Need help with JAVA GUI designing for mobile phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, first of all, I m not a programmer so my knowledge of programming in JAVA is 0.

What I have here is a JAVA based Yahoo messenger client application in .jar format, for my mobile phones K750i. The application works fine, but there are a few shortcomings in it such as UI for phones with 176X220 resolution etc.

Since the GUI of this app uses only some images & most part of the GUi such as gradient are “coded” I guess I can open it in some JAVA IDE with GUI where I can see the preview in a window & edit the code to change the colour etc. Is this possible?

Is there any JAVA programmer willing to help with me here? I can provide the application & since it is JAVA you can also run the jar file in your pc (don’t know how to) to see how it looks, I can give you what to change; you just have to code it. Or just recommend me a JAVA GUI designer application, which I guess is Netbeans IDE with Mobile pack (that is the only one I have heard about)? I also saw JFrom designer but don’t know which one will do the job cos, like I said, I m just into designing here & no coding.

The application YMess, based on jYMSG API. Now making a whole new application based on this API is tough task that’s why I decided to modify an existing one only.

The things which we need to do is[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1) Increase the font size or give an option to user from choosing multiple font size from a menu.[/FONT]

2) When the user receives a message the LCD of mobile phone flashes 3 times. I have to remove this flashing with either nothing or a small audio file.

3) Many other UI enhancement for phones with 240X320 resolution.

planetcall

Indian by heart
People do not distribute source codes with the application. Java compiler converts the Code to Class code which is an Intermediate Language and is further transformed to machine language by JVM or KVM at runtime. Think in analogous way....you want to make changes in your notepad application....say add a new menu. You wont be able to do it coz you dont have the source code. I dont say it cant be done but sure in this case you need an assembly programmer and for the java case there are some utilities to convert classes to original source files but I dont find 100% similarity with the converted Java code and the original java code. Most of the IL codes are obfuscated deliberately to stop such reverse transformation to source code.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
from my limited knowledge

javac converts .java files to .class

cjava decompiler, decomiles .class to .java

I already have the .java files, decompiled from .class files, that is not the problem. The problem is how to make or modify the existing UI? I m downloading Netbeans IDE + Mobility pack, I hope it can open .java files or do me some help in UI desigining.

Any java coder willing to help is welcome.

busyanuj

In the zone
well, i don't know if it is a proprietary software or not. if it is not, simply insert System.out.println statements to observe the flow of the code and make the necessary modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom