the SteelSeries keyboards are usually PS2 and Razer tries to somehow reduce the rollover coz their keyboards need to be USB to support the glowing lights and stuff. So if you want a cheap keyboard good for gaming definitely go for PS2. Motherboards will not be ending the support anytime soon and as far as I know, all motherboards have PS2 support. I have the latest Intel H77 chipset board. Even the Z77 boards have.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Finally bought Microsoft multimedia Keyboard (PS/2) @ rs500.
vendor said this was the last piece we had & now all keyboards available are USB

Top Bottom