need mobo to run 7600GS card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys I have a gr8 problem,
I have a BIG 7600GS/256MB PCI-e card and ASUS A8N-VM mobo. the card works on friend's intel mobo, but not on my a8n-vm. BIOS upgrade is of no use. There is a slight possibility that i may be able to return the mobo.
Now plz suggest me a mobo which will definitely run my card.

I can visit nebody's place in MUmbai and subburbs and try the 7600gs card b4 buying the mobo. Also does nebody have MSI K8NGM2 mobo? I am thinking of buying that, but i need to try my card first, as the dealer won't take this one back.

PLZ help soon.......

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks guys, but the price diff between A8N-VM and A8N-E is 1.5K+
also never going to OC ne component.

onboard VGa is prefered

What about MSI K8NGM2-L/IL/FID mobo?
Is MSI RS-482 discontinued? ne Mumbaian has it?

iTS for a friend.

Last edited:

geekgod

Journeyman
if u r changing u'r motherboar for installing a graphics card..why are u looking for an onboard VGA? u have a graphics card itself..

most of the boards without onboard VGA are performance boards and are a wee bit costlier than their onboard counterparts, and also have better features.

i've always liked asus for boards, go with A8N-E for no SLI and no onboard VGA, and A8N-VM-CSM for onboard VGA.

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
As i have said, its for my friend, so there are restrictions on the budget.
BTW, just to be sure can i try my 7600gs card on ur mobos..plz.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
you never know when you need to oc?

i too had planned no oc earlier, but now i have 2 choices:
either put more money which i don't have
or overclock the cpu

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
@akshayt
no offence yaar, but I know my friend very well. He is doing Final year BE comps, but hardly knows abt the HW. OC is too far away.
For him PC is just typewriter which can plzy games as well as show him some P*rn. Just dunno why is he doing BE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom