Need Help to transfer Audio Cassattes to CD/DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhtar

Right off the assembly line
I have many old non-film Audio Cassates (Many are more then 25 yrs. old but playing still very good) So, I want to record them on CD/VCD. What software or Hardware I need? I have Pentium4-80GB-Sony DVD Writer-Win98 & Win XP drives. What else I need? Thanks. :?

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
if u want to do just simple recording,nothing more is necessary.
just connect the audio out(headphone)jack of ur mc player to the audio in/mic jack of ur sound card which is mostly located at the back panel.
now go to start>all programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder.
nw go to,edit>audio properties. there,ensure that the sound recording is selected to your line in(in my case it is intel(r)integrated audi0)
*img94.exs.cx/img94/8257/untitled1copy1wx.jpg
then play ur cassette ad click on the record button. and after recording,u can save it.
then use Nero(or other burning software) to burn it into an audio C.D.
if u want more options like cleaning etc,use nero wave editor

swatkat

Technomancer
You need a stereo cable which has stereo jacks on both side of it and a software called Audacity.
Install and run Audacity, and select the recording source as "Line In".
Then connect the Audio(Headphone) Out of the Audio Player to Line In of your PC.
Then right-click the Speaker icon and click "Open Volume Controls". Here go to Options> Properties and clikc "Recording" and then clikc OK. Then in main window check (or uncheck if the option is "mute") Line In and adjust it's volume slider to max.
Then click "Record" in Audacity, after this reduce the bass, treble and any other effects in the Audio Player to zero, and play the song from start of the Tape.
After the recording, select the "empty" portion of the recorded sound and, then go to Tools> Noise Removal and clikc "Get Noise Profile".
Then select all the recorded sound and go to Noise Removal, and there reduce the slider to a "lesser" position and clikc "Remove noise".
*audacity.sourceforge.net/

Do a trial run before recording so as to get the noise free recording, if there is excessive noise, reduce the volume in the Audio cassette player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom