Need new Android phone. Budget less than 12k. Also a pair of decent earphones.

Krow

Crowman
Android 4.1 is very smooth. You may get reduced battery life(if coming from ICS), but its lag free.

Frankly speaking, my S2 lagged sometimes(very rarely), when it was on ICS(after 3-4 days of using the phone). Now on JB, no lags
I agree. But installing Android ROMs is tough and needs a lot of patience. I found the experience of installing CM 7.2 on my Dell XCD 35 to be far from hassle-free. I was forced to do it because I accidentally deleted my calendar app. Since then, I've never felt like trying out new ROMs because installation is a big pain. I consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy and am still unwilling to suggest rooting and custom ROMs to anyone due to the hassle involved. A small percentage of Android users install custom ROMs, and most complain of laggy stock ROMs. It is unfair to compare your usage to the general public. :)

I agree. But installing Android ROMs is tough and needs a lot of patience. I found the experience of installing CM 7.2 on my Dell XCD 35 to be far from hassle-free. I was forced to do it because I accidentally deleted my calendar app. Since then, I've never felt like trying out new ROMs because installation is a big pain. I consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy and am still unwilling to suggest rooting and custom ROMs to anyone due to the hassle involved. A small percentage of Android users install custom ROMs, and most complain of laggy stock ROMs. It is unfair to compare your usage to the general public. :)

I was not advising to install a custom ROM. I'm just saying that Android 4.1+ offers lag free experience.

S Advance has official 4.1.2 update. So its a great phone.

Same goes for Q700/Q800 which has 4.2/4.1 out of box

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Did you check LG l7 II. I wouldn't suggest you to get a xolo ****. They may work and they may not work. And when problem comes up, you are going to suffer. Also these cheap models have very less shelf live and getting accessories and spare parts in the future will be a mega headache

Did you check LG l7 II. I wouldn't suggest you to get a xolo ****. They may work and they may not work. And when problem comes up, you are going to suffer. Also these cheap models have very less shelf live and getting accessories and spare parts in the future will be a mega headache

Actually these small desi companies were crap, but now have improved their quality considerably. A year ago too MMX was crap, but now its good. My uncle has MMX Canvas 2 from past 6 months, no problem at all, till now. He has dropped the phone many times too....
Still I won't expect these phones to run for more than 1-1.5 years... Get a new phone after a year....

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Already available in L520..
OP- If possible, go for galaxy s advance if you want to go for an android os..

So ? Xperia M has 1 GB RAM, Camera with Flash, Android 4.1, NFC, and tonnes of Apps being android.. Pricing should be 2-3k more at max..
and why the heck are You are suggesting S advance over Xperia M at this point of time, when S advance is going extinct..
A little bit waiting is worth it.. trust me

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I am trying to sell me Xperia Mini locally for about 5k. If I can do that, I will add my existing 10k and buy the Xperia L.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
That you have a phone already, I advice you have it till Xperia M is available and should be available for 15k at release (Xperia L is already < 16k at many places). Also a MediaTek chipset Xperia C is also coming, though that is 3 months away.

Uchiha

Right off the assembly line
If you are on a budget...look at the xperia series..you will get a good one under 15k...make sure it's upgradable to jb...

Top Bottom