Need Highly dust resistant PC Case

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I live in Delhi, where its ultra dusty. I am looking to upgrade case which will accumulate minimum dust. My current case needs cleaning every 2 months and I am tired of it.
My budget is Rs.10,000. I am only using air cooling for everything (no AIO & using CPU stock cooler). I only play apex legends once in a while where temps get 85C on both CPU & Mobo.

Currently using Ryzen 5 3600x, GTX 1660, 16GB DDR4 3600mhz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Motherboard, 1GB Nvme SSD, Antec HCG750 80 Plus Gold PSU.

Other then that, few requirements I have :
1. If it comes with prefitted case fans then its a bonus.
2. Cable management, so I can hide all cables nicely without bending them badly.
3. Don't care about looks, RGB, etc. Only want maximum protection from dust in the air.
4. I think if fan is on top of the case it will attract more dust (not sure about that). So front, side, rear fan might be better.

Case like this is what I want but it's impossible to find anything similar or same model :

Silverstone Mammoth MM01

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
Push the output air through your ultra dust resistant PC.
1676041305428.png

TheSloth

The Slowest One
What is your current case and fan configuration?
I also live in dusty area and using Corsair 4000D Airflow. I have mesh front and 3 input and 1 output fan config. It holds most of the dust on the front mesh but this needs to be cleaned on weekly basis. Still I find some dust inside of the case. Cant' do much about it apart from weekly cleaning I guess.
Top fan should be always exhaust. Otherwise the cabinet will become dust box.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I want to know which case is suitable for me, which is not dust magnet.
Perhaps just put a dust filter over your intake points and make sure that your intake fans are faster than your exhaust fans. Maintaining positive pressure inside the case is key to keeping it dustless.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
What is your current case and fan configuration?
I also live in dusty area and using Corsair 4000D Airflow. I have mesh front and 3 input and 1 output fan config. It holds most of the dust on the front mesh but this needs to be cleaned on weekly basis. Still I find some dust inside of the case. Cant' do much about it apart from weekly cleaning I guess.
Top fan should be always exhaust. Otherwise the cabinet will become dust box.

I use a jugaad on my Lancool II Mesh. Inside my front panel, I put a 240x120mm magnetic dust filter & 2 extra 120mm meshes to decrease dust going inside.

Perhaps just put a dust filter over your intake points and make sure that your intake fans are faster than your exhaust fans. Maintaining positive pressure inside the case is key to keeping it dustless.

I am using NZXT Guardian 921 which is from 2009. It has 2 CD rom bays, 2 floppy drive bays which sucks more air from outside as their is gap in them even after putting the Lid/cover on it from outside. I use front, side as intake and rear as exhaust. But problem is case is old so its not perfect sealed now plus lot of unnecessary slots (CD Drive/Floppy) which only sucks air.

So I need few suggestions of few cases in my budget which have good dust resistant design without compromising a lot on air flow.

There are no dust resistant cabinets & cabinets are made with US & EU in mind. So you will have to do some DIY stuff to make it dust resistant.

Good cabinets:
Deepcool Mattrexx 55 Mesh 4FS - 5k
Lian Li Lancool 215/216, Lancool II Mesh - 6-8.5k
Corsair 4000D airflow - 7k

Check reviews (Gamers Nexus is great), check their features & decide. I use Lancool II Mesh, is an easy recommendation for 8k IMO, need to buy a fan hub for 500 as it lacks one. Check their teardowns to see if it can accommodate additional mesh layer behind front panel, in front of front intake fans. You can clean front panel + additional mesh(s) every few weeks. It will impact airflow, so adjust fan speeds accordingly & keep positive pressure inside the case.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
It is an endless quest.

1676298813536.png

Use this every month for 10 secs you'll be fine. I was fed up of cleaing my PC as well, got this, no issues. I am in NCR.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I use a jugaad on my Lancool II Mesh. Inside my front panel, I put a 240x120mm magnetic dust filter & 2 extra 120mm meshes to decrease dust going inside.
can u share link where u got filters from ?
Also are those filters perfect fit for the front if yes then i will do same as you. Buy Lancool 2 Mesh & put after market filters on front.

u cant put the filters under the front mesh panel, on top of the fan directly?
No, can put it behind front fans where screws are. That will be a pain to clean though, also to install. My "jugaad" isn't perfect, but I hope its better than leaving front panel as it is. Also plug the gap at bottom of front panel if someone goes for Lancool II Mesh, Gamers Nexus pointed it out.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Does it build up static electricity and thereby chance to break mobos ?
One of my fears. So I got this *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00OOXFRG6/
But this doesn't help if the dust settled for long time. So need to use soft brush to unsettle the dust and then use spray can.

Top Bottom