Need new high performance build within 25k

stormshadow24

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Basically for home use. Games like FIFA, Deus EX, Farcry.Softwares like Eclipse,SAP .Watching full HD videos,streaming online. My current PC is ancient. Time for a revamp

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:can extend upto 30k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8.1 or above

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Have a 22 inch full HD monitor. Not required.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard,Mouse,DVD writer,Monitor,Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: September end-Oct 1st week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Havent built one. Assembler or will take help from a friend.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai. Can buy from Lamington road but not so sure as many people get conned der. Online not an issue.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Need to attach my Sony 5.1 channel speakers . So would be needing a sound card(below 6k)

Would I be needing 2 PCI slots then? One for Sound card and the other for the graphic card?
If so then please suggest the MB as H81-MS1 has only 1 PCI slot if I'm not wrong.

Would be using this build for long..so something a bit future proof would be great.

Also if I wanna add an SSD, what would be required in addition? Would it require some different hardware?Please suggest.

And finally... a Big thanks in advance to all...
You guys r doing a GREAT job helping out people like me for getting the best suggestions available...:-o
CHEERS!!

player100

Broken In
check this out
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/182362-pc-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q2.html

u can skip the parts that u already have and invest those money on better Graphics Card for better gaming

OP
S

stormshadow24

SSD is optional....plus asked for the best possible in the range pal...sound card is a must...mid level graphic card fine...or entry level...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
and a GPU too in a 25k? :facepalm:

Budget - 30k (modified)

ProcessorIntel i3 41508,000
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH4,400
MemoryKingston HyperX FuryDDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,250
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyCorsair VS3502,200
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Sound CardAsus Xonar DG 5.1 Channel2,000
Total23,250

Hardly any room left to add a good GPU.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 30K (Modified)

Processor
Intel i3 4150
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S13,600
Memory
Kingston HyperX FuryDDR3 4GB 1600Mhz2,300
Graphics Card
Sapphire R7 250 1GB7,000
Power Supply
Antec VP450P
Cabinet
Zebronics SPY II1,000
Internal Storage
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB
Total

As for the Sound Card is concerned you will get Realtek Audio which is far more better along with the Motherboard itself.So go with it.OK.

OP
S

stormshadow24

have already got 5.1 channel speakers. So i require the sound card to harness its true sound.
Also GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S1 has only one PCI slot right?

mitraark

Decrepit
Really don't think you need a Sound Card. People tend to underestimate the capability of their PC Onboard audio card, and overestimate the quality of the speakers they own, and the purpose of using the speakers.

Research well and rethink your decision ot get a sound card, you can spend the money to get a well balanced PC with decent components.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Model no. ?
- - - Updated - - -
Yes only one. You need two ? Why ?
Because he want to use 2nd slot for his sound card. In 25k OP wants an SSD and Sound Card along with normal config, How foolish?
Nowadays nobody using sound cards as inbuilt ones are much better. Its better OP go with the Config I suggested. What is the use of asking for help here in TDF by OP if he does not listen to us...

OP
S

stormshadow24

@bssunilreddy If i dint want the feedback from you guys, then i wouldn't have posted in the first place. It is because of the reason that I dunno about some aspects, I have brought it here. If everyone was a pro in all dis, this forum would have ceased to exist. Hence its a request, if you're not willing to help, at least let others help.No offence mate, I do not know, thats the reason Im asking my doubts

@ hitesh Sony SA-ID5000

hitesh

In the zone
@ hitesh Sony SA-ID5000

I know you are quite looking forward to a sound card, but trust me on this, those speakers will not benefit much from the sound card.
Having said that, if you still want, go ahead, it is not like it doesn't make a difference.

Also those h81 gigabyte motherboards have 1 pcie x16 and atleast 1 pcie x1 slot. Sound card uses the x1 slot and gpu the x16 slot, so those motherboards are more than sufficient

Question - When will be your next upgrade ?

Last edited:
OP
S

stormshadow24

@hitesh i got my first pc in 2003,since then, I pretty much have the same machine except when i upgraded the DDR1 RAM. Since the past few years, i have been playing games and editing videos and stuff using my lappy...but now i need a good pc to continue doing the same in a better way.
Next update should be in 4-5 years(hopefully earlier) or as per any faults.
Now that you have said so, i can invest the amount of sound card into something better den...right?:mrgreen:

hitesh

In the zone
i got my first pc in 2003,since then, I pretty much have the same machine except when i upgraded the DDR1 RAM. Since the past few years, i have been playing games and editing videos and stuff using my lappy...but now i need a good pc to continue doing the same in a better way.

Damn that's old

Next update should be in 4-5 years(hopefully earlier) or as per any faults.

Now I asked that because if it was short period, say like 6-9 months, I would have recommend an i3 with a low end gpu. But here you'll upgrade atleast after 4 years, in which case it is better to go with a Pentium + a better gpu. Many members will disagree with this but trust me (again lol) you'll get better fps with this setup

Now that you have said so, i can invest the amount of sound card into something better den...right?:mrgreen:

Oh yeah 2k helps.

Also I'll the same question that 2kool2btrue asked, cause it will help a lot

Last edited:

hitesh

In the zone
Here is my suggestion

Pentium 3.5k
gtx 750ti 9.5k
cabby 1k
ssd 850 evo 120gb 4.5k
gigabyte h81m-s 3.3k
cx 430 3k
1tb hd 3.5k
kingston 4gb ram 1.7k

total - 29k

Even though this already exceeds your budget, getting an i3 is worth it. Total would be 34k

OP
S

stormshadow24

i guess the best i can do in this case that increase my budget by 5k or so and then take a better build. I guess that should suffice.

Top Bottom