Need help with setting up new SSD

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
So I created a bootable usb drive, and thought of trying the ssd for another time with hdd connected and use mini tool to delete and create partition again. But as soon as I connected the ssd, it did SHOW UP this time in my computer.

So I think I don't need to try the live linux anymore, right? I am able to copy random images on the ssd as well. I just tried some images as of now.

Now until I am able to get a bigger usb drive to make it bootable for windows 10, should I clone win 7 for the time being? If so, should I use mini tool or some other 3rd party tool for that?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use this tool: MEGA

Win 10 iso: TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1)
upload_2020-3-24_12-44-2.png

Use the tool with above iso to create a modified iso image which will fit on a 4gb usb drive.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
File size of the iso is 5.1 GB, are you sure that it will fit in a 4gb drive?
Use the tool(MEGA link),put the iso & this tool in same folder & then right click the tool & select run as admin. It will create a folder of less than 4gb file size. Just copy paste everything inside that folder directly to 4gb fat32 formatted(not ntfs formatted) usb drive & use that to boot/install win 10 after disconnecting hdd.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Followed all the steps, but in the middle of copying the ISO folder, the usb drive automatically becomes write protected and gives me a error. I tried to format the usb again using some 3rd party tool (since it was not allowing to format directly) and tried again, but still the same thing happened. Error: Imgur

I will try again to make the bootable drive from a laptop, and will see if that works.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Update: I'll wait for the lockdown to get over and will get a new Pendrive to install windows 10. The other 4gb Pendrive I had have a space of 3.79 gb and the ISO folder is of 3.81 gb.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is another a bit complicated method:
Use this Free Software to install, reinstall, clone Windows 10/8.1/8/7 without CD/DVD/USB! to install win 10 home on ssd directly from win 10 iso on hdd(free edition does not support win 10 pro direct install).

Use this method to upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro How To Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using an OEM key

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Can we install win10 from external hard disk to ssd ? I am asking since I have bought an SSD but don't know how to install windows in it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This iso version is win 10 pro version?
There is only one universal win 10 iso which contains all the version & will install the version depending on key entered.

Can we install win10 from external hard disk to ssd ? I am asking since I have bought an SSD but don't know how to install windows in it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
See my earlier post,it needs win 7/8.1/10 already installed on another hard disk/ssd or try this Install Windows 10/8.1 From External Hard Drive

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried the software you recommended to install it from the hdd directly but as soon as the process started, I again got BSOD. Imgur

This is getting really frustrated now. In your experience do you think the ssd is at fault here?

Edit:These are the folders which got copied before I got bsod Imgur

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Install this software & post a screenshot of all values for your hdd & ssd(edit to remove hdd/ssd serial number from screenshot).
Download

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Here Imgur

Also, the drive isn't showing up in My computer again for some reason. I formatted it using mini tool after the bsod to remove the files which got on it, created a partition again but it didn't show up in My computer. I tried to removed the partition again and create it again but still it is not showing up.

Edit: Whenever I try to delete or format the drive I get this error message Imgur
If I click restart now, the process gets complete but the disk still shows using some 75mb in mini tool but even after creating the partition it doesn't show up in My computer Imgur
Is there a chance that the ssd is infected by some virus?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
hdd screenshot showing crc error,try with different sata cables. Virus infects data not hardware(exceptions are there but not for a typical user/general public) & ssd is empty. Some space on any empty ssd/hdd will always be used for partitioning scheme even if there is no data.

Top Bottom