Need laptop battery

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Need battery for my laptop ab522tx. Is there a reliable brand like Amazon Basics for the batteries besides oem one's? Any reliable website to get the same online? I am looking for a higher end mah battery to get some more juice.
Also many a times the backup is good. Is there any good software which can give me battery stats like health and usage time just to make sure.

Thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Generally if there are any health monitoring apps bundled with OEM OS on laptops, I consider them as blotwares. They don't do any good except hogging resources.

However on all my Windows laptops be it Dell, Sony or Asus, I have always used a free utility called BatteryInfoView to monitor battery health

BatteryInfoView - View battery information on laptops / netbooks

It's just a 80KB utility but can fetch most of the important battery health parameters like Designed capacity, current capacity and wear level.
Just like CrystalDiskInfo app (That monitors HDD SMART Parameters) , I run this regularly to check if battery wear level has degraded over time as it generally will after an year or so. There could be other apps too, but so far I found this easy to use and reliable utility.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Besides batteryinfo you can also use this:
launch cmd(command prompt) as admin & run this command powercfg /batteryreport
It will generate a very detailed battery report in C:\windows\system32 folder as battery-report.html.

As for replacement battery,try contacting hp service centre directly to enquire about battery price.If cost is not much more than oem brands then buy that else take any oem brand battery with some months warranty & good reviews online.There are no amazon basics like brand for laptop batteries in India.

Hi Guys,

Need battery for my laptop ab522tx. Is there a reliable brand like Amazon Basics for the batteries besides oem one's? Any reliable website to get the same online? I am looking for a higher end mah battery to get some more juice.
Also many a times the backup is good. Is there any good software which can give me battery stats like health and usage time just to make sure.

Thanks
I don't think you will get a higher capacity battery because even though battery tech evolved, I doubt they made a denser battery for that laptop. If eBay had been alive, you would have found some OEM parts. Check flipkart/amazon, hope to get a battery with some reviews.

HWMonitor does show you the battery wear level. It is 30% for my 3 year old laptop, should be more for others as I used Dell's built in profiles to limit the charging at certain %. HP has similar softwares on some mid range to high end laptops (saw it on some 60k Pavilion 3 years back). No idea about any 3rd party app to do that.

I still manually calculate my laptop's battery life, not accurate, but I get a rough idea.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't think you will get a higher capacity battery because even though battery tech evolved, I doubt they made a denser battery for that laptop. If eBay had been alive, you would have found some OEM parts. Check flipkart/amazon, hope to get a battery with some reviews.

HWMonitor does show you the battery wear level. It is 30% for my 3 year old laptop, should be more for others as I used Dell's built in profiles to limit the charging at certain %. HP has similar softwares on some mid range to high end laptops (saw it on some 60k Pavilion 3 years back). No idea about any 3rd party app to do that.

I still manually calculate my laptop's battery life, not accurate, but I get a rough idea.
Thanks. Some local shop quoted me 5.5k for the original battery with 6 months warranty and 4k for the duplicate one with no warranty.

Gollum

Collector
Thanks. Some local shop quoted me 5.5k for the original battery with 6 months warranty and 4k for the duplicate one with no warranty.
If yours is not a flat li-po battery then you can try to change the cells yourself.
My old sony vaio laptop battery has regular AA cells inside lol
You can also just call HP to get the battery pricing.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If yours is not a flat li-po battery then you can try to change the cells yourself.
My old sony vaio laptop battery has regular AA cells inside lol
You can also just call HP to get the battery pricing.
Chinese battery
*www.amazon.in/SellZone-Battery-HP-Pavilion-15-AB522TX/dp/B07FRN754V
Not able to find the same on their site, I mean the laptop's model number does not fetch any results
HP Original Batteries, Chargers & Adapters | HP Online Store

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Generally if there are any health monitoring apps bundled with OEM OS on laptops, I consider them as blotwares. They don't do any good except hogging resources.

However on all my Windows laptops be it Dell, Sony or Asus, I have always used a free utility called BatteryInfoView to monitor battery health

BatteryInfoView - View battery information on laptops / netbooks

It's just a 80KB utility but can fetch most of the important battery health parameters like Designed capacity, current capacity and wear level.
Just like CrystalDiskInfo app (That monitors HDD SMART Parameters) , I run this regularly to check if battery wear level has degraded over time as it generally will after an year or so. There could be other apps too, but so far I found this easy to use and reliable utility.

Besides batteryinfo you can also use this:
launch cmd(command prompt) as admin & run this command powercfg /batteryreport
It will generate a very detailed battery report in C:\windows\system32 folder as battery-report.html.

As for replacement battery,try contacting hp service centre directly to enquire about battery price.If cost is not much more than oem brands then buy that else take any oem brand battery with some months warranty & good reviews online.There are no amazon basics like brand for laptop batteries in India.

Thanks. Your replies were not shown in Tapatalk, strange.
PFA
BIV.jpg

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like this battery does not support all info options,wear level missing from batteryinfo & report generated by windows is also much smaller/less detailed.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Looks like this battery does not support all info options,wear level missing from batteryinfo & report generated by windows is also much smaller/less detailed.
My bad, check this
TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per report battery is in 100% condition(e.g.my report(at the end) shows full charge capacity less than design capacity which is expected after years of usage).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why I said battery is missing some info options,software relies on info sensors within battery & if they are not there/not designed to work with 3rd party tools then such tools will not report correct status of battery.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Latest version of BatteryInfoView app has just changed the Wear Level to Battery Health as parameter name. The output is same. Also I suggest if there's no option to calibrate your battery in OEM app or BIOS or so, then do a manual calibration once and recheck parameters.

Let it discharge to 5%
Disconnect and wait for an hour or so
Then Charge it full to 100% continuously without any breaks.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Latest version of BatteryInfoView app has just changed the Wear Level to Battery Health as parameter name. The output is same. Also I suggest if there's no option to calibrate your battery in OEM app or BIOS or so, then do a manual calibration once and recheck parameters.

Let it discharge to 5%
Disconnect and wait for an hour or so
Then Charge it full to 100% continuously without any breaks.
Not of much help. Any link to buy 1 online?

Top Bottom