Need Help Urgently: Installation of Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
Hi, I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on my PC:

Intel Core2Duo E6600
Kingston DDR2 667 1GB x 4
Asus nVidia 8800 Ultra
Disk 0 - Sata 300GB (Dynamic Drive)
Disk 1 - IDE 80GB (Primary)
Disk 2 - Sata 160GB (Primary)
Intel DP965LT Mainboard
Sony DVD RAM

After installation, because I lost my password, I tired to install a fresh copy of Windows Vista Ultimate after formatting the drive (on Disk 2). The drive is formatted to NTFS.

I get the error message:

"Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation"

I have tried the diskclean up (using command prompt) given on the microsoft acrticle:
*support.microsoft.com/kb/927520/en-us

lokhendro

upcoming
delete the partition ... format with the vista disk ... and install there.... vista does not support the win xp ntfs partition ...it has its own new ntfs formate

OP

Journeyman
As I said before, I have deleted the partition using Diskpart.exe and created a new partition and formatted it in the Vista Hard selection screen (using the command prompt Shift+F10)

The same message keeps getting displayed.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
if you want to install Vista on the SATA HDD then please Go to the Motherboard BIOS... manually set the IDE Drive to NONE (by default it would be Auto)... Save all settings the reboot... now try the installation :)

Sykora

I see right through you.
Also make sure that you're booting from the hard drive that you want to install Vista on, when you're installing. That is, after your DVD drive, that disk should come next. I'm not entirely sure that this is necessary, but it has been in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom