Need info before buying XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Looks like my roommates here are hooked into Gears of War PC & now they want to buy a Console. They have summed up to buy a XBOX 360 as playstation 2 is old & cheap but not that good in graphics while PS3 is uber costly with only some games.

Here is the requirement, which console in XBOX 360 series should we buy??? The Arcade, Pro or Elite?? Here are our requirements...

1) Gaming Gaming Gaming. The console will be a strict gaming only device. We don't need to use it as DVD Player. For that we have computer.

2) We will be using it with my LG L206WTQ LCD Monitor as display which has both VGA & DVI connector. So buying a XBOX 360 VGA cable is fixed.

3) We don't need XBOX 360 live service. We don't need download additional content like levels etc. Well, I want to but they won't. If they need a hard disk they will buy later. We don't need to play online.

Right now this is what I have decided to buy,....

XBOX 360 arcade Console
I already have a Wireless controller which I currently use with my PC so we can use that with the console as well.
256 MB Memory stick will be included in it. Is it enough to save games etc??? or do we really need a hard disk?
VGA Cable

Now the biggest Question, shell we go for original XBOX 360 or one with Mod Chip?? I know that if we buy original we won't be able to run Pirated games & if we buy a Moded one then we won't be able to run original games. So what should we do?? We can download games via the internet & burn them to a DVD if we need to play pirated games.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
....From your post above its clear that u dont know much abt consoles :D... so let me help ya...

1. U have to decide first...wether u wanna go modded or unmodded....

No popular mod chips are there for 360 especially in india anyways..coz the reason is very simple...mod chips are detectable by using live...soft mod it...(u can do it ursefl..i did..)..using iXtreme f/w u can easily go live..saying this coz from last feb my friend is doin this... :) ..

well the greatest thing abt the modded cond is no warranty... i say its nowadays ok.. coz the major issue is overheating RROD...nowadays its fixable...even by urself...and lots of metro cities have repair centres..costing upto 3k ~5k... so u have to make a wise choice.....
if u cant afford to shell money for new games..yet want more action..then ONLY buy the modded..or mod it urself... but if u guys are avg gamers with 2 to 3 hrs play time per day... and have nice A/C for ur rooms or proper ventilation...Fans......then its cool..u can mod it.just dont stress ur 360 much... or if ucan afford to shell for 2 to 3 games per month costing max 6k ... then DONT MOD IT...

2. which one... pro and core are the ONLY ones available official... if u gonna mod it..or buying modded ones..i suggest buying a NTSC one from grey..with HDMI..meaning falcons...less prone to RROD.... my pick be a NTSC U not NTSC J ....

3. Buying without HDD ... the biggest mistake u will ever do.... dont even think abt it... confirmed reports are there that some games are coming with HDD install as a must..so u NEED it... in ps3 they are already doing it...

4. abt ps3.... if u intend to buy orginal games... then my choice will be ps3... reason is simple... they made a good product ... thats why ... that doesnt mean 360 is bad... i loved both.. until i sold both.. :D

Last edited:

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
it would be better to buy a original one at this time and get it modded later when the pirated games are easily available..whereas the HDD is concerned its upto you but if you have a high budget then you must go for Xbox 360 pro..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Now the biggest Question, shell we go for original XBOX 360 or one with Mod Chip?? I know that if we buy original we won't be able to run Pirated games & if we buy a Moded one then we won't be able to run original games. So what should we do?? We can download games via the internet & burn them to a DVD if we need to play pirated games.
I'll just address this part of your query.Get the official console it comes with a 1 year warranty & extends to 2 years if the console gets a RRoD within it's first year of purchase.In case you didn't know what an RRoD is then it's a common Xbox 360 console hardware failure which is caused mostly due to overheating of the console.You can read up in details out here: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_ring_of_death

If you get the modded console then you can play both original games & the backed up titles.Whereas in an original console it's just the legit titles which can be played.Remember the biggest risk of getting a modded console is that it voids the warranty & won't be serviced by MS.So the repair costs would be borne by you.With the failure rates being pretty high for this console, I'd say go for the original console.In case of a failure MS would directly replace the whole unit.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Please do read the posts carefully. Guys says "Room mates" Obviously he is staying either in a hostel or as a paying Guest so naturally he won't be having the facility of A.C around. Best bet is to buy Original(unmodded) XBOX 360 and get original games for it. Even the new games don't cost more than 2K, in case of 360 that is. Older ones cost even less. Modded it at your own risk cause if you get a RROD, 99% chance is that Repair Guys gonna put the blame on you for modding it and thus voiding your warranty. Be Safe than Sorry. Buy original and this from the no.1 Pirate of his town. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/85.png

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
We are 4 guys living on rent in Dwarka, we don't have A.C. just fans & cooler.

Let me talk to them & show this thread, then I will reply rest of my query here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom