need motorala SM56 internal modem DRIVERS for FEDORA CORE 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vps85

Broken In
hi

iam using fedora core 3 frm digit.
iam unable to connect to the internet since my modem is not detected in fedora core 3.iam using dax internal modem which has MOTORALA SM56 chipset.iam unable to find any drivers in the net.can anyone suggest me the site frm which i can download the sm56 drivers.

Bomb

Broken In
Re: motorala SM56 internal modem DRIVERS for FEDORA CORE

vps85 said:
hi i am unable to find any drivers in the net.

First of all did u try to ??? If u had done that (Read that as GOOGLE) then I dont think there was a need of this thread.

Coz most of the modems in the market r based on this chipset.

kkeng

Broken In
You will not be able to use your Motorola modem SM56 in FC3. There is no driver yet.

First of all did u try to ??? If u had done that (Read that as GOOGLE) then I dont think there was a need of this thread.

Coz most of the modems in the market r based on this chipset.

a bit of Google, and I found this: Motorola Windows & Linux Drivers download

dudes be aware his requirements. he specified the os and model no clearly.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Hey Bomb :? Brains.......

Dont be so rude :evil: .........im facing the same probs too..........a forum is meant for ppl to xcnage ideas and find solns.

If GOOGLE was everything, forums wudnt exist............

For ur kind info, The SM56 WinXP drivers supplied on the motorola site dont work for all variants based on that chipset........ I had to downlaod multiple files from multiple sites n try various combinations b4 finally making it work..................

PLZ REFRAIN........................

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
maverickrohan said:
For ur kind info, The SM56 WinXP drivers supplied on the motorola site dont work for all variants based on that chipset........ I had to downlaod multiple files from multiple sites n try various combinations b4 finally making it work..................

Thats right .. It doesnt work on my system .. I too was waiting for Fedora drivers myself ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom