Need help with huawei e303c

I purchased this modem about 4 months ago. Since then I've been regretting my decision. My laptop is g6-2005ax. When I plug the modem in usb 2.0 or usb 3.0, the dashboard boots up fine and shows the signal.

*img855.imageshack.us/img855/920/puf9.jpg

But just after pressing the connect button, this happens.

1) When the modem is connected in usb 3.0 port

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/1892/yc1t.jpg

2) When the modem is connected in usb 2.0 port

*img839.imageshack.us/img839/3010/5t1h.jpg

I'm able to successfully connect only when the modem is connected to usb 2.0 port AND the windows displays the error that a "high speed usb device is plugged into a non high speed port. Please connect it in one of the following usb 2.0 port". The problem is, sometimes it takes 2-3 hours for this error to appear and sometimes it doesn't appear even after multiple restarts. I had this problem in win 7. I did a clean install of win 8 and the problem still persists. ANother G6-2005ax+huawei e303c user Chaitanya had this issue, but it got resolved when he moved to win 8. Mine didn't. I'm using the latest driver by huawei. Please help. Pleaseeeeee

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am not sure but i have also seen similar issue of usb 3g modem being not detected in usb3.0 port but works fine on usb2.0 port on asus laptop.my guess is due to some hardware limitation/design these devices are not getting enough power from some usb ports under certain conditions.you can try testing it on some desktop back usb port to eliminate insufficient power possibility.if it runs fine on desktop back usb port then you have to buy an external powered usb hub to use it on a laptop without issue.
Belkin 4 Port USB Powered Hub - www.deltapage.com

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
i am not sure but i have also seen similar issue of usb 3g modem being not detected in usb3.0 port but works fine on usb2.0 port on asus laptop.my guess is due to some hardware limitation/design these devices are not getting enough power from some usb ports under certain conditions.you can try testing it on some desktop back usb port to eliminate insufficient power possibility.if it runs fine on desktop back usb port then you have to buy an external powered usb hub to use it on a laptop without issue.
Belkin 4 Port USB Powered Hub - www.deltapage.com

The issue exists with usb hub too. Are there any generic drivers for usb modems?

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
Using a usb hub seems to have solved my problem. Although the same didn't work on win 7. Thank you whitestar_999 for your help. You rock.

Top Bottom