Need help to buy Android Tablet within Rs 15000

rudrabasak

Right off the assembly line
Dear Members,
I am looking to buy a tablet within Rs 15000. My requirements are mainly gaming, watching movies sometimes, display should be good, need 3G via SIM. I have shortlisted Lenovo A3000, Asus Fonepad 7, Dell Venue 7 8GB 3G, Dell Venue 8 16GB 3G (available for Rs 13,999 on Flipkart, but showing that seller will not ship this item to my place). Please help me to choose the best. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Dell Venue 7/8 offer Android 4.4 out of the box plus 2GB ram compared to Android 4.3 (no 4.4 update yet) and 1GB in FonePad 7.

tkin

Back to school!!
Dear Members,
I am looking to buy a tablet within Rs 15000. My requirements are mainly gaming, watching movies sometimes, display should be good, need 3G via SIM. I have shortlisted Lenovo A3000, Asus Fonepad 7, Dell Venue 7 8GB 3G, Dell Venue 8 16GB 3G (available for Rs 13,999 on Flipkart, but showing that seller will not ship this item to my place). Please help me to choose the best. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
Fonepad 7.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Dear Members,

fonepad 7 or ipad/ipad mini if you can extend
even nexus 7 is worth checking but its wayy overpriced

Get the Xolo Tegra Note 7 ... i play GTA San Andreas Mobile version are max resolution and all graphic setting maxed. problem is the screen is onl7 1280x720...thats pretty low for 7 inch screens. Oh and the stylus is pretty fancy too. I did i review few months back, check it out

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Nexus is overpriced? Seriously?? iPads are the costly waste of money devices

i dont think 28k is worth it for a nexus 7,till 18-20k is also fine
ipads have a better experience
fyi i own two nexus 7s and 3 ipads,so yeah i pretty much know what im talking about
even expansion isnt an excuse here, both have fixed storage and otg and ios is wayy smoother than android on a tablet
in phones,i agree iphones are wayy overpriced and limited but in tablets its the other way round

- - - Updated - - -

Get the Xolo Tegra Note 7 ... i play GTA San Andreas Mobile version are max resolution and all graphic setting maxed. problem is the screen is onl7 1280x720...thats pretty low for 7 inch screens. Oh and the stylus is pretty fancy too. I did i review few months back, check it out

^^true dat even pricing:performance etc is worth it,only con is updates which can be a bit iffy,though roms etc may come up soon

$hadow

Geek in making
^^This is your perspective I also own both the nexus 7 and ipad mini and if any place which apple has their upper hand is their app store tablet section. But android is also catching up in that scenario as well. Nexus devices does bring you the best available at budget and that is clearly observed is that what is the price of top end nexus 7 will always be less than base model of ipad. And after using android L on my nexus 7 it is clear that Google ain't giving it up easily.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^This is your perspective I also own both the nexus 7 and ipad mini and if any place which apple has their upper hand is their app store tablet section. But android is also catching up in that scenario as well. Nexus devices does bring you the best available at budget and that is clearly observed is that what is the price of top end nexus 7 will always be less than base model of ipad. And after using android L on my nexus 7 it is clear that Google ain't giving it up easily.

^^agreed but my post is for those who are extreme pro android people and hate apple products without owning one etc
even if apple is a bit closed you gotta admit the ipads gestures and UI feel very premium (i dont like ios 7 design and havent updated my ipads to 7 only my ipad 3 is on ios 7),stock android doesnt match up to that on a tablet but it is improving,that i will agree
btw going by flipkarts pricing of ipad mini and nexus 7,the ipad is worth it whereas the nexus 7 feels overpriced
In USA ,its a different story and nexus 7 is available for much lesser

$hadow

Geek in making
^^agreed but my post is for those who are extreme pro android people and hate apple products without owning one etc
even if apple is a bit closed you gotta admit the ipads gestures and UI feel very premium (i dont like ios 7 design and havent updated my ipads to 7 only my ipad 3 is on ios 7),stock android doesnt match up to that on a tablet but it is improving,that i will agree
btw going by flipkarts pricing of ipad mini and nexus 7,the ipad is worth it whereas the nexus 7 feels overpriced
But this is a fact nearly all the devices. Be it from a mobile to the laptop so only nexus cannot be blamed for this. And regarding Apple products I stopped using my I pad after 1 month of purchase. For me SIRI sucks big time and the act I cannot change my keyboard and launcher is a bug deal for me. And only for gestures I cannot use it for always when I compared it yo my nexus 7. And along that will I am planning to upgrade my nexus 7 to might be n72013 or n8 but for mini a big NO from my side anytime ad also I am not a apple hater but a dissatisfied customer.

Just put a different launcher & you can get the gestures that you want + you get a new look n feel....... It's like you are using a new device

Rooting opens up a new world in Android devices. The new CM11 theme manager is great. You can easily change the whole of UI(including icons, bootanim, looks of setting, notification drawer, on screen keys, etc). If your device is dev friendly, then you can get newer android versions even though there is no official support (Galaxy nexus got updated to 4.4 by dev community, S3 getting Touchwiz 4.4 by devs & many more)

So...... Apple doesn't stand a chance. Insane pricing of Apple is icing on the cake for Android devices.
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] : Sorry to hurt your feelings
@ everyone else: Please check all cons of iOS before buying an Apple product (if you have got that much cash)

Coming to main topic, Dell's tablet is good

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
but rooting etc has more risk of bricks etc whereas jailbreaking is much safer with ZERO brick risk
In android even if the battery dies out mid way,you are stuck with a brick and no way to flash it to stock
In ios you can semi brick it with unnofficial tools and still bring it back to life
ios>>android in tablets atleast,in phones iphones are overpriced and limited etc
in fact why root,rom etc in the first place,the stock stuff should work properly,other than nexus no other android works well out of the box and even nexus has its own limitations like no otg support on kit kat without root
android tablets have wayy more cons than an ipad,like i said its a different thing in phones

- - - Updated - - -

Just put a different launcher & you can get the gestures that you want + you get a new look n feel....... It's like you are using a new device

Rooting opens up a new world in Android devices. The new CM11 theme manager is great. You can easily change the whole of UI(including icons, bootanim, looks of setting, notification drawer, on screen keys, etc). If your device is dev friendly, then you can get newer android versions even though there is no official support (Galaxy nexus got updated to 4.4 by dev community, S3 getting Touchwiz 4.4 by devs & many more)

So...... Apple doesn't stand a chance. Insane pricing of Apple is icing on the cake for Android devices.
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] : Sorry to hurt your feelings
@ everyone else: Please check all cons of iOS before buying an Apple product (if you have got that much cash)

Coming to main topic, Dell's tablet is good

itll never have the beauty of an oem feel to it even if you add gestures etc later
ipads gestures just work and are superior to androids thirdparty gesture system
use an ipads gestures then youll see what i mean

- - - Updated - - -

But this is a fact nearly all the devices. Be it from a mobile to the laptop so only nexus cannot be blamed for this. And regarding Apple products I stopped using my I pad after 1 month of purchase. For me SIRI sucks big time and the act I cannot change my keyboard and launcher is a bug deal for me. And only for gestures I cannot use it for always when I compared it yo my nexus 7. And along that will I am planning to upgrade my nexus 7 to might be n72013 or n8 but for mini a big NO from my side anytime ad also I am not a apple hater but a dissatisfied customer.

just curious why didnt you like ios's UI but like stock android UI
frankly even though i hate ios 7's design cues,its still nicer to look at and use than stock android(on a tab atleast,forget phones)
the nexus 7 does have a great form factor and screen but its still not enough to ditch the ipad
the stock ios keyboard works fine except for the lack of swipe which would be useless on a tablet imho
i agree Siri sucks big time,after using google now and cortana,apple is wayy behind in this
im not saying nexus 7 is bad but it lacks the premium feel of the ipad despite being similiarly priced
im not calling you an apple hater but most other people ive come across in tdf forums are very pro android in a bad way and havent used apple products or WP etc and make general assumptions without using other products
i have a fixed set of preferences:-
Best phone overall- WP
Best tablet overall - iPad
Best 7" - ipad mini/nexus 7 (depending on pricing,if nexus 7 is from usa for $200,its a better deal and vice versa)

- - - Updated - - -

About Insane Pricing:-
Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi and Cellular Price in India - Buy Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi and Cellular White and Silver 16 Online - Apple : Flipkart.com

Google Nexus 7 C 2013 Tablet Price in India - Buy Google Nexus 7 C 2013 Tablet White 32 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

i know the ipad is 16gb while the nexus 7 is 32gb but id still get the ipad or get a wifi 32gb instead
even the design is better
cases however are massively overpriced for the ipad but are more usable

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
^^umm basically you are comparing last gen ipad with current gen nexus 7.
But yup lets sum up this topic with conclusion that everything is based on what you can spend. Wait for material design in next gen nexus and than I will ask you about looks of next gen OS looks. For me material is not always important what I go after is hardware, and when I use ios I am always left for the urge of more from the os but that's just me.
Now the next gen nexus is also rumored to be in the league of ipad so now lets see how this will turn out to be.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^umm basically you are comparing last gen ipad with current gen nexus 7.
But yup lets sum up this topic with conclusion that everything is based on what you can spend. Wait for material design in next gen nexus and than I will ask you about looks of next gen OS looks. For me material is not always important what I go after is hardware, and when I use ios I am always left for the urge of more from the os but that's just me.
Now the next gen nexus is also rumored to be in the league of ipad so now lets see how this will turn out to be.

actually apple is ahead in terms of hardware(cpu)
the A5 found on the ipad mini is still a very powerful cpu and all A5+ cpus can easily beat nexus 7's hardware
its not last gen technically
when people talk about non-android products they forget that android in itself is a resource hog hence ios,WP,BB10 perform much better on same or lesser hardware
plus android is the only OS , where a "last gen " situation arises
you can still pick up an iphone 4,z10,Lumia 520 and get updates and better performance than a more recent android device(fragmentation and high unecessary usage of resources)
so it isnt fair to compare based off benchmarks,age etc,real world performance matters more
as for design,nexus 7 for 27k doesnt boast of design,build etc which you would expect from a device of that price range,even my 12k lenovo tabs rubber finish feels more premium(though its update system and hardware sucks big time-my lenovo not talking about nexus here :p )
frankly im not impressed by android L(which im running on my nexus 7 and nexus 5) and ios 8 beta(running on my ipad 3),but ios on the ipad still feels better to operate
maybe its just Android L and ios 8 beta are yet to get official releases but none of them brought anything really significant to the table,though battery performance is great on ios

just curious why didnt you like ios's UI but like stock android UI
frankly even though i hate ios 7's design cues,its still nicer to look at and use than stock android(on a tab atleast,forget phones)
the nexus 7 does have a great form factor and screen but its still not enough to ditch the ipad
the stock ios keyboard works fine except for the lack of swipe which would be useless on a tablet imho
i agree Siri sucks big time,after using google now and cortana,apple is wayy behind in this
im not saying nexus 7 is bad but it lacks the premium feel of the ipad despite being similiarly priced
im not calling you an apple hater but most other people ive come across in tdf forums are very pro android in a bad way and havent used apple products or WP etc and make general assumptions without using other products
i have a fixed set of preferences:-
Best phone overall- WP
Best tablet overall - iPad
Best 7" - ipad mini/nexus 7 (depending on pricing,if nexus 7 is from usa for $200,its a better deal and vice versa)

- - - Updated - - -

About Insane Pricing:-
Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi and Cellular Price in India - Buy Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi and Cellular White and Silver 16 Online - Apple : Flipkart.com

Google Nexus 7 C 2013 Tablet Price in India - Buy Google Nexus 7 C 2013 Tablet White 32 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

i know the ipad is 16gb while the nexus 7 is 32gb but id still get the ipad or get a wifi 32gb instead
even the design is better
cases however are massively overpriced for the ipad but are more usable

I hate stock android UI, which many people here praise.

I like the UI of Samsung & LG, HTC too(Apple of androids)........

Comparing last gen iPad with current N7, I have nothing else to say on this

People have their own priorities.............. I just hate Apple due to its pricing & software restrictions, that's it. I think the size of iPhones are suitable for smartphones. Current gen flagship android phones don't interest me. The only phone in market which interests me is Sony Z1 Compact. In upcoming models, i like Galaxy Alpha & looking forward to how Z3 Compact would be..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I hate stock android UI, which many people here praise.

I like the UI of Samsung & LG, HTC too(Apple of androids)........

Comparing last gen iPad with current N7, I have nothing else to say on this

People have their own priorities.............. I just hate Apple due to its pricing & software restrictions, that's it. I think the size of iPhones are suitable for smartphones. Current gen flagship android phones don't interest me. The only phone in market which interests me is Sony Z1 Compact. In upcoming models, i like Galaxy Alpha & looking forward to how Z3 Compact would be..

that makes sense i guess,your points are valid in a way
though apple isnt always overpriced,depends on the product or even variant
ipad air and mini 2 are massively overpriced by atleast 15k,coming from someone who has bought every ipad from 2-4
mini 1 and ipad 4 are now better priced

Top Bottom