Need Help Urgent!!How to read registry of a different bootable harddisk on another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I need to know how can i read the registry of my brothers hard drive on my XP installation.
I need some information from a registry key.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: Need Help Urgent!!How to read registry of a different bootable harddisk on anothe

I need to know how can i read the registry of my brothers hard drive on my XP installation.
I need some information from a registry key.
Thats very easy...
Just take a backup of the registry file or the key itself...
And after copying it to ur system, double-clicking will do the rest of the things...:D
Isn't it easy?

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Re: Need Help Urgent!!How to read registry of a different bootable harddisk on anothe

I can't boot that disk because i had to RMA his motherboard.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

I can't boot that disk because i had to RMA his motherboard.
I think to take the reg backup the HDD is enough.. So just grab his HDD and put in ur case(You have to remove ur HDD).. then take a backup and you set to go....
I hope u get it....rite.....

swatkat

Technomancer

Registry information is stored in C:\Windows\System32\Config\ folder, with these filenames:
Code:
SOFTWARE
SYSTEM
SECURITY
SAM

Copy these files from that HDD (or slave it in your working PC). Open Windows Registry Editor (type regedit.exe in Run dialog box) and click on HKEY_USERS brach. Now, go to File menu and choose Load Hive option and open any of the required Registry files copied from that HDD. Registry Editor will load the hive and there you can edit/modify and save the changes.

paroh

Padawan

Registry information is stored in C:\Windows\System32\Config\ folder, with these filenames:
Code:
SOFTWARE
SYSTEM
SECURITY
SAM
Copy these files from that HDD (or slave it in your working PC). Open Windows Registry Editor (type regedit.exe in Run dialog box) and click on HKEY_USERS brach. Now, go to File menu and choose Load Hive option and open any of the required Registry files copied from that HDD. Registry Editor will load the hive and there you can edit/modify and save the changes.

Can u explain little more as i load the hive in some other PC. and follow the steps told by u if i make any changes or modification in the loaded hives are these changes saved in that pc registry or changes take place only in the the loaded hive

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005

^^ changes are made in the loaded hives if you change under the loaded hive.. you should figure out after you load the hive...
don't forget to unload hive before you exit..

dax702

Right off the assembly line

I'm trying to install drivers for a Quantum DLT8000 tape drive. Strange things are happening. The tape drive is working because I'm able to use the xTalk software to communicate with it to do diagnostics, etc. But it's not showing up in the device manager. I've gotten it to show up in the device manager by doing a manual add hardware. But it shows up with a yellow exclamation point. Fooling around with it more, by uninstalling it from the device manager and then scanning for hardware changes, it finds the device and says:

"The required section was not found in the INF"

I did a search on that error message and someone said to fix it, install the device on another machine and copy the registry info. Well, I do have a slave drive that was my old bootable drive, but it's not set up to boot. Then again, even if I could read the registry files, I wouldn't know what to change. Here's the contents of the INF file that installs the drivers for this DLT drive:

Code:
; Comprehensive DLTtape(tm) Driver Installer for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista
; Copyright © 2005 Quantum Corporation
; Version:  4.3.33.0
;           10/19/2006

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"        ;---- Valid for all NT-based operating systems
Class     = TapeDrive
ClassGUID = {6D807884-7D21-11CF-801C-08002BE10318}
Provider  = %INF_Provider%
DriverVer = 10/19/2006,4.3.33.0
CatalogFile = QntmDlt.cat

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir = 12
CoCopy_x86 = 11
CoCopy_ia64 = 11
CoCopy_amd64 = 11

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %INF_Disk_Name%,,,,          ;---- 4th comma added for Win XP

[Manufacturer]
Benchmark = Benchmark_Models, ntia64, ntamd64
Compaq = Compaq_Models, ntia64, ntamd64
HP = HP_Models, ntia64, ntamd64
IBM = IBM_Models, ntia64, ntamd64
Quantum = Quantum_Models, ntia64, ntamd64
Tandberg = Tandberg_Models, ntia64, ntamd64

[Strings]
; Non-Localizable
SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE = 0x00000002
SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER  = 1
SERVICE_DEMAND_START   = 3
SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL   = 1
REG_EXPAND_SZ          = 0x00020000
REG_DWORD              = 0x00010001

; Localizable strings
INF_Disk_Name   = "Comprehensive DLTtape(tm) Driver Installer for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista"
INF_Provider    = "Quantum Corporation"

; *** BEGIN:  Repeat for each CPU Architecture *********************************
; ******************************************************************************
;                                                                              *
;                                                                              *

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
QDLTx32.sys = 1
LT1cfx32.dll = 1
Xlatex32.sys = 1

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86]
CopyFiles = qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.Copy
UseInfDeviceDesc = 1        ; Added to override SCSI Inquiry Data

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.Copy]
QDLTx32.sys

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.Services]
AddService = QDLTx32, %SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%, qntmdrv_Service_Inst_x86, qntmdrv_EventLog_Inst_x86

[qntmdrv_Service_Inst_x86]
ServiceType    = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%
StartType      = %SERVICE_DEMAND_START%
ErrorControl   = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%
ServiceBinary  = %12%\QDLTx32.sys

[qntmdrv_EventLog_Inst_x86]
AddReg = qntmdrv_EventLog_AddReg_x86

[qntmdrv_EventLog_AddReg_x86]
HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\QDLTx32.sys"
HKR,,TypesSupported,%REG_DWORD%,7
HKR,,DeviceCharacteristics,%REG_DWORD%,0

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.HW]
AddReg = qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.HW.AddReg

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.HW.AddReg]
HKR,,DeviceCharacteristics,0x10001,0x0100         ; Use same security checks on relative opens
HKR,,Security,,"D:P(A;;GA;;;BA)(A;;GA;;;SY)"      ; Allow generic-all access to Built-in administrators and Local system

; ---- Start CDB 16 to 12 byte translation filter setup -----------------------

; Note that this filter driver is *usually* not installed.  The coinstaller
; is smart enough to install it only when required to overcome a SCSI CDB
; number of bytes limitation.  This problem affects Windows ATA & SATA devices.

[Xlate_Inst.ntx86]
CopyFiles = Xlate_Inst.ntx86.Copy

[Xlate_Inst.ntx86.Copy]
Xlatex32.sys

[Xlate_Inst.ntx86.Services]
AddService = Xlatex32,, Xlate_Service_Inst_x86, Xlate_EventLog_Inst_x86

[Xlate_Service_Inst_x86]
DisplayName    = "Tape drive CDB workaround for ATAPI"
ServiceBinary  = %12%\Xlatex32.sys
LoadOrderGroup = PNP Filter

[Xlate_EventLog_Inst_x86]
AddReg = Xlate_EventLog_AddReg_x86

[Xlate_EventLog_AddReg_x86]
HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\Xlatex32.sys"

; ---- End CDB 16 to 12 byte translation filter setup -------------------------

; ---- Start CoInstaller installation -----------------------------------------

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntx86.CoInstallers]
AddReg    = CoAddReg_x86
CopyFiles = CoCopy_x86

[CoCopy_x86]
LT1cfx32.dll,,,0x10

[CoAddReg_x86]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"LT1cfx32.dll,CoInstaller_Entry"

; ---- End CoInstaller installation -----------------------------------------

[Benchmark_Models]
"Benchmark VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS160___________
"Benchmark DLT2 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKDLT2____________
"Benchmark DLT1/VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKDLT1____________
"Benchmark VS160 Drive within ValueLoader VS1280" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS1280__________
"Benchmark VS80 Drive within ValueLoader VS640" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS640___________

[Compaq_Models]
"Compaq SDLT 320 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__SDLT320_________
"Compaq SDLT 220 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__SuperDLT1_______
"Compaq DLT VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT_VS_40/80____
"Compaq DLT1 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT1____________
"Compaq DLT8000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT8000_________
"Compaq DLT7000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT7000_________
"Compaq DLT4000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT4000_________

[HP_Models]
"hp StorageWorks SDLT600 (300/600 GB) Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______SDLT600_________
"hp StorageWorks DLT VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______DLT_VS160_______
"hp StorageWorks SDLT320 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______SDLT320_________
"hp StorageWorks DLT VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______DLT_VS80________

[IBM_Models]
"IBM ValueSmart VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialIBM_____VS160___________
"IBM ValueSmart VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialIBM_____VS80____________
"IBM DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialIBM_____DLT-V4__________
"IBM DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, USBSTOR\SequentialIBM_____DLT-V4__________
"IBM DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, IDE\SequentialIBM_DLT-V4______________________________

