Need info about HAL Ind Area, Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_lover

Journeyman
Hi friends,

My friend has got an offer from some company in HAL Industrial area for web analytics. He, and I of course, have no clue about Bangalore except Koramangla. Can all Blr-eans or others with knowledge of Blr provide some info as to how far HAL Ind Area is from Koramangla? And is it better to stay in Koramangla or Indiranagar or some decent place (he has to move with family and a kid) nearby.

Thanks for your help.

its not too far, ur frnd can manage from Koramangala. Though Koramangala itself is quite big..so depends which part of it u r in.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Prefer Indiranagar... closer.. better... a 2bhk costs in excess of 10k... traffic is heavy in b'lore.... so... if u dont wanna wait on the roads all day long... prefer staying closer.... at peak times.... u'll have to wait @least 1hr to cross the gap between HAL area & Koramangala.... if u use a 2-wheeler!
Non-peak times.... it takes me max of 10min to cover the distance... taking Forum & Airport as my reference.

C.V.Raman Nagar, Thippasandra, Jivan Bhima Nagar, Marathalli, Domlur, KR Puram are other alternative spots.

Last edited:
OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
Thanks a lot alok4best and koolbluez. My friend hopes to use public transport for the first few months. SO that means even more wait on the road. I'll tell him to keep this in mind before searching anywhere. Thanks again.

shashank_re

In the zone
I stay in C.V Raman Nagar area.Its better to stay in Jeevan Bheema Nagar bcoz its near to Koramangala,cheaper rentals(compared to INR) and it is very neat :)

OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
Thanks shashank_re. BTW staying at Jeevan Bheema nagar means crossing the gap mentioned by koolbluez? Will staying in Indiranagar help avoiding it?

shashank_re

In the zone
Jeevan Bheema Nagar is just adjacent to INR.Koramangala is almost equidistant form INR aswell as JB Nagar.

OT:Hey giga,how was yours man?Mine all ok ok.BTW mine TroniX not CS.

shashank_re

In the zone
^^90%? Me tho copied like hell!! Chem copied ~50marks, Phy ~60 amd maths ~75!! Seriously coz our center was in our college itself and that too only our college teachers for invigilation! :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
oh my god, we didnt get a single chance to copy a single line in our college :( maybe I'll end up with 65 - 70% :(

mananknl

Broken In
hey everybdy..
i'll b joining motorola in banglore in june...how is the c v raman nagar area for staying ??
also i heard thr is waiting for airtel broadband connections in bang. ?? is it true ??

shashank_re

In the zone
:D:D:D hehe.
They came to our college also but they were just standing near the door for 2sec and left the place.Thats it.
Some of them were even turning back and copying but our teachers reacted as if they are copying their class notes:))

BTW the Phy and Maths question paper was leaked! :)

Last edited:
hey everybdy..
i'll b joining motorola in banglore in june...how is the c v raman nagar area for staying ??
also i heard thr is waiting for airtel broadband connections in bang. ?? is it true ??

C V Raman Nagar is a nice option.
Airtel connection--It depends.
If they will have free nodes close to ur house, u will get a connection in 2-3 days...or else , only God Knows...3 years back,I applied for Airtel 2 times.
On both occasions all the nodes in the box adjacent to my home was full...So finally managed to get a BSNL connection. Till now, I am happy with the decent BSNL Dataone.:)

shashank_re

In the zone
BTW Motorola is in Bagmane Tech Part which has Motorola, iFlex, Samsung, HP, Texas, Infosys(coming soon), Sapient, etc.
And 50% of C.V Raman Nagar belongs to defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom