Need help with Inverter trolley (Kolkata)

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Dudezz of TDF,
Me back after a long time.
Anyway, current problem goes like this.

I bought a Inverter(Microtek SWe2 1550VA SineWave) and a couple of Tubular batteries (Exide IT500 InvaTubular 150Ah) a few days back and God, are they heavy or what!! The inverter weighs almost 20-22 kg and the batteries!!!! Almost 40kg each! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Ok, so I asked the seller (Capital Electronics, VIP) for a trolley to hold all this muscle and he says, "sorry, no can do!!!" :cry::cry: According to him, the trolleys they have, cannot take weight of this kind!
Hmm...the batteries are sitting idle, so I start searching on the web and get this -->
a. Lovely, just what I need!!
Except, when I called them (half afraid that they wont sell to me, since I am not a dealer/distributor/trader), they said, they dont ship to Kolkata (strange!!) and this is not in stock!! what the he11! It seemed to me he said its out of stock because first he asked me how many I need (and I said, one!?!) and that seemed to put him off!! [Maybe he just isnt too bothered with sales of such pitiful volume] Tough luck for me!

b. Got a host of urls on the net for manufacturers selling trolleys of all kind (but they all list in Indiamart and the like - no dedicated sites); sent queries to all of them - no one has bothered to reply yet!!

c. Finally, this!
Ah well, this seems to be made of plastic, then again the seller does not mention the dimensions, so really this is a long shot!

So, I finally turn to all of you, here, for help!

Where in Kolkata (preferably, but will gladly go for online), can I find myself, a double inverter tubular battery trolley, preferably made of metal, preferably black in color? (Much like the one in the first link)!

Or if there's no answer to that, then, where can I find any damn trolley that will accommodate couple of tubular batteries and not crack under around 100 Kg of weight?

Also, if anyone, living anywhere in India (I saw a lot of shops in Chennai and Delhi, selling a variety of trolleys, but their sites didn't mention shipping to East/North India), can find me my requirement, I did be glad to pay him (/her?) for the trouble to buy it for me and courier it to me (on top of the purchase and courier charges, of course)!!

One last thing, need this FAST!!

Thanks and :Fingerx:

----------------------------------
Update
----------------------------------

Just got a call from a Delhi manufacturer, Uni-Tek, around 10 mins back. (Very nice guy --> I wish most dealers were as polite as this manufacturer, that too when all the time he was thinking of it from the point of view of my troubles rather than his profit!!)

He told me, he can sell a single piece to me, or if I know someone in Delhi, that person can buy it and courier it to me.
He said, his products are plastic primarily, and he was quite confident that a load of 100kg would not break it.
But his primary concern was that if during shipping, a piece breaks, then I would be in a lot of trouble; hence, better buy locally!

He also said, metal trolleys are also available in Delhi.

Now, TDF guys from Delhi, would any of you be kind enough, to help me out here!! Please! ?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You will find Inverter trolley in Chandni Chowk, Kolkata
or check this
Inverter Trolley | eBay

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
You will find Inverter trolley in Chandni Chowk, Kolkata
or check this
Inverter Trolley | eBay

Hi Teni, how are you? :)

Thanks for replying, but the link you gave me, is for the same product I listed in point c of my original article.
Anyway, will I find metal trolley for double tubular batteries at Chandni? Keep in mind, these are not easily available (the common ones are plastic ones and can only hold flat batteries or lighter ones).
If you dont mind, care to give me a shop address at Chandni?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I am fine, eating alurchop with my gang at potoldanga :lol:
How are you?

I am sure you will find metal trolleys for Inverters because about 1year ago when I am purchasing the metal trolley for washing machine, I saw the metal trolleys for inverters there.But forget the shop name :(

Last edited:
OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I am fine, eating alurchop with my gang at potoldanga :lol:
How are you?

I am sure you will find metal trolleys for Inverters because about 1year ago when I am purchasing the metal trolley for washing machine, I also saw the metal trolleys for inverters.But forget the shop name :(

Alurchop for lunch?? Nice! :p :mrgreen:

Hey u gave me good news and bad news at the same time - so I can find metal trolleys in Kol, good to know....but where?
Was the shop u saw it in, in Chandni? If so, at least, give me some landmark? near Vedant? Siraj? TechnoCrat? anything...!! Some direction, please!

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Alurchop for lunch?? Nice! :p :mrgreen:

Hey u gave me good news and bad news at the same time - so I can find metal trolleys in Kol, good to know....but where?
Was the shop u saw it in, in Chandni? If so, at least, give me some landmark? near Vedant? Siraj? TechnoCrat? anything...!! Some direction, please!

I am just kidding :p
You will find them in Chandni market its near chandni more.Ask anyone there about its exact location :)

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
are why bother so much go to a neighborhood workshop give them dimentions they will make it within some hours

Hmm..thats my last resort!

BTW, where I live, there's no workshop that does sheet metal stuff..only carpenters around...so I will have to get it made of wood or aluminium...not too keen on that to be honest.

Will be glad to get contacts/addresses/numbers for workshop/people who do that, though!

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
wood is good if you dont want to drag the batterys . but for trolly always go for metal.
there must be some shops who makes metal window grills, metal door & stuff. these are pretty common all around india
i personally build myself a wooden one. i have a microtec 800VA home UPS. The battery weight is about 30KG:shock:

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Wood is nice idea, metal can get rust. What about making a trolley with GREENPLY.I think greenply plywood is solid enough to keep battery weighting 30-60 kg.Ask your local carpenter about but it will surely cost higher than metal one.

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Wood is nice idea, metal can get rust. What about making a trolley with GREENPLY.I think greenply plywood is solid enough to keep battery weighting 30-60 kg.Ask your local carpenter about but it will surely cost higher than metal one.

^that's true . wood==more costly than metal

I think corrugated (and painted) steel sheets might be more rust-resistant.
Anyway, at this point, I don't care much, need any damn trolley to get the inverter show going!! :p

BTW, total weight is almost 150KG. Battery (~60 KG) x2 = 120 + Inverter (almost 25-30 KG) = Total ~150KG..do not feel confident that plywood can take that much!! :( Personally, I prefer metal. Lets see, I am trying to finish up work as fast as possible today to visit Chandni around evening.

================================

Visited Chandni today...but no luck...
According to Chandni wallas, double tubular inverter battery metal trolleys are no longer in production!! Damn!! :shock::evil:

Could not find too many shops that stock double tubular battery trolleys (lots of flat battery trolleys though!!)
Finally settled for a ABS plastic one -- found one shop near Hardware market main gate -- he showed me two 75kg batteries on the trolley and convinced me it can easily take the weight of my tubulars. Unfortunately, the only piece he had was sold out and he asked me to come back on Monday! [Found another shop also which claimed to have double trolley but refused to give demo and quoted price of INR 1550!! :shock::shock:]

Fingers crossed for Monday! :Fingerx:

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry forgot to update this thread!

I did not get metal trolley (like the one in the SKMetals link).
But I did get ABS Plastic trolley - I was a little skeptical about it initially but now that I have seen it in action for some weeks, I know its hardy. (unless you are planning to move it around a lot in which case I dunno :p )

Are you from Kolkata?
Go to Chandni, Sanjay Electronics (9903183933) and ask for Double Tubular Battery Inverter Trolley (dont forget to specifically mention "double" if you have couple of batteries, coz, single ones have lots of supply but double ones are hardly in stock).

Dont say you found their details here...just in case....

It will cost anywhere between 1200 to 1500.

If they say its not in stock, insist, plead till they agree to ship it for you :D

BTW, ones you get it, you will have a really hard time, fitting it up because the whole thing is a little too sturdy and rigid, the holes do not align too well with the pillars...but ones its setup, you will be good to go...

If you do not find it in Kolkata, then you will have to get it shipped from Delhi (like I had to)...that will cost you some more without any guarantee that you will get the product in one piece. That's what the wholesale dealer who shipped it to me had told me.... :( Anyway, mine came in one piece.

I do not have the dealer's number right now..I never actually saved it..but I remember I got it off the net..Some site called IndiaMart or something...duckduckgo it!

BTW, in case you are going to Chandni and do not find it at Sanjay Elec, there's another shop on GC Avenue...its at the opposite footpath to where the Eastern Logica shop is (the bigger one)..keep moving away from GC till you cross the Petrol pump....Forgot its name, but I did advise not buying from here, because the seller asked for 2.5K upfront and seemed like a big cheat! Also, the sample he showed me was dirty and appeared cracked which as per him was "normal" - so you get the drift.

Oh and the brand name to look for is Hyundai :p :D

Top Bottom