[Quantum_Models]
"Quantum DLT4700 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4700_________
"Quantum DLT4500 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4500_________
"Quantum DLT4000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4000_________
"Quantum DLT4140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4140_________
"Quantum DLT2140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT2140_________
"Quantum DLT2000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT2000_________

"Quantum DLT-S5 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-S5__________
"Quantum DLT-S4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-S4__________
"Quantum DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-V4__________
"Quantum DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, USBSTOR\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-V4__________
"Quantum DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, IDE\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-V4__________________________
"Quantum SDLT 600 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_SDLT600_________
"Quantum DLT VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT_VS160_______
"Quantum SDLT 320 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_SDLT320_________
"Quantum DLT VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT80___________
"Quantum SDLT 220 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_SuperDLT1_______
"Quantum DLT1 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT1____________
"Quantum DLT8000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT8000_________
"Quantum DLT7000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT7000_________
"Quantum DLT4140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT4140_________
"Quantum DLT2140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT2140_________

[Tandberg_Models]
"Tandberg SDLT 220 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGSuperDLT1_______
"Tandberg DLT8000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGDLT8000_________
"Tandberg DLT7000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGDLT7000_________
"Tandberg DLT4000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGDLT4000_________

"x-- Do not select this entry --x" = Xlate_Inst, Not_Used_By_Pnp_Manager

; ******************************************************************************
; *** END:    Repeat for each CPU Architecture *********************************

; *** BEGIN:  Repeat for each CPU Architecture *********************************

[SourceDisksFiles.ia64]
QDLTi64.sys = 1
LT1cfi64.dll = 1
Xlatei64.sys = 1

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64]
CopyFiles = qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.Copy

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.Copy]
QDLTi64.sys

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.Services]
AddService = QDLTi64, %SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%, qntmdrv_Service_Inst_ia64, qntmdrv_EventLog_Inst_ia64

[qntmdrv_Service_Inst_ia64]
ServiceBinary  = %12%\QDLTi64.sys

[qntmdrv_EventLog_Inst_ia64]
AddReg = qntmdrv_EventLog_AddReg_ia64

[qntmdrv_EventLog_AddReg_ia64]
HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\QDLTi64.sys"

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.HW]
AddReg = qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.HW.AddReg

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.HW.AddReg]
HKR,,DeviceCharacteristics,0x10001,0x0100         ; Use same security checks on relative opens
HKR,,Security,,"D:P(A;;GA;;;BA)(A;;GA;;;SY)"      ; Allow generic-all access to Built-in administrators and Local system

[Xlate_Inst.ntia64]
CopyFiles = Xlate_Inst.ntia64.Copy

[Xlate_Inst.ntia64.Copy]
Xlatei64.sys

[Xlate_Inst.ntia64.Services]
AddService = Xlatei64,, Xlate_Service_Inst_ia64, Xlate_EventLog_Inst_ia64

[Xlate_Service_Inst_ia64]
ServiceBinary  = %12%\Xlatei64.sys

[Xlate_EventLog_Inst_ia64]
AddReg = Xlate_EventLog_AddReg_ia64

[Xlate_EventLog_AddReg_ia64]
HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\Xlatei64.sys"

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntia64.CoInstallers]
AddReg    = CoAddReg_ia64
CopyFiles = CoCopy_ia64

[CoCopy_ia64]
LT1cfi64.dll,,,0x10

[CoAddReg_ia64]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"LT1cfi64.dll,CoInstaller_Entry"

[Benchmark_Models.ntia64]
"Benchmark VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS160___________
"Benchmark DLT2 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKDLT2____________
"Benchmark DLT1/VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKDLT1____________
"Benchmark VS160 Drive within ValueLoader VS1280" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS1280__________
"Benchmark VS80 Drive within ValueLoader VS640" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS640___________

[Compaq_Models.ntia64]
"Compaq SDLT 320 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__SDLT320_________
"Compaq SDLT 220 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__SuperDLT1_______
"Compaq DLT VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT_VS_40/80____
"Compaq DLT1 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT1____________
"Compaq DLT8000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT8000_________
"Compaq DLT7000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT7000_________
"Compaq DLT4000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialCOMPAQ__DLT4000_________

[HP_Models.ntia64]
"hp StorageWorks SDLT600 (300/600 GB) Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______SDLT600_________
"hp StorageWorks DLT VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______DLT_VS160_______
"hp StorageWorks SDLT320 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______SDLT320_________
"hp StorageWorks DLT VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialHP______DLT_VS80________

[IBM_Models.ntia64]
"IBM ValueSmart VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialIBM_____VS160___________
"IBM ValueSmart VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialIBM_____VS80____________
"IBM DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, USBSTOR\SequentialIBM_____DLT-V4__________
"IBM DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, IDE\SequentialIBM_DLT-V4______________________________

[Quantum_Models.ntia64]
"Quantum DLT4700 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4700_________
"Quantum DLT4500 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4500_________
"Quantum DLT4000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4000_________
"Quantum DLT4140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT4140_________
"Quantum DLT2140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT2140_________
"Quantum DLT2000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQuantum_DLT2000_________

"Quantum DLT-S5 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-S5__________
"Quantum DLT-S4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-S4__________
"Quantum DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-V4__________
"Quantum DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, USBSTOR\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-V4__________
"Quantum DLT-V4 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, IDE\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT-V4__________________________
"Quantum SDLT 600 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_SDLT600_________
"Quantum DLT VS160 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT_VS160_______
"Quantum SDLT 320 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_SDLT320_________
"Quantum DLT VS80 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT80___________
"Quantum SDLT 220 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_SuperDLT1_______
"Quantum DLT1 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT1____________
"Quantum DLT8000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT8000_________
"Quantum DLT7000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT7000_________
"Quantum DLT4140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT4140_________
"Quantum DLT2140 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DLT2140_________

[Tandberg_Models.ntia64]
"Tandberg SDLT 220 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGSuperDLT1_______
"Tandberg DLT8000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGDLT8000_________
"Tandberg DLT7000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGDLT7000_________
"Tandberg DLT4000 Tape Drive" = qntmdrv_Inst, SCSI\SequentialTANDBERGDLT4000_________

; *** END:    Repeat for each CPU Architecture *********************************

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
QDLTx64.sys = 1
LT1cfx64.dll = 1
Xlatex64.sys = 1

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64]
CopyFiles = qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.Copy

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.Copy]
QDLTx64.sys

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.Services]
AddService = QDLTx64, %SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%, qntmdrv_Service_Inst_amd64, qntmdrv_EventLog_Inst_amd64

[qntmdrv_Service_Inst_amd64]
ServiceBinary  = %12%\QDLTx64.sys

[qntmdrv_EventLog_Inst_amd64]
AddReg = qntmdrv_EventLog_AddReg_amd64

[qntmdrv_EventLog_AddReg_amd64]
HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\QDLTx64.sys"

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.HW]
AddReg = qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.HW.AddReg

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.HW.AddReg]

[Xlate_Inst.ntamd64]
CopyFiles = Xlate_Inst.ntamd64.Copy

[Xlate_Inst.ntamd64.Copy]
Xlatex64.sys

[Xlate_Inst.ntamd64.Services]
AddService = Xlatex64,, Xlate_Service_Inst_amd64, Xlate_EventLog_Inst_amd64

[Xlate_Service_Inst_amd64]
ServiceBinary  = %12%\Xlatex64.sys

[Xlate_EventLog_Inst_amd64]
AddReg = Xlate_EventLog_AddReg_amd64

[Xlate_EventLog_AddReg_amd64]
HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\Xlatex64.sys"

[qntmdrv_Inst.ntamd64.CoInstallers]
AddReg    = CoAddReg_amd64
CopyFiles = CoCopy_amd64

[CoCopy_amd64]
LT1cfx64.dll,,,0x10

[CoAddReg_amd64]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"LT1cfx64.dll,CoInstaller_Entry"

[Benchmark_Models.ntamd64]

[Compaq_Models.ntamd64]

[HP_Models.ntamd64]

[IBM_Models.ntamd64]

[Quantum_Models.ntamd64]

[Tandberg_Models.ntamd64]

If any of you windows xp gurus out there can help me get this thing working properly, I'll pay you $50 via paypal..... dax702 AT cox DOT net

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3

^
50$....letme see then....lols

dax702

Right off the assembly line

I almost got it working, but not quite. I had to add [ClassInstall32] to make that other error go away, but it's still code 39 with the exclamation point in the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom