Need help with High End Mobos

Which MOBO Shoud I buy for 13.5-14.5 K?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajananna

Right off the assembly line
I am assembling a mid priced sys for around 60 K. Looking for a high end mobo to go with C2D 6750.

Been quoted :-
13500 for P5K Deluxe
14500 for P5k Premium
13500 for GA X-38 DQ6 (Yes it is available).

Pls confirm if Asus P5k Premium board supports SLI and the Deluxe mobo supports Crossfire. Atleast Pricegrabber.com says so.

Also the price of the Premium board internationally starts at $ 180 whereas the deluxe is priced $200 onwards. I( am confused since the price here is upside down.

Also the GA X-38 DQ 6 is being quoted as around $264 but is being sold for 13500. I guess that the dealer has given me a wrong quote. Shall I grab the X-38 DQ 6. Does Gigabyte have serious issues of support ? ( a dealer in Nehru Place said so).

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
better than all these .. get asus maximus formula .. x38 chipset .. available now ..

p5k premium as well deluxe does not support sli .. no intel chipset has support for sli .. it does support crossfire in 16x + 4x configuration ..

and the above mentioned mobo supports crossfire in 16x+16x config..

try to get the maximus formula if u can ..

darklord

Cyborg Agent
If that Gigabyte X38 DQ6 is being quoted for 13.5k, go RIGHT NOW and buy it.
That price is just unrealistic.
Another board worth considering if this Gigabyte quote works out to be false, Abit IX38 QuadGT. Based on the X38 chipset. Very nice board, Available for ~12-13k

moshel

Padawan
Nvidia is out with the new 780i platform with a 3 x 16x SLi mode. no DDR3 support but supports DDR2 upto 1200 Mhz.

check it out. and wait if u want to go for SLi

oh forgot....
it supports the "now" older 65nm proccys as well as the new 45nm proccys.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
X38 all the way man ! and that gigabyte board is built like a tank, superb build quality and super overclockability,no point going for 780i, its a reincarnation of 680i with an additional chip to give PCIe 2.0 capability.

OP
R

rajananna

Right off the assembly line
X38 all the way man ! and that gigabyte board is built like a tank, superb build quality and super overclockability,no point going for 780i, its a reincarnation of 680i with an additional chip to give PCIe 2.0 capability.

Thanks Darklord,
When I went to the dealer, he tried to palm off the DA X38 DS5 instead of the DQ6 I had asked for @ 13500/-. So, I settled for the ASUS P5K Deluxe @ 13500. The P%K Premium is also available for 14500/-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom