Need info on exchanging mobile phone.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Hello,

Redmi 4 is available for Rs. 9500 (instead of 11,000) on Amazon. There is also an offer for exchanging your old phone. I have two Yu Yuphorias, both bought from Amazon, and both in working condition. One of these was bought under my name, and the other under my sister's name. I don't know which of the two phones belongs to me. I'll be buying the Redmi using my Amazon account.

When you give an old phone under an exchange offer, do they ask for proof of ownership of that phone, or can you give any phone without any documents?

What kind of problems, if any, can occur when buying a phone using an exchange offer? I'm getting Rs. 1500 off for the Yuphoria; is that good?

Thanks.

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
My budget is around 8 to 10 K. The Yuphoria I have doesn't have full Volte support, and I have to use the Jio card using the Jio4GVoice app. With a phone having full Volte support, you can dial directly through the phone dialer, and can turn the data off and still use the Jio card. I don't really know which other phone to buy. I was going to buy Redmi 4 with 3 GB Ram and 32 GB storage space, which is available for Rs. 9000; during this sale, it is available for 8500. Redmi 4 with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB storage is normally available for Rs. 11,000, but right now, there's a Rs. 1500 discount, so I thought I'd buy it. Yuphoria is really slow, often requires a reboot since it stops responding or doesn't dial, and heats up a lot.

I need a phone with around 3 GB Ram, and with full Volte support - that is my main requirement. It should work smoothly. I don't need the phone for playing games, or any other intensive work. You can suggest another phone if you like.

But my main question was about giving a phone in exchange - what problems could possibly crop up, and whether I need the bill and other documents to give it in exchange.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get the Redmi Note 4 64Gb variant from flipkart on exchage with your Yuphoria and pay using a sbi debit/credit card. You'll get it for around 8.4k.

Make sure your phone's screen is not broken. You don't need any other documents for exchange. You don't even need to give the current charger and earphones with it.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Get the Redmi Note 4 64Gb variant from flipkart on exchage with your Yuphoria and pay using a sbi debit/credit card. You'll get it for around 8.4k.

Make sure your phone's screen is not broken. You don't need any other documents for exchange. You don't even need to give the current charger and earphones with it.

Hey bro
What is your thought/opinion on Honor 8 Pro @ 23500 after exchange of my older redmi note prime + SBI discounts??

@OP Sorry for hijacking your thread

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
Thanks @SaiyanGoku for your reply.

Got the Redmi 4 4GB 64 GB storage one. Considered buying the Redmi Note 4, but the price of the 4GB 64GB storage variant is high, and I needed a phone with higher storage, and didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. This phone is for my father, who only uses it to make calls and use whatsapp, so the better processor or better screen of the Redmi Note 4 was not needed.

The original price of the phone was Rs. 11,000, but the discount price was Rs. 9500. Giving my old Yuphoria in exchange knocked off another Rs. 1950 from the price. Also got a 10% discount by using an HDFC card, although I don't know on which amount the 10% will be calculated - 9500 or 7550. In the end, a pretty good deal, considering the discount price, the 10% extra discount, and the fact that I got rid of the Yuphoria for Rs. 1950 (most local shops I asked about selling the Yuphoria quoted between Rs. 500 and 1000). The only problem with the phone is that you can't add two SIMs and an SD card; it's either two SIMs or one SIM and an SD card. Don't understand why they made the phone like this. Same with why the battery is not removable.

As for the exchange process, the delivery guy took a lot at it, checked the IMEI, and that's it. Now I'm thinking of giving my other Yuphoria for a Redmi Note 4 from flipkart.

ezio16

Journeyman
Thanks @SaiyanGoku for your reply.

Got the Redmi 4 4GB 64 GB storage one. Considered buying the Redmi Note 4, but the price of the 4GB 64GB storage variant is high, and I needed a phone with higher storage, and didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. This phone is for my father, who only uses it to make calls and use whatsapp, so the better processor or better screen of the Redmi Note 4 was not needed.

The original price of the phone was Rs. 11,000, but the discount price was Rs. 9500. Giving my old Yuphoria in exchange knocked off another Rs. 1950 from the price. Also got a 10% discount by using an HDFC card, although I don't know on which amount the 10% will be calculated - 9500 or 7550. In the end, a pretty good deal, considering the discount price, the 10% extra discount, and the fact that I got rid of the Yuphoria for Rs. 1950 (most local shops I asked about selling the Yuphoria quoted between Rs. 500 and 1000). The only problem with the phone is that you can't add two SIMs and an SD card; it's either two SIMs or one SIM and an SD card. Don't understand why they made the phone like this. Same with why the battery is not removable.

As for the exchange process, the delivery guy took a lot at it, checked the IMEI, and that's it. Now I'm thinking of giving my other Yuphoria for a Redmi Note 4 from flipkart.

Congrats for your new phone :)
For exchange, just need the phone's screen not be broken and it can be powered on, that's it.
If you are thinking of buying one more from flipkart, try with flipkart app. In the app, there is an option of 'Test your phone' while going for exchange option which will detect IMEI and test everything required itself.
You will get a little extra if you do that.

Also you could get Buyback guarantee for just Rs. 99 instead of 499 which would be useful if you want to change the phone within an Year.

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
I had previously seen this option and had started the test, but then stopped it. I did it now, and after performing the tests, it says that it will take the older phone for Rs. 2070, instead of the Rs. 1850 it gives without running the test. If I had placed an order earlier, I would probably not have used this test feature and instead placed the order from the website. Now if I do place an order, it will be through the app. Thanks a lot @Ezio for sharing this info! :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
I had previously seen this option and had started the test, but then stopped it. I did it now, and after performing the tests, it says that it will take the older phone for Rs. 2070, instead of the Rs. 1850 it gives without running the test. If I had placed an order earlier, I would probably not have used this test feature and instead placed the order from the website. Now if I do place an order, it will be through the app. Thanks a lot @Ezio for sharing this info! :)
check my phone option is waste without it flipkart offers more

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
Flipkart offers Rs. 1850 without using the check my phone option, and Rs. 2070 after testing it. So how can it be a waste?

ezio16

Journeyman
I have a phone which powers on, display is good but touch sensitivity is broken in about 50% of places. Will it be ok?

Recently, exchanged a Moto mobile thru Flipkart. The delivery guy took off the scratch guard and analysed the screen. Then checked the lock and volume buttons and took it. So it depends on the delivery guy, if he's convinced that your phone's working good, you are fine.

ezio16

Journeyman
Sorry to hear that.
Before a while, Flipkart or Amazon hadn't cared much about the phone conditions while exchange.
But now they have kept some quite quality checks in place for exchange, may be for refurbishing as they have started to sell used phones since some time.

Top Bottom