Need Help - WD Hard Drive Caution Error...!!!

shreeux

Movie Buff
I was added 2 separate 1TB WD hard drive

Screenshot_1.jpg

Recently bought WD Blue Desktop 1TB Internal Hard Drive from Amazon. A few days back hearing some ticking noise with a regular interval after restart hard disk not shown. After reconnecting power and SATA cable now fine.

I install CrystalDiskInfo check the disk (New One), It shows "Caution" alert

Screenshot_2.jpg

Below Image shows 2 separate 1TB WD hard drive. OS installed seperately.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Is it really a new hard drive? I would suggest not to install your OS or put your important files on this drive because it may fail anytime.
The caution is due to the "Reallocated sectors count", which is almost certainly a sure sign that the HDD is failing, and may stop working permanently. There is no other solution but to replace it with a new HDD.

You can try eliminating the bad sectors : What Are Bad Sectors And How Can You Fix Them? [Part 2] or by using some 3rd party softwares. But that may not help at all.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Is it really a new hard drive? I would suggest not to install your OS or put your important files on this drive because it may fail anytime.
The caution is due to the "Reallocated sectors count", which is almost certainly a sure sign that the HDD is failing, and may stop working permanently. There is no other solution but to replace it with a new HDD.

You can try eliminating the bad sectors: What Are Bad Sectors And How Can You Fix Them? [Part 2] or by using some 3rd party softwares. But that may not help at all.

Is was unusual when I install fresh OS in new drive after complete. Separate partition was showed the size of 304MB.
Also, face some problem in Partition into 4 parts unable to divide. So finally 3 Partition done.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Get it replaced ASAP
and also don't install OS in this new drive as of now

Still, Warranty up to 18-Jun-2019.

My doubt is If connect two internal disk makes trouble?

If you look the third image on the post.

Old Drive does not show windows partition after OS install
New Drive shows windows partition after OS install 304MB

That means can in reinstall OS or Partition error...that why confuse.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Connect as much hard drives as your motherboard supports, it cause no trouble whatsoever.
As per your third image, the OS (which is running) is installed on your old hard drive (C:\). I think you have installed another OS in H: drive (in new hard drive). Most probably, G: drive is a system partition which is created by OS installed on H: drive (OS does that automatically, there is nothing to worry about)

C: - has OS which is running in your screenshot.
G: - system partition created by OS in H: drive (when you installed windows in new drive)
H:- windows which you installed on new drive.

Try reformatting the new hard drive (complete format) by going into control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management (option in left pane)
Right click on all the partitions of your new hard drive and select "Delete Volume":

upload_2017-5-23_12-49-45.png

Then try scanning your drive on CrystalDiskInfo and check the results.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since windows 7,every windows edition creates a small hidden system partition that contains select system files & other boot related info to provide a recovery environment in case system fails to boot from the main installed windows boot partition.

Btw,I don't see much point in buying an internal 1tb hdd when portable 2.5" hdd is available for just Rs.300-400 more from WD/Seagate.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Connect as much hard drives as your motherboard supports, it cause no trouble whatsoever.
As per your third image, the OS (which is running) is installed on your old hard drive (C:\). I think you have installed another OS in H: drive (in new hard drive). Most probably, G: drive is a system partition which is created by OS installed on H: drive (OS does that automatically, there is nothing to worry about)

C: - has OS which is running in your screenshot.
G: - system partition created by OS in H: drive (when you installed windows in new drive)
H:- windows which you installed on new drive.

Try reformatting the new hard drive (complete format) by going into control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management (option in left pane)
Right click on all the partitions of your new hard drive and select "Delete Volume":

Then try scanning your drive on CrystalDiskInfo and check the results.

My Mother board is "Intel Desktop Board DP45SG"....How to check my mother boards support, how many GB or Internal hard disk?
Now using 400w SMSPS....Its enough or to Upgrade?

My doubt is 2 drive, 2 separate OS....It cause any problem?
Reason for installed 2 OS, if any one failure or corrupt boot in another drive also One for regular work and other for Games.

ok, I try with CrystalDiskInfo once formatting.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Since windows 7,every windows edition creates a small hidden system partition that contains select system files & other boot related info to provide a recovery environment in case system fails to boot from the main installed windows boot partition.

Btw,I don't see much point in buying an internal 1tb hdd when portable 2.5" hdd is available for just Rs.300-400 more from WD/Seagate.

In Old drive windows hidden partition not shown rather than new one...that why confuse?
In beginning was planned to buy External, finally bought Internal....Now again plan to buy External or Thinking to External Case time being.

Any External case suggestion?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest not to use external case for internal hdd.If you have internal hdd then keep it installed within PC.Internal hdd are delicate & run quite hot so not suitable for external closures that too in a hot climate country like India.

Hidden partition is created in such a way that it is hidden only when system is running from the windows that created the hidden partition.If you install windows on 2 different hdd & boot from one of them then other hdd windows hidden partition will become visible.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I suggest not to use external case for internal hdd.If you have internal hdd then keep it installed within PC.Internal hdd are delicate & run quite hot so not suitable for external closures that too in a hot climate country like India.

Hidden partition is created in such a way that it is hidden only when system is running from the windows that created the hidden partition.If you install windows on 2 different hdd & boot from one of them then other hdd windows hidden partition will become visible.

Ok...Understand...:)

How to partition equally with round number..Any calc?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
My Mother board is "Intel Desktop Board DP45SG"....How to check my mother boards support, how many GB or Internal hard disk?
Now using 400w SMSPS....Its enough or to Upgrade?

My doubt is 2 drive, 2 separate OS....It cause any problem?
Reason for installed 2 OS, if any one failure or corrupt boot in another drive also One for regular work and other for Games.

ok, I try with CrystalDiskInfo once formatting.

There are 5 SATA ports on your motherboard, so you can easily install 5 internal hard drives. That shouldn't be a problem.
Requirement of SMPS power depends on the entire system. If you don't have power hungry graphics card installed in the system, 400w is fine even for 5 internal hard drives.
You can install as many OS as you want, and its always better to install them in different partitions (as you already did). But your problem is not because of the multiple OS's, its just the bad sectors on your hard drive. As I suggested earlier

1) Try fixing the bad sectors (as directed in link shared before). If that doesn't help
2) Try reformatting the entire hard drive. (full format, not quick format)

If both doesn't work, get your hard drive changed. As you said that you've bought it recently from Amazon, you should be able to get it exchanged.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try these but no guarantees:
Create Perfect Round Number Hard Drive Partitions
What size should I make a partition to appear as a standard number e.g 100Gb
see the 1st two posts on above superuser link to understand it is not as simple as it seems.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
There are 5 SATA ports on your motherboard, so you can easily install 5 internal hard drives. That shouldn't be a problem.
Requirement of SMPS power depends on the entire system. If you don't have power hungry graphics card installed in the system, 400w is fine even for 5 internal hard drives.
You can install as many OS as you want, and its always better to install them in different partitions (as you already did). But your problem is not because of the multiple OS's, its just the bad sectors on your hard drive. As I suggested earlier

1) Try fixing the bad sectors (as directed in link shared before). If that doesn't help
2) Try reformatting the entire hard drive. (full format, not quick format)

If both doesn't work, get your hard drive changed. As you said that you've bought it recently from Amazon, you should be able to get it exchanged.

OK....I forget to mention using XFX AMD RADEON HD 6670 Graphics card ...Need to upgrade SMPS?

Now, return policy 10 days expired...Now send to warranty only...If i sent to warranty...I think they replace with refurbished only. that's why sad..

Previous experience in Seagate drive clicking noise and freeze will happen , I changed within warranty 2 times they replace with refurbish drive and third time same problem occurred again they give refurbish, again fight with get new one that also not working after warranty.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
6670 is a relatively weak gfx card so any decent 400w psu from major brands(coolermaster,corsair,seasonic,antec but not indian ones like zebronics,intex etc) should be enough.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
6670 is a relatively weak gfx card so any decent 400w psu from major brands(coolermaster,corsair,seasonic,antec but not indian ones like zebronics,intex etc) should be enough.

Oops....I have Indian made only...What should i do? Suggest good one.

*i.imgur.com/Sex2Z7q.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seasonic is going to launch their new series soon,same is the case with corsair & cooler master new models.If system was running fine till now then it is better to wait for a few months.That gfx card is a weak one & doesn't even require external/molex power connector so you should be fine.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Seasonic S12II 430

Seasonic S12II 430 BRONZE ; SS-430GB 430W SLI ATX12V Power Supply Price in amazon....7,702.00

SEASONIC S12II SERIES 620W POWER SUPPLY W/80+ BRONZE CERTIFICATION......Price in amazon... 7,850.00

What's the difference? Other than any product ?

Top Bottom